Dr. Jocelyn R. Idema

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jocelyn R. Idema

Dr Idema misdiagnosed an ACL tear for an MCL sprain. Did not not do MRI (insurance coverage was NOT an issue) . Was told to take 2 weeks off, do some PT , wear brace and can play soccer again in 2 weeks. After a month of continued pain and no improvement, demanded MRI be done. Once she realized her mistake she referred us out of office (not even to another associate in the practice) She may know spine injuries but was completed clueless about knee. All symptoms were common / text book. Would NOT recommend.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

Professional, approachable, and knowledgable are just a few words that describe Dr. Idema. She has helped me through some very difficult and seemingly hopeless experiences that I encountered elsewhere. I trust her judgement and is an expert in spine surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Excellent surgery and recovery. She has the best bedside manner and is highly knowledgable with attention to details. I recommend her to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I had a spinal fusion done just this week. Dr. Idema and the staff at MMI were amazing. The spinal recovery process through her care is beyond organized, and prepares you in every way to be ready for surgery. I felt taken care of from start to finish! Thank you so much Dr. Idema and team! C. Morrison

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Uber job to all, really a life transforming event for me!!!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr Idema diagnosed and performed a bursectomy on our disabled son with compassion, creativity and great follow up. I would highly recommend Dr Idema. His wound healed in record time.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. Idema is an excellent doctor, possibly the best I've ever used for treatment following my accidents.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Idema gave me back my life after years of suffering with intense pain in my lower back and right leg and trying many different treatments to relieve the pain none of which worked. She performed posterior lower interbody fusion of L4 & L5 and when I awoke from the surgery I felt like she had given me some else's body! All the pain was gone (except for surgical incision pain which was very minimal). Five days after surgery I was off all pain medication and was able to walk, sit, and lay down with no pain. This was unbelievable to me after so many years of suffering. I would highly recommend Dr. Idema to anyone having similar issues.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Skip Your Internet Searches - Here is your answer. Having gone through years of back pain, I finally decided to go see a spine specialist and am very happy I chose Dr. Idema at MMI. Her warm demeanor, professionalism, and thoroughness helped ease my worries about seeing some for my back. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

3 days post surgery and the 20 years of numbness is my leg is gone, sciatic nerve pain GONE and other than the surgical area pain my disk pain is GONE!!! Dr. Idema thank you for giving me my life back! I will be running with my granddaughters soon and we will all be enjoying our new little Labrador puppies on VERY long walks many times a day. I can't wait to be tired because I'm so active! My husband is so pleased to see me so happy so soon after surgery and each morning I feel better and better! SHE IS AWESOME! I'm 63 and getting all of this back at this time in my life is the best thing I could ever dream of having! Thank You Dr. Idema our family adores you!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Jocelyn R. Idema's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

SPINE CONDITIONS SHE TREATS BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO: -Cervical Spondylosis -Degenerative Scoliosis -Herniated Cervical Disc -Hernitated Lumbar Disc -Low Back (Lumbar) Pain -Sciatica -Spine Osteoarthritis (Spondylosis) -Spinal Stenosis -Spondylolisthesis -Sports-Related Neck and Back Injuries SPINE TREATMENTS: -Anterior Cervical Decompression and Fusion ( ACDF ) -Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion ( ALIF ) -Artifical Disc Replacement -Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery -Cervical Spondylosis Surgery -Discectomy/Partial Discectomy -Electromyography (EMG) -Herniated Cervical Disc Surgery -Kyphoplasty -Lower Back (Lumbar) Back Surgery -Lumbar Disc Replacement Surgery -Lumbar Laminectomy -Lumbar Microdiscectomy -Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery -Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion ( PLIF ) -Sacroiliac Joint Fusion -Sciatica Treatment -Scoliosis Treatment -Spinal Cord Stimulation/Neuromodulation Placement -Spinal Stenosis Surgery -Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion ( TLIF ) -Vertebroplasty -Extreme Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion ( XLIF )

• English

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2005)

• Back Pain