Ratings for Dr. Anthony J. Kilbane

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone! He doesn't listen & He missed my Hashimoto's Disease & after having a scan by another doctor they found a goiter & nodules that need to be treated now & I'll forever need blood work every 2 months for the rest of my life! Very sad that I suffered for so long & thought I was seeing someone who could treat what was going on with me & that didn't happen. Very disappointing...,.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Kilbane did not listen at all to my parents' concerns. He double booked us, tried rushing us through our very first appointment, and did not explain our options for treating Graves' disease. My mother ended up in the ER for severe liver damage.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

I would agree with comments Dr. Kilbane is distracted, does not listen to patients and focuses on results. I saw him 3 times in 3 years. Each time, he touched my neck for 2 seconds, asked questions without looking at me or seeming to care about my answers, then says come back next year. in the meantime, my dr. and i rely on him to help with symptoms related to thyroid issues. His advice, get rid of your thyroid and take medication for the rest of your life or don't do anything...said just like that with no information or direction. He then sent a letter to my primary stating, patient will decide on what to do...How would I know what to do? I like his wife and staff...they were very personable. I would hope this doctor would realize his distant, unconcerned, vague and rushed bedside manner is not helpful to patients. His lack of information and expectations of patients knowing what he knows by osmosis i suppose is unrealistic.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr. Kilbane told me that I have Hashimoto's. Great, since I knew that for about 2 years before going to see him. My internist sent me to him after I complained adamantly about not doing well on my meds (synthroid). Since they are in the same building and system, neither of them wanted to say anything that the other didn't already say. He treats test results, not people. He does not listen when you tell him that regardless of what your TSH levels show that you still do not feel well. You would do much better to see an endo who will listen to you as well as see your test results and run ALL of the proper tests.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr. Kilbane was very rude and unapproachable. He did not listen to my concerns and overall I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

The staff is friendly, the wife is friendly, Dr Kilbane is rushed and doesn't listen. I asked specific questions and he answered with something that clearly showed that he wasn't paying attention to the question I asked. No compassion. Perhaps he and I just don't gel. I'm not willing to risk my health trying to make friends with him. I'll find another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

I really like Dr. Kilbane and his wife, Marie. I like the small office atmosphere, and Marie allows me to call her (cell and office) for issues. I find both of them helpful, especially since I'm on an insulin pump.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2009

Dr. Kilbane himself was helpful, though my wait time was lengthy. His office staff however was very rude on many of my telephone calls to their office- even hanging up on me (on purpose) in mid-conversation while expressing my greif with their staff. I have never been treated this way by any doctor's office.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

Dr. Anthony J. Kilbane's Credentials

• Univ Coll Of Galway, Nat'L Univ Of Ireland, Fac Of Med, Galway (Grad. 1976)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Ypsilanti, MI