Ratings for Dr. Mehryar R. Taban

Words cannot explain how much my life has changed since the life changing procedure/surgery. I had orbital decompression, lower eyelid retraction, and orbital rim tear trough implants. I've been wanting to do this surgery for a long time and I've spent a great deal of time doing extensive research into this surgical procedure. After the consultation with Dr. Taban, I finally felt I found someone who I trusted to do the orbital decompression. He was thorough in explaining the process and exceeded my expectations with the outcome of the procedure. The results after surgery and recovery show how much pride he takes into consideration in making sure the patient is pleased with the results. Dr. Taban and his staff were helpful, caring, and supporting throughout the entire process from pre-surgery preparations to post surgery recovery and follow ups. We only get one pair of eyes and I trusted Dr. Taban with my procedure and the results have changed my life physically and emotionally. Thank you, Dr.Taban.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy for you. I am glad I could help you restore your beautiful eye shape and function after Graves thyroid eye disease.

Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr Taban was able to repair my retracted lower eyelids after several botched attempts by a previous surgeon to give me a midface lift/canthoplasty. He was very open and up front about what he felt he could do for me and he over delivered. My sclera show is gone as are the irregularities at the outer corners of my eyes and I'm able to recognize myself in the mirror again. DR Taban was a real gentleman throughout the whole process. Scheduling a consultation was easy but more importantly He's an occulaplastic specialist that comes with excellent credentials and a lot of experience with lower lid retraction repair.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy for you and glad I could help restore your eye shape and function with revision lower eyelid surgery after previous lower blepharoplasty.

Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr Taban is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his practice. During my first consultation and throughout the entire process he has been prompt and precise in answering all my questions . The procedure was painless and with a quick recovery. The results are absolutely flawless and natural.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! You were a great patient . Glad I could help you.

Submitted August 20, 2017

Significant eyelid hollowness resulting from brow lift (different surgeon) fixed by Dr. Ray Taban. Flew into LAX to see him and worth it. Only see specialists for eyelids.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad your trip from Seattle to Beverly Hills for eyelid filler injection was worth it.

Submitted August 20, 2017

I had sunken right eye (called enophthalmos) from right orbital fracture resultant from sinus surgery. My eye was sunken and fallen below the other eye into the maxillary sinus. I was referred to Dr. Taban by another physician as he is known for complex orbital surgery. He evaluated my eye and CT scan and recommended orbital implant to reconstruct the orbital walls. The surgery was performed successfully using hidden inside eyelid incision. I healed very quickly. Immediately I noticed improvement of eyeball position back to normal. It has been over 2 years from the surgery and my surgery result has lasted. I have normal eye function and appearance. I truly thank Dr. Taban for his amazing work as he has changed my life. If you have any problems with your eye socket or orbit, go see Dr. Taban."

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy I could help you with your complex orbit sunken eye problem.

Submitted August 2, 2017

After having a car accident back in 2010 mi sinuses were not draining as before and lower eyelid bags started to appear. This started to be a problem on my profesional career and I was lucky enough to find Dr. Taban, who gave me the confidence to proceed with a lower blepharoplasty. I recommend Dr. Taban to anyone considering any type of eye procedure. His professionalism was something that caught my eye since the first day, and I would like to thank the doctor and all his staff for everything they did since the first day we met. It was a great experience and I couldn't be happier with my results.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad I could help you with lower blepharoplasty.

Submitted July 12, 2017

I want to say a Big Thank You to Dr. Taban for his job, he just made a magical performance on my eyes! My eyes every day getting better and better, they never were that much beautiful like now!!! I am so happy, I really was so skeptical but Dr. Taban is really a very professional, magical doctor! Wish you a very long time doing your magical job!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! It was a pleasure helping you.

Submitted July 6, 2017

Very professional, excellent knowledge of oculoplastic surgery. He performed a surgical procedure on my eyelid without a trace of any scar, explained thoroughly the procedure. Kind, sympathetic, gentle, and humble.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! You are a great patient. and made things easy.

Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Ray Taban is literally a miracle worker. Let me preface this review by saying I have extensive knowledge of soft tissue surgery and oral/maxillofacial surgery. I understand the procedures to a moderate extent and the aesthetic relations of features on the face (along with their 3-dimensional projections). I know of many occuloplastic surgeons, maxillofacial surgeons, implant specialists, craniofacial surgeons, and so on. When it comes to the periorbital region (everything around the eyes) he IS the best in the world. I started off with mild sclera show, projection of the eyeball outside of the eye socket ('bug eyes'), the sulcus of of the eye being heavily exposed, a negative canthal tilt on one eye, moderately recessed infraorbital rims, and an outer lower eyelid that dropped down too much. The shape of my eye was dysthetic and the sweeping effect (the way the upper eyelid margin, sulcus, and canthus sweep around the eyeball giving that sexy' sharp look) was non-existent. What Taban did was unbelievable. Through canthoplasty, tear trough implants (on the orbital rim), lower lid retraction, orbital decompression, and slight lowering of the upper eyelid (on the left eye), I now have hooded eyes (I am male; this was intended), a extreme sweeping effect, a high lateral canthus position, and a lower lid so high that it likely won't descend for decades (and it looks great as well) Once again, he has performed beyond expectation, and once again a patient doesn't want to show the pictures. I look so amazing I do not want anyone to know this was the result of surgery. I can live my life in bliss. People stop me in the streets on a *daily* basis to tell me I have beautiful eyes (people will go even further but I won't comment on that). I can only express immense gratitude. The pictures on his website are not his best work. There are many patients out there that (for a variety of reasons, including shock at such an amazing result) want it kept private. I am one of them. You'll never know of my result, but it's better than anything I've ever seen online. I told him he better go hard, and he did, and in the right way. I look completely natural, and my eye shape is ideal (and this is coming from me, an aesthetician who knows more about this stuff than most people). So please, don't let his humbleness distract you from his work. He's in Beverly Hills, where everyone is promoting themselves as the best on Earth. If you really want to see the best, ignore the hype, pay the consultation fee, and see this man. Everyone I know is doing so after having seen my result.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate it. I am very happy for your surgical outcome and you.

Submitted April 8, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Taban in December 2015 by my Optometrist. At that time I was 1 year post lower blepharoplasty surgery which resulted in severe lower lid retraction. By the time I was referred to Dr. Taban, I was feeling helpless and hopeless because I had spent an entire year of my life massaging and taping my lower eyelids in hopes of preventing the need for a second surgery a canthopexy which my original surgeon stated was the only other option to correct my retraction since the taping and massaging did not provide satisfactory results for me. I also scheduled consultations with two other top Occuloplastic surgeons, one in Beverly Hills and the other at UCLA. I was very impressed by Dr. Taban’s education, training and experience prior to meeting him. When I met with Dr. Taban for my first consultation I found him to be empathetic, warm and very knowledgeable. He immediately verbalized what I was thinking with regard to my lid retraction position which was not only extremely gratifying but a wonderful relief that finally someone else, not my friend, mom or husband, but an experienced surgeon sees what I see, after an entire year of my surgeon telling me that I look great! I felt so relieved leaving Dr. Taban’s office because he provided a solution to this retraction nightmare. I then met with the other two surgeons who told me that Restylane Injections were the best option for me and that I would most likely not be happy with the results of a canthoplasty or other reconstructive surgery. All three surgeons stated that a canthopexy would not be a good option due to my weak lower lid support and that the lids would retract back down within a couple of months post surgery. Because I was so afraid of a second surgery I decided to try the less invasive Restylane injections. I chose the surgeon whose nurse showed me a photo of a woman who had severe retraction (worse than mine) in one eye which was corrected with a few treatments of Restylane. I was very excited after seeing the photo because it meant that I wouldn't have to undergo a second surgery. I had 3 appointments for Restylane through to the summer of 2016 which improved the appearance of the retraction but still left me with moderately retracted lids as seen in my before photo. At that point I decided to reach out to Dr. Taban to ask if he would administer Restylane injections to see if the lower lid would move up further. Dr. Taban re-iterated that the Restylane can only do so much and that the best long term option was surgery and he was absolutely correct. I had wasted 7 months and spent almost $3,000 in hopes that the Restylane would eventually correct the retraction. When I met with Dr. Taban, he again took his time explaining all of my surgical options and patiently answered all of my questions and concerns during and after my appointments. I scheduled my surgery for December 2016. I am now 3 months post op and am still in awe of what Dr. Taban achieved. I was nervous through the healing process but he and his office staff reassured me that healing takes time and there were right. A few weeks after surgery even though the swelling wasn’t completely gone, I was feeling normal again. During the past 2 years I wore eyeglasses and sunglasses to hide my eyes. The last 2 months have been the first time in 2 years where I not only felt comfortable but confident with the appearance of my eyes and haven’t worn my eyeglasses unless I needed them. I can’t say enough about Dr. Taban’s skill. He truly is an artist and I feel so lucky to have been referred to him. I never imagined that my surgery would not only have corrected my retraction but that it would look so natural! I am so lucky and eternally thankful to Dr. Taban. I feel like I have my life back! I would recommend anyone interested in any procedure for their eye’s to Dr. Taban. He’s not only an empathetic human being, and excellent communicator, he is an exceptional surgeon!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's response
Thank you for your personal feedback! I am glad I could help restore your beautiful eyes and regain confidence.

Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr. Mehryar R. Taban's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mehryar Ray Taban, MD is an oculoplastic surgeon, specializing in reconstructive and cosmetic eye plastic surgery (eyelid, orbit, lacrimal). He is an assistant clinical professor at UCLA. He has offices in greater Los Angeles area, specifically Beverly Hills and Santa Barbara.

• Persian
  • English

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

• Bags under eyes