Ratings for Dr. Joseph R. O'Connell

Dr. O'Connell always takes time to understand what led up to the symptoms, he wants to understand the whole picture, not just treat the symptoms. Prescribes practical treatment aimed to heal without over-prescribing.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

I really like Dr. O'Connell. He and his staff treat me like a friend and provide my family and I with top notch care. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great doctor who take a personal interest in their health.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

Dr.O'Connell offers old-fashioned care, with empathy. Sometimes he's backed up a bit, although I never have had to wait more than 30 minutes, perhaps because he spends the time to talk over the health issue and get to the root cause. Excellent physician.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

DR. O'CONNELL TREATS OUR WHOLE FAMILY. HE IS KNOWLEDGABLE AND VERY HELPFUL. HE SPENDS TIME EXPLAINING THINGS TO US AND IS ALWAYS PLEASANT. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SOMETHING, HE'S ALWAYS WILLING TO LISTEN. I'VE NEVER SEEN THE ARROGANT OR RUDE SIDE PEOPLE HAVE DESCRIBED ON HERE. NEVER. THERE'S ONE OFFICE STAFF MEMBER THAT IS VERY RUDE AND I CAN SEE HER SAYING THE THINGS THAT SUPPOSEDLY WERE SAID, BUT NOT DR. "O". I HAVE RECCOMMENDED HIM TO SEVERAL PEOPLE.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2011

Great doctor. Knowledgeable and has a great attitude. Fun and easy to get along with. Knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Dr. O'Connell is a great family practice doctor. I've seen him several times and he always spends a lot of time with me and does a great job of explaining whatever care he is prescribing. I often recommend Dr. O'Connell. I read some of the negative comments and I can't believe it's the same Doctor... believe me when I tell you that Dr. Joe O'Conell in Fayetteville, AR along with his staff are about as squared away as it gets. They are always prompt, I have never waited more than 30 minutes in the office and have never waited more than a day for an apointment...I've gotten in on the same day a number of times.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. O'Connell's for 5 years now. I have rarely had to wait for more than 30 minutes to see him. If he does not have an appointment available the same day, I have always been able to get in the next day. His nurse has never taken more than half a day to call back when I leave a message. If he has medication samples, he will always give them if he knows you need help. He is always generous with his time, never rushing through the appointment. The negative comments I read about him on this website just do not sound like the Dr O'Connell I know. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

I saw Dr. O'Connell twice. The first time he was arrogant and oddly vulgar, but he was able to get me in quickly and he seemed confident in his knowledge of my problem. He lackadaisically prescribed me a medication without telling me its extreme possible sideeffects (most likely because he didn't know about them) and after a couple of days on the medication I became ill. So I went in to see him for the second time, he was extremely rude and even had the gull to accuse me of using the medication for "recreational" purposes. As it turns out, the drug he gave me had many severe side effects which he never mentioned and if I had known, I would have never taken it. I would definitely NOT recommend him

flag | Submitted April 9, 2009

Dr. O'Connell has been a tremendous help to myself and my family through very difficult times. I highly recommend him. He spends time with his patients and is a very good listener. (and he's cute! :) I feel lucky to have him as my physician.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Showed up 5 minutes late to the appt. due to traffic, and although took a day off work, would not see me and proceeded to treat me very rudely. I would never recommend using this office.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2006

Dr. Joseph R. O'Connell's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1999)