Ratings for Dr. Mehryar R. Taban

Dr. Taban performed surgery on me, specifically orbital decompression. I've had bulgy eyes genetically since a child and my right eye is worse due to my vision. I had difficulty closing my eyes and had bad dry eyes and couldn't comfortably wear contacts when needed. Being in Dr. Taban's care was a breeze. He's very professional, calm, and informative and will answer all your questions. I've never found another doctor as experienced as him and who specializes in such rare surgeries. I also specifically chose him as my doctor due to his social impact work, I believe a person who cares for disadvantaged communities puts extra care in their patient's surgery and recovery process. I healed perfectly and have had no complications from such a major surgery. He really wants the best for his patients. I also received a filler from him to help with the hollowness of my upper eyelids and couldn't be happier with all his results. I 100% trust his intuition and couldn't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

I flew from Toronto to Los angeles to have lower eyelid surgery due to excess dark circles and bulging fat! Well what can i say? I had a smooth journey! The results turned out excellent with no complications and no pain! Dr Taban operates fast, the surgery was done in 45 minutes! No pain after! I worried a lot for nothing! After 5 days most swelling is gone and at 7 dayd wen the stitches came out i was presentable! Not on person could notice at this time i had surgery! Anyone who is worried about the recovry process being lengthy needs to stop worrying as its a simple recovery! My results keep improving over the last 2 months! Its been 2 months since the surgery and im happy with the results! I still look like myself, and i do not look tird anymore! It feels good to look in the mirror now! Dr Taban did excatly what i asked him to do! My request were that i did not want my eyelid shape changed at all and i wanted to still look like myself but not tired and refreshed! I got excatly what i asked! Supe great doctor and a nice guy! I recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! Thank you for your trust. You did great with lower blepharoplasty. I am glad your trip from Toronto to Beverly Hills CA was worth it.

Submitted November 5, 2018

I cannot thank Dr.Taban enough for his care and expertise during surgery! I am extremely pleased with the results. Thanks again!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy for you as well.

Submitted November 5, 2018

I recently had Orbital Decompression Surgery and couldn’t be more happy with the results. So thankful to find Dr. Taban after the wrong procedure was previously performed by a Plastic Surgeon in my area.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy I could help you with revision eye plastic surgery. Thank you for your trust.

Submitted September 6, 2018

Wonderful Surgeon. He repaired my face by preforming an orbital reconstruction surgery with a floor implant and did a seamless job. He was available to answer all the questions I had along the way and really listened to me which made the surgery a smooth process. I'm thrilled with the outcome and am so glad I went to Dr. Taban.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! You were a pleasure to treat. Happy for you.

Submitted August 4, 2018

Aside from the fact that we are talking about eye surgery, which is never pleasant, my experience with Dr. Taban was very rewarding. I previously had procedures that involved fat injections and also injectable fillers and did that for several years. These deposits, added to the changes consistent with aging, resulted in an uneven and lumpy appearance of my lower eyelids, which always gave me a somewhat tired, underslept look. Dr Taban was able to change that. Using the incisions on the outside of the eyelids, right along the eyelash line, and in order to be able to remove some loose skin from there, he was able to access the fat deposits and reposition them lower, which resulted in fuller and smoother eyelid appearance. Call it eyelid sculpting, or molding, he is very good at it! Light touch, angelic hands, I am very thankful to be the recipient of his talent, skills and successful communication efforts and am sure that I will see him again.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! I am happy for you. Revision eyelid surgery is always difficult and you did great. It was a pleasure treating you.

Submitted July 29, 2018

It’s only been a couple of months since I had my eyelid surgery, and it looks like I never had a droopy eyelid to begin with!! Thank you Dr. Taban for your amazing work! I was so self-conscious before I came into your office and now my eyes are symmetrical! There isn’t even one sign of surgery! No scars even! I’m so incredibly happy with the results!!!! I highly recommend Dr. Taban! HANDS DOWN!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy I could help you with droopy eyelid ptosis surgery. You were a pleasure.

Submitted July 29, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Taban for the treatment of Ptosis. Every step in the process—initial consultation, scheduling, surgery, prescriptions, follow-up—was handled professionally, courteously, and efficiently by Dr. Taban and his staff. The procedure itself was performed under local anesthesia at the Beverly Hills office. It was a relatively quick procedure. The recovery was uneventful and without any complications. The results were great. I had a what I considered to be a significant ptosis and that was 100% corrected. I was thoroughly prepared by staff for what to expect both pre-op and post-op. I am a medical professional and have high expectations and they were all met—no surprises. I would highly recommend anyone in need of oculoplastic surgical care to contact Dr. Taban.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy I could help you with droopy eyelid ptosis correction. You were a pleasure to treat.

Submitted June 27, 2018

Dr Taban was great! He answered all my questions and concerns regarding my possible results. I researched his personal website before getting a consult. Then I decided to make my consultation appointment for my surgery date. The staff were friendly and helpful at both the Santa Barbara and Beverly Hills locations. I got my eye bags removed and I'm glad I did! I don't wear so much makeup anymore and the results look natural without any signs of surgery. I healed in about 8 days and was back to work. Again, I'm glad I did it! Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! I am glad your trip from San Jose to Beverly Hills for lower blepharoplasty was worth it. You were a pleasure.

Submitted June 23, 2018

Dr.Taban is the most compassionate and kind Doctor I have ever meet. I went to see him for help with my terrible under eye bags. I got filler, but he recommended lower blepharoplasty. I was excited that the surgery would actually fix my issue! I've been seeing other doctors and dermatologists for years, and no one could help me fix my under eye bags! I underwent surgery, and couldn't be happier with my results! Dr. Taban called me the night after my surgery to make sure I was doing ok! Amazing doctor!!!! My results are amazing, and it's truly life changing for me. I am so grateful, and can't recommend Dr. Taban enough. If you have eye issues, he's the only doctor to visit.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! You are beautiful inside and out and I'm glad I could help you.

Submitted May 5, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mehryar Ray Taban, MD is an oculoplastic surgeon, specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic eye plastic surgery (eyelid, orbit, lacrimal). He is an assistant clinical professor at UCLA. He has offices in greater Los Angeles area, specifically Beverly Hills and Santa Barbara.

• Persian
  • English

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

• Bags under eyes