Ratings for Dr. Mehryar R. Taban

I was referred to Dr. Taban for the treatment of Ptosis. Every step in the process—initial consultation, scheduling, surgery, prescriptions, follow-up—was handled professionally, courteously, and efficiently by Dr. Taban and his staff. The procedure itself was performed under local anesthesia at the Beverly Hills office. It was a relatively quick procedure. The recovery was uneventful and without any complications. The results were great. I had a what I considered to be a significant ptosis and that was 100% corrected. I was thoroughly prepared by staff for what to expect both pre-op and post-op. I am a medical professional and have high expectations and they were all met—no surprises. I would highly recommend anyone in need of oculoplastic surgical care to contact Dr. Taban.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy I could help you with droopy eyelid ptosis correction. You were a pleasure to treat.

Submitted June 27, 2018

Dr Taban was great! He answered all my questions and concerns regarding my possible results. I researched his personal website before getting a consult. Then I decided to make my consultation appointment for my surgery date. The staff were friendly and helpful at both the Santa Barbara and Beverly Hills locations. I got my eye bags removed and I'm glad I did! I don't wear so much makeup anymore and the results look natural without any signs of surgery. I healed in about 8 days and was back to work. Again, I'm glad I did it! Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! I am glad your trip from San Jose to Beverly Hills for lower blepharoplasty was worth it. You were a pleasure.

Submitted June 23, 2018

Dr.Taban is the most compassionate and kind Doctor I have ever meet. I went to see him for help with my terrible under eye bags. I got filler, but he recommended lower blepharoplasty. I was excited that the surgery would actually fix my issue! I've been seeing other doctors and dermatologists for years, and no one could help me fix my under eye bags! I underwent surgery, and couldn't be happier with my results! Dr. Taban called me the night after my surgery to make sure I was doing ok! Amazing doctor!!!! My results are amazing, and it's truly life changing for me. I am so grateful, and can't recommend Dr. Taban enough. If you have eye issues, he's the only doctor to visit.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! You are beautiful inside and out and I'm glad I could help you.

Submitted May 5, 2018

Dr. Taban was recommended to me to treat my eyelid spasms by an optometrist friend of mine who said Dr. Taban was the only doctor he'd use for himself or his family. I have found Dr. Taban to be a great listener who takes as much time as necessary to treat my blepharospasm, and he is always positive in his interactions with me. He somehow uses just the right amount of Botox to alleviate the symptoms without the dreaded eyelid droop which I had feared. Appointments are always easy to make, his office staff is friendly and I never have had to wait long for my appointment.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback. It is always a pleasure to help you with eyelid spasms, twitches.

Submitted February 27, 2018

Dr. Taban is extraordinarily skillful and I can't imagine my two complex eyelid cancer surgeries being performed by any other surgeon. Losing 2/3 of a lower eyelid (twice) is frightening and to have my friends not able to tell that I had surgery is amazing. His calm confidence and compassion make Dr. Taban the only choice for your oculoplastic surgical needs no matter where you may live!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy I could help you with lower eyelid skin cancer surgery.

Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr Taban is a compassionate, professional, and kind man. I had work done on my eyes. He carefully and patiently explained the procedure to me, and did so again the day of surgery. Each time he asked if I had any questions. He did and excellent job, and I cannot be more pleased with the results. I have lived in Santa Bar bar for 49 years, and we all get to know the best doctor in each category (and the worst). He is know as 'they guy' for oculoplastic/facial surgery. Thank you Dr Taban !!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! Appreciate the sentiment. You were a pleasure to help with eyelid surgery.

Submitted January 20, 2018

Dr. Taban changed my life forever and that's not my making me look young because I am actually very young 33 however I have suffered from droopy upper eyelids for the past 4/5 years. I often get asked if I dont get enough sleep! I always looked tired and was starting to look ill, I would wake up with tired looking eyes. Dr. Taban changed the look of my droopy upper lids with Boletero filler injections, I had mild swelling for about 2 weeks, when all that subsided, I looked better than when I was 25. Friends and family were amazed by the way i looked but couldnt not pinpoint what I had done to my face. I thank Gd everyday for the work of Dr. Taban, he himself expressed that I was one of his best candidates for upper lid injections. My photos can be found on his website. I in general am very cautious when it comes to filler injections and specially when it has to do with the eye, Dr. Taban knows the eye and how he can help you achieve the look. Over the months, I've referred many family and friends to him and they too have experienced the same results. ptosis no longer an issue in my family :)

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! It has been a pleasure taking care of you and your family and friends.

Submitted January 18, 2018

Amazing experience from my consultation to post surgery. I am extremely happy with my results. I had a brow lift and eyelid surgery. I feel much more confident. Dr. Taban is extremely talented the process couldn't have been easier.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy for your eyelid surgery.

Submitted January 11, 2018

After much research into which surgeon to trust for a revision lower blepharaplasty, I selected Dr. Mehryar Taban. My daughter, Kim Kessler, who owns her own PR company located in Los Angeles and has seen many eye surgery results, helped in my selection. Dr. Taban does fat repositioning, which provides a natural smooth result. I am beyond happy with the results that Dr. Taban was able to create. His skill, professionalism, and responsiveness are truly admirable.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! You did amazing with your revision lower blepharoplasty. It was a pleasure working with you and your daughter.

Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr Taban is an excellent cosmetic surgeon. Very professional and knowledgeable. He is very skilled at what he does and I cannot be happier with the outcome of my upper/lower eyelid and eyebag removal surgery. I highly recommend Dr Taban

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! You did excellent with cosmetic eyelid surgery. It was a pleasure.

Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mehryar Ray Taban, MD is an oculoplastic surgeon, specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic eye plastic surgery (eyelid, orbit, lacrimal). He is an assistant clinical professor at UCLA. He has offices in greater Los Angeles area, specifically Beverly Hills and Santa Barbara.

• Persian
  • English

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

• Bags under eyes