Ratings for Dr. Mehryar R. Taban

Very professional, excellent knowledge of oculoplastic surgery. He performed a surgical procedure on my eyelid without a trace of any scar, explained thoroughly the procedure. Kind, sympathetic, gentle, and humble.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Ray Taban is literally a miracle worker. Let me preface this review by saying I have extensive knowledge of soft tissue surgery and oral/maxillofacial surgery. I understand the procedures to a moderate extent and the aesthetic relations of features on the face (along with their 3-dimensional projections). I know of many occuloplastic surgeons, maxillofacial surgeons, implant specialists, craniofacial surgeons, and so on. When it comes to the periorbital region (everything around the eyes) he IS the best in the world. I started off with mild sclera show, projection of the eyeball outside of the eye socket ('bug eyes'), the sulcus of of the eye being heavily exposed, a negative canthal tilt on one eye, moderately recessed infraorbital rims, and an outer lower eyelid that dropped down too much. The shape of my eye was dysthetic and the sweeping effect (the way the upper eyelid margin, sulcus, and canthus sweep around the eyeball giving that sexy' sharp look) was non-existent. What Taban did was unbelievable. Through canthoplasty, tear trough implants (on the orbital rim), lower lid retraction, orbital decompression, and slight lowering of the upper eyelid (on the left eye), I now have hooded eyes (I am male; this was intended), a extreme sweeping effect, a high lateral canthus position, and a lower lid so high that it likely won't descend for decades (and it looks great as well) Once again, he has performed beyond expectation, and once again a patient doesn't want to show the pictures. I look so amazing I do not want anyone to know this was the result of surgery. I can live my life in bliss. People stop me in the streets on a *daily* basis to tell me I have beautiful eyes (people will go even further but I won't comment on that). I can only express immense gratitude. The pictures on his website are not his best work. There are many patients out there that (for a variety of reasons, including shock at such an amazing result) want it kept private. I am one of them. You'll never know of my result, but it's better than anything I've ever seen online. I told him he better go hard, and he did, and in the right way. I look completely natural, and my eye shape is ideal (and this is coming from me, an aesthetician who knows more about this stuff than most people). So please, don't let his humbleness distract you from his work. He's in Beverly Hills, where everyone is promoting themselves as the best on Earth. If you really want to see the best, ignore the hype, pay the consultation fee, and see this man. Everyone I know is doing so after having seen my result.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate it. I am very happy for your surgical outcome and you.

Submitted April 8, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Taban in December 2015 by my Optometrist. At that time I was 1 year post lower blepharoplasty surgery which resulted in severe lower lid retraction. By the time I was referred to Dr. Taban, I was feeling helpless and hopeless because I had spent an entire year of my life massaging and taping my lower eyelids in hopes of preventing the need for a second surgery a canthopexy which my original surgeon stated was the only other option to correct my retraction since the taping and massaging did not provide satisfactory results for me. I also scheduled consultations with two other top Occuloplastic surgeons, one in Beverly Hills and the other at UCLA. I was very impressed by Dr. Taban’s education, training and experience prior to meeting him. When I met with Dr. Taban for my first consultation I found him to be empathetic, warm and very knowledgeable. He immediately verbalized what I was thinking with regard to my lid retraction position which was not only extremely gratifying but a wonderful relief that finally someone else, not my friend, mom or husband, but an experienced surgeon sees what I see, after an entire year of my surgeon telling me that I look great! I felt so relieved leaving Dr. Taban’s office because he provided a solution to this retraction nightmare. I then met with the other two surgeons who told me that Restylane Injections were the best option for me and that I would most likely not be happy with the results of a canthoplasty or other reconstructive surgery. All three surgeons stated that a canthopexy would not be a good option due to my weak lower lid support and that the lids would retract back down within a couple of months post surgery. Because I was so afraid of a second surgery I decided to try the less invasive Restylane injections. I chose the surgeon whose nurse showed me a photo of a woman who had severe retraction (worse than mine) in one eye which was corrected with a few treatments of Restylane. I was very excited after seeing the photo because it meant that I wouldn't have to undergo a second surgery. I had 3 appointments for Restylane through to the summer of 2016 which improved the appearance of the retraction but still left me with moderately retracted lids as seen in my before photo. At that point I decided to reach out to Dr. Taban to ask if he would administer Restylane injections to see if the lower lid would move up further. Dr. Taban re-iterated that the Restylane can only do so much and that the best long term option was surgery and he was absolutely correct. I had wasted 7 months and spent almost $3,000 in hopes that the Restylane would eventually correct the retraction. When I met with Dr. Taban, he again took his time explaining all of my surgical options and patiently answered all of my questions and concerns during and after my appointments. I scheduled my surgery for December 2016. I am now 3 months post op and am still in awe of what Dr. Taban achieved. I was nervous through the healing process but he and his office staff reassured me that healing takes time and there were right. A few weeks after surgery even though the swelling wasn’t completely gone, I was feeling normal again. During the past 2 years I wore eyeglasses and sunglasses to hide my eyes. The last 2 months have been the first time in 2 years where I not only felt comfortable but confident with the appearance of my eyes and haven’t worn my eyeglasses unless I needed them. I can’t say enough about Dr. Taban’s skill. He truly is an artist and I feel so lucky to have been referred to him. I never imagined that my surgery would not only have corrected my retraction but that it would look so natural! I am so lucky and eternally thankful to Dr. Taban. I feel like I have my life back! I would recommend anyone interested in any procedure for their eye’s to Dr. Taban. He’s not only an empathetic human being, and excellent communicator, he is an exceptional surgeon!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! I am glad I could help restore your beautiful eyes and regain confidence.

