Ratings for Dr. Julio A. Clavijo-Alvarez

dr julio is truly a doctor who is more concern with his patients then his wallet. he is ethical and would never do a procedure to you if he feels its not worth the risk. hight skilled, talented and aesthetically knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Dr clavito is the nicest most caring dr . I had consults with all 4 area PS and hands down dr clavito is the best. His staff are friendly he's on time and didn't rush my consult you can tell his concern is about the client and not the money. I had other consults from area doctors and had to wait well over an hour at 7pm to be seen! So nice to see this office ran so efficient for my time is valuable too. Not only is he nice but very funny. In the end all these factors made my decision to have him do my facelift and I couldn't be happier. Very natural, I look 15 years younger.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

dr avlarez is very caring and gentle, he explains everything in detail and puts his hands on your face to show you where the pull would be if getting a face lift. i would highly trust him. seen alot of doctors in greensburg and its great to see he is and should be number 1

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

dr J is THE best doctor around. he is caring and very funny. i had a very large cyst removed from my eye, i explained everything he was doing and the injection was not even felt for he is very gentile he said my eye would bruised but it didnt. cant even see the scar from the stitch he had to give me. no doubt he is the best

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Julio is amazing! His staff is amazing! If you're looking for a plastic surgeon, look no further. You will be extremely satisfied!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

When I had a ruptured saline implant, I contacted Dr.Clavijo because of his highest rating on healthgrades.com, which doesn't come close to describing what a wonderful person and excellent surgeon he truly is. Upon meeting him, he was professional and explained the options for replacing saline implants versus gel and made recommendations according to my body size and shape. When using medical terms, he used "layman's" terms and made sure I understood and felt comfortable. Any further questions I had afterward, he responded immediately through email and phone contact. I immediately knew Dr. Clavijo would be the perfect surgeon for my breast augmentation. He set up the surgery and worked with my implant company to cover my surgery and replace my implants through the insurance I initially purchased through the implant company, Mentor. On the day of surgery, I told him I was nervous and he touched my hand and assured me that everything would be fine. After surgery, he met with me and explained that he injected extra novacaine inside my breastes to minimize my pain and then recommended a pain medication regimen that worked perfectly. I had no pain for three days and have not needed pain medication since. The night after my surgery and the next day, Dr. Clavijo called me to check up on me. A few days later, I met with him for my post-op check up, and again he made sure I was okay and offered suggestions to maintain my breast shape (massage, sports bra, etc.). As you can see, I have nothing but praise for Dr. Clavijo. He is amazing, kind, funny, professional, and a top expert in his field. I will go to him for all my future plastic surgery needs.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I was very nervous about breast augmentation but dr. Clavijo made me comfortable from the minute I met him. Even personally called the night of surgery to check on me. I don't regret it for a minute. Best decision of a plastic surgeon I could have made! He is amazing and the most caring doctor I have ever met!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

I was self conscious of my nose and slightly nervous to consider rhinoplasty. However, deciding to have a consultation with Dr. Clavijo was one of the best decisions of my life. Within minutes of meeting him, I knew the procedure was right for me and I couldn't possibly find a better doctor. From the beginning he has said he does not want to change me, just enhance my appearance. It is rare to find someone who genuinely loves their job and for a doctor to care so much for his patients. As he said, "I consider all of my patients to be a part of my family." Following the surgery, I sent a text with a picture and questions. He immediately called and found time to meet with me the following work day. I cannot thank him enough for the work he has done and the kindness he has shown. I can now confidently say that my nose is one of my best features. Needless to say, I am thrilled with the results.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

When I went for my consultation I was shown a power point on the procedure and every single possible outcome from the surgery. Then Dr. Claijo- Alvarez came in to discuss the procedure further and to answer any questions that I might have. He had me come back for an additional visit before the procedure to show me actual pictures of what the outcome of the surgery would be. He had almost a 15 page packet on just my face, explaining every detail of what he would be doing in surgery and why. On surgery day the staff made sure that I was comfortable. When I went home that day he called me to see how I was doing. When I went back for my first post op visit, the results were awesome. I got exactly what I wanted. My results were so close to what he had shown me before the procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Clavijo- Alvarez to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Clavijo and staff are awesome. Dr. Clavijo is a skilled and knowledgeable surgeon with genuine compassion for his patients. During the consult, Dr. Clavijo clearly explains the procedure and medical issues. The follow up care is just as thorough. The surgical results exceeded my highest expectations. Dr. Clavijo and Aestique Medical Center provide excellent medical care.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Julio A. Clavijo-Alvarez's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Pittsburgh ‘s Best Reviewed Plastic Surgeon Becoming one of Pittsburgh‘s best-reviewed plastic surgeons did not happen overnight. Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez was born in Colombia (South America). After finishing medical school at the Military University (1995), he practiced as a PCP on a navy base in one of the jungles of his country. He participated with multiple military missions helping people in surrounding under-served areas. Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez left his country in 1998, and went to Spain for 3 years. After finishing his PhD at the “Universidad Autonoma de Madrid”, he decided to experience the “American Dream”. He came to the U.S. and completed an English course for 4 months. With determination, he began a job doing research at Harvard University in the department of “Trauma and Critical Care”. One year later he moved to Pittsburgh and performed research with the Department of Surgery (2001), and later with the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh (2003). During these years, he applied advanced concepts in biotechnology and stem cells for regenerative medicine. In 2005, he started his training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh (one of the top three programs in the U.S. and second largest residency program in the country). In 2008, he took a sabbatical year and finished a Masters in Public Health (MPH). This was the link that allowed him to translate the complexity of stem cell research into the clinical arena. During his training, he has had the privilege to train under the supervision of world-renowned surgeons in cosmetic surgery, post-bariatric surgery, breast surgery, and craniofacial surgery. Pittsburgh ‘s Best Reviewed Plastic Surgeon After his graduation, Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez joined a prestigious plastic surgery group east of Pittsburgh. Since the very beginning it became clear that patient care was the key to make the difference in plastic and cosmetic surgery patient care. Multiple patients reflected their satisfaction by writing kind and detail reviews of their experience with Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez. By doing what he preaches, he became one of Pittsburgh ‘s Best reviewed plastic surgeon. Now, two years after his graduation, he founded ReNova Plastic Surgery Associates. This practice focuses on patient care as reflected in our mission statement: “DEVOTION TO YOUR CARE”.

• Spanish

• University of Pittsburgh (Grad. 2012)

• Tummy tuck
  • Breast augmentation
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Face-lift
  • Otoplasty
  • Breast reduction surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)
  • Migraine