Ratings for Dr. Julie C. Harper

My experience was awful, I was prescribed tazorac for my mild acne, but this product didn't work for me and my acne became severe. On my next appointment I notified Harper that it doesn't work for me, and she agreed saying that acne should start improving after one month and not get worse. I mentioned several other products that worked for me in the past; however, she wouldn't prescribe those to me, and insisted on using tazorac. I guess she gets paid for promoting this product. Then her assistant tried to extract few of my bumps, she didn't sanitize/clean my skin before doing that! Next day those bumps became huge and turned to cystis. I would never recommend Harper, this was a nightmare for me.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Harper and her nurse practitioner for over a year about the same recurring rash. They have treated for the same condition seven times, finally did a biopsy. Never called back with biopsy results, recommended treating with OTC creams. Refuse to refer us to another physician. There seems to be a general lack of concern about our condition or pursuing any clear understanding of our condition.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Harper is outstanding. She runs an excellent practice. I would highly recommend her. She take her time in discussing any issues you may have and never seems rushed. My entire family including my kids are patients. Gene Hallman

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Skilled and knowledgable; shares details of care; compassionate.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Absolutely great staff and Dr. Harper is very knowledgeable. Can't recommend her enough!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Harper is a true professional. Equally skilled in cosmetic and medical procedures. Office staff very organized and professional. My family has been going to her for three years now. Will be her patients for many years to come

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Nurse was very rude when I called with a question about a refill. She gave me a generic answer that did not apply to my situation, and said she was looking at my insurance info right then. Then she rudely put me on hold, (just said, "Hold") and then comes back a few minutes later with my chart only to repeat herself. She absolutely did not listen to me at all. She acted as though I were the rude one for even calling and asking about the refill.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

The staff is extremely rude and incompetent. I believe Dr. Harper hired them b/c of their appearance rather than their ability to make a decision or do their jobs. They do not return phone calls, they interrupt you when you call to ask a question, and they lie about what they have done in response to your visit. A family member went in for wart removal and a year later, still had them. Never wanted to try a different procedure. I will not be returning to this office. The one bright spot of competency was a man named Vinnie. He personally helped me after a week of calling the office with no response.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Went to Dr. Harper because she is suppose to be the guru for acne & rosacea. I also have body acne. It was a total waste of time & money. I showed her my severe body acne on my thighs, buttocks & arms. She said " Does this really bother you?" I said yes, I am embarrassed to wear sleeveless tops, a swimsuit or for my boyfriend to see me. She said she would have to do a biopsy. I said can we do one today? She said not she only does those in the mornings. Just another way of getting another co-pay! I never went back.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

Beauiful doctor and NP, both smile while walking away while patient trying to ask questions. Neither interested in answering questions, only prescribing medicine. Difficult to get anyone to answer phone. Phone staff very rude. Shame..perfect location for VHHS...Dr. appears very knowlegeable, but will not recommend.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

Dr. Julie C. Harper's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)