Ratings for Dr. Jiten P. Gohel

I switched dentists because my previous dentist tried to sell me unnecessary products (perscription mouthwash, perscription toothpaste, whitening products) every time I would have a cleaning even though I would never have any cavities or other issues. After my experience with Dr. Gohel, I think I'd prefer that over his method of filling his pockets with the insurance companies money. The cleaning went fine and I felt that the hygenist did a fair enough job. After xrays and my cleaning, she said my overall dental hygene was great, but she saw 1 maybe 2 cavities. Ok, fair enough, she showed the one to me on the xray and I was in agreeance. Then Dr. Gohel came in and started his exam. Poking, proding, taking pictures, discussing a recommendation of "Invisalign". Ive never had braces in my life, I've never had any major issues with my teeth, and I've definitely never been recommended that I have braces! When he was all finished he started showing me pictures and discussing the different teeth he was going to "take care of for me". I asked if "take care of" meant drilling and filling, and he hesitated and said yes. He said that although some of them were not "sticks" yet, they still needed to "take care of them". I'm not sure how many different "cavities" he said was going to "take care of" and I didn't wait around to hear his recommendation for Invialign, because I got up and left after he got to the 4th tooth that he "needed to take care of"! I will be finding a dentist that I can trust and getting a second opinion!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Terrible. Prepare to told you need a ton of work done. I was told I needed multiple crowns and fillings. I was a little surprised given that I'd gone to my previous dentist (he retired) three times a year and never had an issue (I'm fanatical about taking care of my teeth). I ended up getting a second opinion and was told my teeth were fine. Beware of over billing and being told you need unnecessary work done. To top things off, the staff is rude.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Terrible dentist. Tried to do major work in December even though I was over my yearly cap and could've waited 2 weeks to be covered by insurance. They would have done all the work had I not asked after hearing a lady in the waiting room having the same problem. They hit her up for $1400!!! Now they won't release my wife's X-rays from last year, despite my dentist telling me they're obligated to do so by law. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

WARNING... DO NOT GO HERE!!!! They are the BIGGEST RIP-OFFS and FRAUDS I ever went to! Dr. Jiten seems like a very nice person, but do not trust him! I've gotten into many arguments with the receptionist for many reasons, but mostly because she never billed the insurance company correctly, and then copped an attitude with me when I brought it to her attention. I was told a root canal done years before by another dentist was infected again, so Dr. Jiten said it would be better to pull it and put a fake tooth in. He said there was no price difference. After he pulled the tooth, the receptionist asked me if I wanted to set up a payment plan? I said... WHAT?? she informed me it would be $3000 plus for the procedure. The root canal would have cost me $30. RIP-OFF!! Never got the tooth put in, and I now have a missing back tooth. Dr Jiten also informed me I needed cavities. I went to a new dentist and I haven't had any cavities for 3 yrs... RIP-OFF!! Head the warning and DO NOT GO HERE!!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

The MANAGER is poor and never smiles and is not friendly at all.She does not like anyone they hire. They just care about production and not meeting any of the patient's needs. And Dr. Gohel makes his patients wait in the chair for a long time because he's too busy on the phone!!!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

I started going to him after he replaced my normal dentist. I had some gum recession that needed to be fixed and he gave me two options that he could do. I went to my normal periodontist and he said that neither option would have actually worked. Dr. Gohel also told me that I had multiple small cavities that would need to be fixed and that I brushed too hard. I just switched to a new dentist who told me that the x-rays showed no sign of either. Finally, his hygienists weren't well trained. One even made up things in her report to him (i.e. that I have never flossed and certain teeth hurt). I did not realize just how bad this dentist was until I switched.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

we went in for a new crown, and i don't know what he did, turned out it has to get root canel treatment, and after we say we have to pay by installments, b/c we have no insurence, he refuse to treat anymore, what a "nice" Dr!!! I sware to GOD, this is the truth.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I went to Dr. Gohel in 2009, & at first was impressed by his friendliness & the technology in his office. I began to feel suspicious when he said that I had 2 cavities; at 27 years old, I never had a cavity in my life & my previous dentists always said I had great teeth. I trusted him, though, & when I came back to have the cavities drilled, he drilled on the OPPOSITE side of my mouth that he said he was going to drill. He also said that one of the cavities didn't look bad & that it should go away if I brushed better. Cavities don't go away. I changed dentists, & when my new dentist looked at my x-rays prior to the drilling, he said there was absolutely no indication that I had any cavities. I wish I went with my instincts, & the least I can do is warn others. Please be aware that Dr. Gohel seems great because he is friendly; when I first went to him, I even recommended him to others, but based on this experience, I believe he either lacks knowledge or will invent problems for money.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Dr. Gohel is very good dentist. He is a patient and articulate professional. He takes time to explain options regarding dental care and is eager to please his patients. He is supported by an excellent staff. Two thumbs up.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011