Ratings for Dr. R. Bart Sangal

Worst doctor I’ve ever seen. Did not listen to concerns and was focused on wrong aspects. Prescribed medication that caused me to not want to do anything then when returning prescribed antidepressants. All after spending over $2,000 out of pocket on top of insurance for tests, he dropped me as a patient for lack of respect, when he was the doctor with no respect. Robbed me of the money and still without a solution to my problem. Do not waste your time or money.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Worst experience ever. After several trips to have medical records transferred from old doctor, I was told they didn't have any idea where the forms I filled out where and I'd have to fill them out again. I was told I had to take a sleep monitor and must return it at time that is in the middle of my sleep cycle. Scheduling was inflexible, staff was incompetent, and arrogant Dr Sangal had the unmitigated gall to drop me as patient when I questioned why my normal sleep hours can't be monitored. Bart Sangal is petty when raising valid questions and unaccommodating to say the least.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Sangal has seen a few of my children for various things -- insomnia, teenage bedweting, adhd, and he diagnosed my daughter's narcolepsy. His treatment plans have ALWAYS been helpful. I was skeptical about trying imiprimine (an anti-depressant) for ADHD, but on his recommendation specific to my son's testing, I tried and and my son has had fabulous results.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Sangal for well over ten years. He has helped me greatly. I have never had a bad experience with Dr. Sangal or any staff members. Dr. Sangal is very helpful and is said to be the best doctor in Michigan for sleep or attention deficit conditions. He will take the time to answer any questions or discuss relative issues with you. He will provide competent follow up to the degree necessary to fully address any problems. I would highly recommend Dr. Sangal to anyone in need of his specialties.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

I recommend Dr Sangal to all people suffering from sleep apnea. I feel so much better using a CPAP machine. Best thing I've ever done. Staff is top notch. An all around great experience.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Sangal is working with me to help me live better with my sleep apnea.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Sits at computer generating an in depth print out that looks very thorough but can't finish or get out of the exam room fast enough!! Very poor people skills.... Abrupt with scripted answers...

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I've been seeing the doctor for several years now. I was always napping, and being a college student, it was nearly impossible for me to stay awak and study. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy, and managed to survive college, thanks to Dr. Sangal. His staff is amazing too!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

The visit went well and the staff and doctor were courteous and professional. I only had a problem when it came to payment. For some reason, the receptionist ignored (I later found out) the fact that I had 2 types of insurance when she looked up my information. She then stated to me that the insurance only covered so much and I was left with a bill of 'X' amount. I was surprised since my insurance usually covered everything, but I paid the remaining balance. Later when I arrived home, I contacted my insurance to follow up on the remaining balance I paid. My insurance stated that they had not been contacted by that office as the receptionist had said she had and they had not recieved a bill yet. My insurance then contacted the doctors office (with me on 3 way) and inquired as to why I was made to pay anything. The receptionist claimed I only had one insurance, but later acknowledged that I did in fact have two. My insurance representative (of the ignored insurance company) inquired about my reimbursement. The receptionist replied that once they recieve the payment from the insurance company, they will immediately refund me the money I should not have had to pay in the first place. I hope this is not a common practice and no fraud is going on where people are being quoted and billed amounts of fees not covered by their insurance for immediate collection... only to have the office later bill the insurance company and recieve that payment and only log that payment in.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Sangal for 15 years. He and is staff are attentive, very professional, and I never have to wait beyond my appointment time.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr. R. Bart Sangal's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Bart Sangal loves working with patients. He finds solutions for their sleep and attention disorders. Not all doctors specialize in this type of medicine. Dr. Sangal has the experience and education to help you. He has been treating patients with sleep and attention disorders for more than 30 years. Dr. Sangal trained at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. He is board certified in Sleep Medicine. He is also board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology. These certifications are by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology. He earned the highest score in the nation on the American Board of Sleep Medicine examinations. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). He has hospital privileges at Beaumont Hospitals in Troy and Royal Oak, Mich. Dr. Sangal Has Been Practicing Sleep Medicine for More than 30 Years Dr. Sangal started practicing in Michigan’s Warren-Troy-Farmington Hills metro area in 1983. Three years later he started the Sleep Disorders Institute. The Attention Disorders Institute opened in 1992. Dr. Sangal combined both in 2013. This resulted in the Sleep and Attention Disorders Institute. Dr. Sangal’s Sleep & Attention Disorders Institute was accredited by the AASM in 1987. It is the oldest continuously accredited sleep disorders center in Michigan’s Oakland/ Macomb counties. Patients from the entire Greater Detroit Metro area come to the Institute in Sterling Heights to see Dr. Sangal. In Oakland County, this includes Southfield, Pontiac, Royal Oak and Bloomfield Township. In Macomb County, this includes Clinton Township, Macomb Township, St. Clair Shores and Roseville. Dr. Sangal’s Additional Professional Accomplishments: He is a professor at Oakland Beaumont Medical School. He has authored many scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals. In fact, Dr. Sangal has written papers on the use of the EEG in Attention Deficit (ADD/ADHD). EEG brain mapping confirms the diagnosis of Attention Deficit (ADD/ADHD). It predicts which medicine will work best for each patient. He is an editor of Clinical EEG and Neuroscience. He is a reviewer for many other journals. He was chair of the AASM Health Policy Committee. He served on the AASM board. He received the AASM’s Public Policy Award. He was twice president of Michigan Academy of Sleep Medicine. He served on the Oakland County Medical Society board. He is active in clinical research. Dr. Sangal is married with two adult children. His wife, JoAnne M. Sangal, Ph.D., assists him with his continued research. They have written several papers together. They live in Bloomfield Township, Mich. Want to know more about Dr. Sangal? Read his CV here. Look at his publications and selected presentations here. View his research protocols here. Get a Good Night’s Sleep. Feel Refreshed and Attentive. Call Dr. R Bart Sangal Today. He has been helping people in Sterling Heights, Clinton, Warren, Grand Rapids, Detroit, Lansing, and throughout Michigan.

• English

• All India Inst Of Med Sci, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1977)

• Mark Hatfield Award for Public Policy by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine in 2006;
  • President’s Award for Excellence in Clinical Sleep Medicine by the Michigan Academy of Sleep Medicine in 2015

Coventry Healthcare