Ratings for Dr. Mehryar R. Taban

Dr. Taban solved a big problem in my life. I had spasms on my eye day and night. I went to a doctor, whose name I don't want to mention, to treat it and I came out with a black eye for 3 weeks. I went to Dr. Taban almost with no hope, he treated my eye. The eye spasms disappeared with no mark on my face. I thank him and the nice people that working with him for changing my life.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2019

Experience: Dr. Taban and staff is the best of the best! They don’t cut corners at this facility. Everyone is super thorough, kind, and detailed. There is such a warm and welcoming energy with this staff that helped put me at ease before undergoing this surgery. Even the anesthesiologist and nurse went above and beyond to make sure I felt great. It doesn’t get more elite than this. Worth every penny I spent and this surgery completely changed my life and made me so much more confident. I am forever grateful for Dr. Taban and his staff. Procedure: I got Orbital Decompression, Almond eye, Under eye implant, and upper eyelid filler. At a young age I developed bulging eyes and I became very self conscious with the way it altered my face. I took in inspiration photos to show Dr. Taban the “look” I was going for and he suggested what all procedures I needed to do to achieve that look, but was also realistic with me and my anatomy. Not only did he give me the look I wanted, he exceeded my expectations. Pricing: I spent around 20k. I paid full price and this is not promotional. This is an honest review. Whatever you do don’t settle for any doctor for being “cheaper”. The eyes are such a delicate area and Dr. Taban is really the only person I would trust. There is such an increased risk when working around that area. It put me at ease to know I was in such good hands because this is not a common surgery you hear about often.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2019

I had MAJOR CONCERN with the development of looking tired all the time, even with a good nights rest. I decided to research who I thought would be the best Blephroplasty Sx for me online. I narrowed it down to Dr. Taban because of the positive reviews. 5 weeks ago I underwent my Blephroplasty Procedure. I must say, I am overjoyed with the results of not having to be concerned with the tired look I used to have! Even my adult children said, "Mom! I see what the doctor did, he did a good job!" I have to agree. Not only does Dr. Taban have great bedside manners, his work ethics is outstanding! He replies to any questions or concerns in a timely manner. He checked on me a few hours after my procedure was performed after I left his office just to make sure I was ok. I will recommend Dr Taban to anyone who have concerns with their eyes. In particular as a mix breed of having African American blood in me as well, I recommend the African American race to give Dr. Taban a call. You wont be disappointed!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! It was a pleasure taking care of you. You did great with lower blepharoplasty. Thank you for your trust.

Submitted September 26, 2019

I had inherited bulging eyes and retracted lower eyelids and didn't feel comfortable with my the look of my eyes. I traveled a long way to see Dr. Taban as he is one of the top ocuplastic surgeons in the world and the one surgeon I felt I could trust with orbital decompression. Prior to surgery he was very helpful and responsive to all my questions and concerns. Both the surgery and recovery was a breeze. But most importantly the results were life changing and exceeded my expectations. in I am so happy I went through with the surgery and can't thank Dr. Taban enough!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2019

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy your travel from far to Los Angeles for bulging eye surgery was worth it. Thank you for your trust.

Submitted September 26, 2019

I have been struggling with a severe case of Blepharitis with styes and chalazia as complications. My case was so bad that I have sought out and have been referred to seven ophthalmologists in an attempt to get help. I had one chalazion near my tear duct for over eight months and no oculoplastic surgeon would remove it because of its location. Dr. Taban agreed that it would be complicated to remove, but he was confident that he could do it. His staff got me in the next day for the outpatient procedure and within 20 min. I was free from the large chalazion that had been present for almost a year. I have the utmost faith in Dr. Taban and am beyond grateful that I have found him! He also treated me with Botox and I am very happy with the results. It is very natural, yet erased the lines that were concerning to me, as well as lifted the outer corner of my eyebrows, which has opened up my eyes. I am getting filler next week and am looking forward to it! Super pleased!! Adina

flag | Submitted August 15, 2019

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback. Eyelid stye and chalazion can go away on their own but some are more complex and persist and need removal. I am glad I could help you with eyelid chalazion treatment. Thank you for your trust.

