Ratings for Dr. Albert R. Harris

My son had a wrist fracture. Dr. Harris applied the cast at 10am. At 5:30pm the same day, the cast easily slipped off my son's arm. At 5:50pm I called the after hours number to ask if I could go to their urgent care office which was open until 9pm to get a new cast. I never heard back from the office until 10am the following day. In addition to the poor follow-up, Dr. Harris was not patient friendly. He would not answer direct questions. For example, I asked Dr. Harris what activities my son could do with a broken wrist. Dr. Harris replied that "it depends upon who you ask". He provided me with a monologue explaining in a condescending manner that if I ask four different doctors I would get four different responses. I repeated my question asking Dr. Harris for his advice. Despite my repeated attempts, Dr. Harris would not provide advice on what activities my son could participate in with his broken wrist explaining that it depends upon my level of risk and who I ask.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Great surgeon but not great with availability after surgery. Will not return calls,upset "does not bring work home". The staff at this practice does not seem to care much at all,and I'd question their expertise, too. Dr. Harris is really good in follow-up,sheduled appointments. The physical therapist, Tom, is good too. In short, I'd select them again, but know which areas to keep expectations low.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr. Albert R. Harris's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1997)