Ratings for Dr. Mary A. Poag

I love doctor Mary Poag, she is very thorough.. she is very concerned about her patient

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

I am 53 and two years ago Dr. Poag told me I needed a surgical hysterectomy to remove some fibroids ( later found out they could be removed by laser surgery) I went in for a simple hysterectomy and this dr completely severed my ureter! She wasn't there when I woke up and long story short she put me under the care of an ancient urologist who tried to repair me four different surgeries and couldn't do it. He ended up dying before my last surgery and finally I got a Urologist who did a major ureter reimplantation who repaired her botched surgery. I was so healthy and fit, she ruined my condition of life and I had a total of six surgeries to repair what she had done to me. Do not go to her! She even admitted she made a mistake in her doctor notes. She's very very inept and sent her MOTHER to tend to me after her botched surgery which should have been a normal hysterectomy.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I have used Dr. Poag for 10 years and had no problems until my second pregnancy. I was informed yesterday at an Ultrasound that my pregnancy was not normal and that there was no heartbeat at 8 weeks. This was my 3rd U/S in 3 weeks. When I spoke to Dr. Poag on the phone she informed me that there WAS a heartbeat and that she would not perform a D&C procedure. I asked about the viability of the fetus and she told me that it would NOT live to full term and that I needed to let it miscarry on it's own, between 4-12 weeks! When I questioned this she told me that I could go to a Planned Pregnancy Clinic tomorrow, but that she would not to the procedure due to the "heartbeat", even though the fetus would not go full term. I totally understand Pro-Life, I do bc I am; however, this is not a viable pregnancy and I'm very disappointed that she expects me to live another 6 weeks with a fetus that will miscarry. I'm also insulted that she told me to go to Planned Parenthood. I will not return!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Dr Poag is awesome! She makes you feel as your her only patient and only concern. I cannot write enough great things about her

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

I absolutely love Dr. Poag! I never feel rushed and she takes time to educate and answer questions. It is extremely important to me to feel like my doctor cares about me as a person and Dr. Poag is very personable and friendly. She was recomended to me by a friend and I would recomend her to anyone. I drive 45 minutes to see her because she is wonderful. I have had a few health complications in which I had to see a specialist and she always coordinated with them without my help. ie: got info, spoke with specialist on the phone, ordered test results. Dr. Poag is one of the best doctors available!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I have gone to her for the past 12 years, but after repeat testing I have really started to wonder if I and my daughter have been taken advantage of. My daughter was told she had HPV, then given a biopsy which said she did not. Then after her follow up pap, they did not call until almost a month later saying she needed to be on medication for a slight abnormality and she needed another pap in 6 months. When she asked about her biopsy results they told her they saw where it was ordered but never showed it was done. I brought her there myself to get this done and also paid the 20 percent difference of insurance and they had no record of this being done. Sounds like someone wants to make some more money off of us. I will find a new doctor and start from scratch! The story is never straight.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

When my Dr. dropped me as a patient in my 7 month of pregnancy due to insurance change, Dr. Poag was the only Dr. in the Webster area to take me so late in my pregnancy. Eventhough I had to wait 2 weeks to see her, her nurse called me and told me that if I had any problems to call and they would make sure to get me in right away. When we arrived at her office, the staff was very nice. Ruth (nurse) showed my husband and I around the office and spent almost 2 hours with us going over my pregnancy and giving us a bag full of free things. Poag came out and introduced herself to us and took us into her office for another 45 minutes or so to ask me questions and go over my medical records from my previous Dr. After that appointment I was very happy with Poag and knew that I found a GREAT Dr. She is very sweet and has good bed side manners and always answers my questions to their fullest.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

Dr. Poag delivered my last 2 babies. She is patient and caring. She takes her time and explains everything. I HIGHLY recommend her! I wish I could go to her for everything instead of my GP.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2008

I love Dr. Poag. She delievered my son in 2005, and was always very kind. She always took time to call me on my lab results, and she has always been quick to help me out with my medical problems, even when I lost my insurance! She has always taken the time to answer all my questions and not make me feel like I'm just another paitent. I would recomend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2007

She has been my doctor since 2003. She takes the time to listen to any concerns or questions that you might have. She has delivered both of my children and I recommend her to anyone needing an OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007

Dr. Mary A. Poag's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Webster, TX