Submitted August 16, 2019

Dr. Taban removed my under eye bags on 1/17/19. Both the surgery and recovery were easy and painless. I would recommend Dr. Taban to anyone, he is a kind and skilled surgeon. When it's time to get my upper eyelids done, I will most definitely return to Dr. Taban.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2019

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback. You did amazing with lower blepharoplasty. I am happy I could help you. Thank you for your trust.

Submitted August 16, 2019

Dr Taban is a true gem . Very pleasant and professional .The staff the environment very professional very welcoming..thank you guys God bless all of you

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback and kind words. We all appreciate it.

Submitted August 16, 2019

I could not be more grateful that I went to Doctor Taban for my eyelid surgery. Before seeing Doctor Taban, I had seen three plastic surgeons about a mild, yet unsightly, bulge above my eyelids. All three of the previous doctors told me that I had excess fat and/or skin and that I basically needed a blepharoplasty - the most common cosmetic eyelid surgery. My husband, who knew of Doctor Taban, insisted that I see him before we made our decision about my eyes... and thank goodness I did! Unbeknownst to me, the bulge above my eyelids was not excess fat or skin at all! It was “prolapsed lacrimal glands” - meaning it was my tear ducts that were pushed out too far. Doctor Taban needed to simply cut open my eyelids and push my lacrimal glads (my tear ducts) back further into my eye socket (where they should be). My surgery went perfectly. The only part that was painful, was at the beginning when shots were applied around my eyes for numbing. Other than that, the entire procedure was painless as was the recovery as well. Now, I am completely happy with my results and am entirely grateful that I went to Doctor Taban. Seeing a very particular specialist, and someone who is the best in their field, is worth it a million times over. -Juliet Simani

flag | Submitted April 16, 2019

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you Juliet for your feedback! You have a pleasure to treat. Thank you for your trust. I am glad I could help you.

Submitted April 20, 2019

Dr. Taban is amazing and one of the best plastic surgeons there is. I came to him for a lower eye blepharoplasty revision after another surgeon completely ruined my eyes. I was devastated and could not go anywhere without wearing a hat or sunglasses or feeling completely insecure. It affected my social and work life and after waiting the time period to be eligible for a revision I went to another oculoplastic surgeon in Beverly Hills that was highly recommended for this type of surgery for a consultation and he was not comfortable with performing on my eyes due to the method/approach that was used by the original surgeon. He then referred me out to Dr. Taban which at that point I was extremely apprehensive, skeptical and concerned that anyone could help me after being turned away by the other oculoplastic surgeon in Beverly Hills who had high ratings. When I met with Dr. Taban I addressed my issues and concerns and had many questions to which he calmly and confidently was able to answer and alleviate any worries I had. I ended up moving forward with the revision with Dr. Taban and I am so happy that I did because I finally feel normal and like myself again. I would like to acknowledge Dr. Taban for his professionalism, skills, expertise and knowledge and care prior to the surgery and after. He is quick to respond, actually answers his emails unlike other plastic surgeons and even gives out his cell number in case the patient has any questions post op. He personally reaches out immediately following the procedure to make sure everything is ok and you can see that he genuinely cares about his patients. I wish I would have known about Dr. Taban to go to him in the first place. He also removed a chalazion I had and everything was done in office without any anesthesia. The results from both procedures were immediate and I was pretty much looking normal after 1-1.5 weeks. Thank you so much to Dr. Taban and his staff for helping me!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2019

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! I am happy I could help you with revision lower blepharoplasty. You were a pleasure to treat. Thank you for your trust!

Submitted March 30, 2019

Dr. Taban was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, and clear with every step of the treatment and process. I would recommend if you are to have your eyes operated on you look no further. In addition to his knowledge his delivery of the operation is incredibly soft and painless for something that I imagined would be very painful. Thank you Dr. Taban for everything!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2019

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad I could help you. And correct, eyelid surgery is not as painful as someone would think when done properly.

Submitted February 25, 2019

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mehryar Ray Taban, MD is an oculoplastic surgeon, specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic eye plastic surgery (eyelid, orbit, lacrimal). He is an assistant clinical professor at UCLA. He has offices in greater Los Angeles area, specifically Beverly Hills and Santa Barbara.

• Persian
  • English

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

• Bags under eyes