Ratings for Dr. Matthew S. Segedy

I cannot express how much I love this man as my children's doctor. Put it this way, we drive from St. Paul to Maple Grove/Plymouth to see him. He is amazingly knowledgeable, he truly listens, and is willing to explore theories you may have in regards to your child's health and development even if he doesn't necessarily agree with you. He has managed to get my shy son, who went through quite the phase of doctor-fear, out of his shell and now he BEGS to go see "Dr. Segedy-Begedy". We don't always see eye to eye on everything, but I always feel that my opinion is valued, and that my children are in very good hands.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Dr. Segedy is great! He is extremely knowledgeable without being overbearing. He respects my decisions as a parent even when he disagrees with them. He's thorough and spends more than 5 minutes at our appointments! Plus, he's funny.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

During the first few visits if you visit Dr. Segedy he seems to be great as he spends time in talking and being friendly and bla bla but if the child is really sick he is not able to diagonise. He keeps on saying do what you are doing and its the best. If you child is healthy and happy his job is easy but if you child is always sick he is unable to give proper treatment.Finally Southlake ped staff is the worst staff I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

Dr. Segedy is great! He is very knowledgeable and personable. I love that his first instinct isn't to use drugs to cure everything. He understands the risks and benefits of all treatments. He is also great at taking the time to bond and make sure all questions are answered. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

I'm glad to read others have had good appointments with Dr. Segedy. We did not. We went a few times to give him benefit of the doubt. Each time he was self-righteous, pompous, and extremely condescending. We laughed it off at the well-visits, thought he was having a bad day or a different sense of humor. But the worst was when my kid really was sick. He offered no expertise, no help and actually criticized me saying he needed to be the advocate for my kid because I wasn't. WHAT??!! Needless to say, we are looking for a new pediatrician. Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

My daughter and I were fortunate to meet Dr. Sagedy during a huge health crisis in her teenage years. She loved his approach of mutual respect. He worked cooperatively with her therapist, and with all the efforts, my daughter has had an amazing college career. Words are inadequate to express my gratitude for his effective integration of diagnostic and interpersonal skills!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Very, very knowledgeable. GREAT with kids - makes them feel comfortable. caring, kind, takes time and answers questions for parents.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Dr. Segedy is an amazing Doctor who makes not only the patients feel at ease but also their parents. I would recommend Segedy to anyone that was looking for a new doctor. He has never been late for any appointments, nor has he had an "ego".

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Segedy is super cool. My kids LOVE him! Very helpful and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

Dr. Segedy is the best pediatrician i have ever met. He is so knowledgable with children. He will work with you on vaccines and uses best practices, and is up to date with the latest research. Hemakes the children at ease even when they are going through stranger anxiety. He is amazing. He was featured on KARE 11 news as well. Dr. Segedy is a fun, intelligent, well-informed Doctor who also teaches you what is best for your child in terms of health care. He is a very busy, well liked doctor. he is often late with his appt. However it is well worth the wait and he doesn't rush through, he takes his time.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr. Matthew S. Segedy's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Minnetonka, MN