Ratings for Dr. Julio A. Clavijo-Alvarez

dr J is THE best doctor around. he is caring and very funny. i had a very large cyst removed from my eye, i explained everything he was doing and the injection was not even felt for he is very gentile he said my eye would bruised but it didnt. cant even see the scar from the stitch he had to give me. no doubt he is the best

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Julio is amazing! His staff is amazing! If you're looking for a plastic surgeon, look no further. You will be extremely satisfied!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

When I had a ruptured saline implant, I contacted Dr.Clavijo because of his highest rating on healthgrades.com, which doesn't come close to describing what a wonderful person and excellent surgeon he truly is. Upon meeting him, he was professional and explained the options for replacing saline implants versus gel and made recommendations according to my body size and shape. When using medical terms, he used "layman's" terms and made sure I understood and felt comfortable. Any further questions I had afterward, he responded immediately through email and phone contact. I immediately knew Dr. Clavijo would be the perfect surgeon for my breast augmentation. He set up the surgery and worked with my implant company to cover my surgery and replace my implants through the insurance I initially purchased through the implant company, Mentor. On the day of surgery, I told him I was nervous and he touched my hand and assured me that everything would be fine. After surgery, he met with me and explained that he injected extra novacaine inside my breastes to minimize my pain and then recommended a pain medication regimen that worked perfectly. I had no pain for three days and have not needed pain medication since. The night after my surgery and the next day, Dr. Clavijo called me to check up on me. A few days later, I met with him for my post-op check up, and again he made sure I was okay and offered suggestions to maintain my breast shape (massage, sports bra, etc.). As you can see, I have nothing but praise for Dr. Clavijo. He is amazing, kind, funny, professional, and a top expert in his field. I will go to him for all my future plastic surgery needs.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I was very nervous about breast augmentation but dr. Clavijo made me comfortable from the minute I met him. Even personally called the night of surgery to check on me. I don't regret it for a minute. Best decision of a plastic surgeon I could have made! He is amazing and the most caring doctor I have ever met!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

I was self conscious of my nose and slightly nervous to consider rhinoplasty. However, deciding to have a consultation with Dr. Clavijo was one of the best decisions of my life. Within minutes of meeting him, I knew the procedure was right for me and I couldn't possibly find a better doctor. From the beginning he has said he does not want to change me, just enhance my appearance. It is rare to find someone who genuinely loves their job and for a doctor to care so much for his patients. As he said, "I consider all of my patients to be a part of my family." Following the surgery, I sent a text with a picture and questions. He immediately called and found time to meet with me the following work day. I cannot thank him enough for the work he has done and the kindness he has shown. I can now confidently say that my nose is one of my best features. Needless to say, I am thrilled with the results.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

When I went for my consultation I was shown a power point on the procedure and every single possible outcome from the surgery. Then Dr. Claijo- Alvarez came in to discuss the procedure further and to answer any questions that I might have. He had me come back for an additional visit before the procedure to show me actual pictures of what the outcome of the surgery would be. He had almost a 15 page packet on just my face, explaining every detail of what he would be doing in surgery and why. On surgery day the staff made sure that I was comfortable. When I went home that day he called me to see how I was doing. When I went back for my first post op visit, the results were awesome. I got exactly what I wanted. My results were so close to what he had shown me before the procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Clavijo- Alvarez to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Clavijo and staff are awesome. Dr. Clavijo is a skilled and knowledgeable surgeon with genuine compassion for his patients. During the consult, Dr. Clavijo clearly explains the procedure and medical issues. The follow up care is just as thorough. The surgical results exceeded my highest expectations. Dr. Clavijo and Aestique Medical Center provide excellent medical care.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

I recently had a consultation at Aestique Plastic Surgery & MediSpa with Dr. Clavijo for a tummy tuck and had a great experience! When I first got into the room I was able to watch a very informative video about the surgery. After it was finished, Dr. Clavijo came in and discussed everything with me in detail. Usually doctors are in such a rush to get you in and out, but he really took the time to sit down with me for a while and explained everything and answered all of my questions. I was scared and nervous to have my pictures taken to submit to my insurance company, but he made me feel comfortable and at ease. All of the staff were very kind and friendly and also made me feel very comfortable during my consultation. I decided to have the surgery there and feel very happy and confident with my decision. I HIGHLY recommend Aestique Plastic Surgery & MediSpa!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr Clavijo and the staff at Aestique. Dr Clavijo was very knowledgeable ...explained everything to me clearly and in great detail. None of my concerns were minimized and he went out of his way to reassure me. He has an awesome bedside manner that makes the experience very positive. The staff were just as personable and attuned to my needs. The calls from the nurse and Dr Clavijo after my surgery were greatly appreciated by both me and my family. My procedure went exactly as he said and I am thrilled with the results.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

I was diagnosed with a large Lipoma on my left breast by arecent visit to an Oncologist. The Oncologist felt it was best to see a Plastic Surgeon for removal of the Lipoma. That is when I introduced myself to the Asetique Plastic Surgery and Medispa. Upon calling the office and explaining my situation to the staff they matched me up with Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez. During my consultation I knew that Dr. Clavijo was going to be the Plastic Surgeon for me. My situation was very different and affected me very personally as this also caused a deformation of my breast that made me feel self conscious. Dr. Clavijo listened to me and cared about my feelings and goals I had wanted to achieve thru this surgery. He took the time, sat down with me and explained to me all the possibilities and options of my surgery so nothing was a surprise to me. Should anyone be considering Cosmetic Surgery for any reason I highly recommend Dr. Clavijo and Aestique for their surgical services.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

Dr. Julio A. Clavijo-Alvarez's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish

• University of Pittsburgh (Grad. 2012)

(General) Workers Compensation