Ratings for Dr. Mehryar R. Taban

I recently had Orbital Decompression Surgery and couldn’t be more happy with the results. So thankful to find Dr. Taban after the wrong procedure was previously performed by a Plastic Surgeon in my area.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy I could help you with revision eye plastic surgery. Thank you for your trust.

Submitted September 6, 2018

Wonderful Surgeon. He repaired my face by preforming an orbital reconstruction surgery with a floor implant and did a seamless job. He was available to answer all the questions I had along the way and really listened to me which made the surgery a smooth process. I'm thrilled with the outcome and am so glad I went to Dr. Taban.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! You were a pleasure to treat. Happy for you.

Submitted August 4, 2018

Aside from the fact that we are talking about eye surgery, which is never pleasant, my experience with Dr. Taban was very rewarding. I previously had procedures that involved fat injections and also injectable fillers and did that for several years. These deposits, added to the changes consistent with aging, resulted in an uneven and lumpy appearance of my lower eyelids, which always gave me a somewhat tired, underslept look. Dr Taban was able to change that. Using the incisions on the outside of the eyelids, right along the eyelash line, and in order to be able to remove some loose skin from there, he was able to access the fat deposits and reposition them lower, which resulted in fuller and smoother eyelid appearance. Call it eyelid sculpting, or molding, he is very good at it! Light touch, angelic hands, I am very thankful to be the recipient of his talent, skills and successful communication efforts and am sure that I will see him again.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! I am happy for you. Revision eyelid surgery is always difficult and you did great. It was a pleasure treating you.

Submitted July 29, 2018

It’s only been a couple of months since I had my eyelid surgery, and it looks like I never had a droopy eyelid to begin with!! Thank you Dr. Taban for your amazing work! I was so self-conscious before I came into your office and now my eyes are symmetrical! There isn’t even one sign of surgery! No scars even! I’m so incredibly happy with the results!!!! I highly recommend Dr. Taban! HANDS DOWN!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy I could help you with droopy eyelid ptosis surgery. You were a pleasure.

Submitted July 29, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Taban for the treatment of Ptosis. Every step in the process—initial consultation, scheduling, surgery, prescriptions, follow-up—was handled professionally, courteously, and efficiently by Dr. Taban and his staff. The procedure itself was performed under local anesthesia at the Beverly Hills office. It was a relatively quick procedure. The recovery was uneventful and without any complications. The results were great. I had a what I considered to be a significant ptosis and that was 100% corrected. I was thoroughly prepared by staff for what to expect both pre-op and post-op. I am a medical professional and have high expectations and they were all met—no surprises. I would highly recommend anyone in need of oculoplastic surgical care to contact Dr. Taban.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy I could help you with droopy eyelid ptosis correction. You were a pleasure to treat.

Submitted June 27, 2018

Dr Taban was great! He answered all my questions and concerns regarding my possible results. I researched his personal website before getting a consult. Then I decided to make my consultation appointment for my surgery date. The staff were friendly and helpful at both the Santa Barbara and Beverly Hills locations. I got my eye bags removed and I'm glad I did! I don't wear so much makeup anymore and the results look natural without any signs of surgery. I healed in about 8 days and was back to work. Again, I'm glad I did it! Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! I am glad your trip from San Jose to Beverly Hills for lower blepharoplasty was worth it. You were a pleasure.

Submitted June 23, 2018

Dr.Taban is the most compassionate and kind Doctor I have ever meet. I went to see him for help with my terrible under eye bags. I got filler, but he recommended lower blepharoplasty. I was excited that the surgery would actually fix my issue! I've been seeing other doctors and dermatologists for years, and no one could help me fix my under eye bags! I underwent surgery, and couldn't be happier with my results! Dr. Taban called me the night after my surgery to make sure I was doing ok! Amazing doctor!!!! My results are amazing, and it's truly life changing for me. I am so grateful, and can't recommend Dr. Taban enough. If you have eye issues, he's the only doctor to visit.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! You are beautiful inside and out and I'm glad I could help you.

Submitted May 5, 2018

Dr. Taban was recommended to me to treat my eyelid spasms by an optometrist friend of mine who said Dr. Taban was the only doctor he'd use for himself or his family. I have found Dr. Taban to be a great listener who takes as much time as necessary to treat my blepharospasm, and he is always positive in his interactions with me. He somehow uses just the right amount of Botox to alleviate the symptoms without the dreaded eyelid droop which I had feared. Appointments are always easy to make, his office staff is friendly and I never have had to wait long for my appointment.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback. It is always a pleasure to help you with eyelid spasms, twitches.

Submitted February 27, 2018

Dr. Taban is extraordinarily skillful and I can't imagine my two complex eyelid cancer surgeries being performed by any other surgeon. Losing 2/3 of a lower eyelid (twice) is frightening and to have my friends not able to tell that I had surgery is amazing. His calm confidence and compassion make Dr. Taban the only choice for your oculoplastic surgical needs no matter where you may live!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy I could help you with lower eyelid skin cancer surgery.

Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr Taban is a compassionate, professional, and kind man. I had work done on my eyes. He carefully and patiently explained the procedure to me, and did so again the day of surgery. Each time he asked if I had any questions. He did and excellent job, and I cannot be more pleased with the results. I have lived in Santa Bar bar for 49 years, and we all get to know the best doctor in each category (and the worst). He is know as 'they guy' for oculoplastic/facial surgery. Thank you Dr Taban !!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! Appreciate the sentiment. You were a pleasure to help with eyelid surgery.

Submitted January 20, 2018

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mehryar Ray Taban, MD is an oculoplastic surgeon, specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic eye plastic surgery (eyelid, orbit, lacrimal). He is an assistant clinical professor at UCLA. He has offices in greater Los Angeles area, specifically Beverly Hills and Santa Barbara.

• Persian
  • English

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

• Bags under eyes