Submitted March 22, 2017

I was looking for a Doctor to perform Lower eyelid retraction surgery. I found Dr. Taban on Realself.com and right away I had a great experience. His office responded so fast to my request for a consultation. I live in New Mexico, which was not a problem. The Skype consultation was a great experience and I knew right after that Dr. Taban was the best choice for my surgery. He made me feel very comfortable and answered any questions or concerns I had. Upon meeting him the day before surgery, I felt even more assured that I had made a good decision. Everyone in his office was so nice and helpful. I was able to schedule my surgery on a Friday afternoon and then my post op the following Monday, which was very accommodating for my travel plans. During recovery, I had several questions and he always responded in a timely matter and was reassuring that everything was going according to schedule. My results are a big difference from before and that is all thanks to a very skilled and knowledgeable surgeon, Dr. Taban. I would absolutely recommend his services to family, friends, or anyone looking for a great oculoplastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank for you for your personal feedback! It was a pleasure taking care of you and glad you could make it to Beverly Hills from New Mexico.

Submitted March 22, 2017

I’m very grateful that I found Dr. Taban. He did an epicanthoplasty after an unsuccessful upper blepharoplasty done by another surgeon. From the moment I visited him I felt in good hands. His staff and office are immaculate. He is extremely knowledgeable about difficult cases, and makes one feel at ease. He explained the situation to me, and ensured me that he could help while giving me realistic expectations. My outcome was better than I could have hoped for. I would highly recommend Dr. Taban!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! You did great throughout the treatment and happy for your results.

Submitted March 22, 2017

Beautiful office, great staff, but most importantly AMAZING doctor! My mother, my husband and I are so thrilled with our aesthetic results. He answered all our questions and gave us realistic expectations. He is a true artist in the realm of Oculoplastics!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! It is always great seeing you and your loved ones.

Submitted March 22, 2017

I had orbital Decompression Surgery for my bulgy eyes and I can honestly say it was the second best decision of my life. The best decision of my life was to have Dr. Taban perform the surgery. Dr. Taban performed a miracle with my eyes and now I love them. I highly recommend Dr. Taban to anyone who wants anything done with their eyes.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy for your results. You did great.

Submitted March 22, 2017

Excellent consultation and procedure to remove growth on my eyelid, which was done in the office under local anesthesia, with quick recovery. Thank you Dr. Taban for your help. You are great at what you do. I will refer my family and friends to you for cosmetic eyelid plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Appreciate your feedback! You did great with the eyelid procedure. I'll be happy to see anyone you refer.

Submitted March 22, 2017

I took my mom to visit Dr. Taban for droopy upper eyelid surgery and under eye bags surgery. We were very impressed by his demeanor and expertise in eye plastic surgery. He described what the problem was, why it happened, and what treatment was recommended (blepharoplasty). My mom scheduled her surgery under local anesthesia. She was amazed how painless the recovery was. And she is more amazed about the natural yet youthful results. We can't thank Dr. Taban enough for his excellent work!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! Your mother did amazing and thank you for your help throughout the process.

Submitted March 22, 2017

I didn't quite take care of my skin during my late teens and 20's. I was a heavy smoker, a tanning bed user, lived in sunny Florida and spent a lot of time at the beach. I failed to use spf.. As a result of this my skin prematurely aged with dark sun spots, slight loss of elasticity and fine lines around my eyes. After a wonderful experience with Dr. Taban for epicanthroplasty, I went to see him for a chemical peel. The results are phenomenal!!! my skin looks like it did at 20, the discoloration and fine lines have completely vanished and I don't even need foundation. As an added bonus, the peel over my eye area faded the scars from a previous blephroplasy many years ago!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! Glad you are doing well.

Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mehryar Ray Taban, MD is an oculoplastic surgeon, specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic eye plastic surgery (eyelid, orbit, lacrimal). He is an assistant clinical professor at UCLA. He has offices in greater Los Angeles area, specifically Beverly Hills and Santa Barbara.

• Persian
  • English

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

• Bags under eyes