Ratings for Dr. Barbara M. Bunster

Thanks Dr. Bunster - you were so helpful to me. I though I had pain in my right foot due to injury. But she quickly discovered that I had a fungal issue. I am diabetic and prone to infection and fungus. Because I have neuropathy in my feet and legs, I experience strange sensations. What I thought I perceived as pain, was actually burning and severe itching . A quick prescription for a creme was the cure. So glad I went. I had suffered for a month. I did not know it was something minor. D.A.Smith Maitland, FL

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

This doctor needs to be out of practice and not an on-call doctor at Winter Park Hospital. She was to do a partial metatarsal amputation (toes and a small amount of bone) and she chopped my whole front foot off to the main bone! Later a better foot doctor was amazed at what she had done because no one can ever walk on their main leg bone. I ended up with a below-knee amputation so I could have a better life. She has no bed side manner - left my wounds unwrapped for the longest time and I got MRSA in the hospital. It was an ordeal. She has no clients at her practice which was the first clue when I went in for after-care. When you go in for an emergency, you are at the mercy of the on-call staff and I sure got a rotten apple! Wish Winter Park Hospital would do some research and background on her.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Stay away from this doctor at all cost!!! I should've know something was wrong when she wanted to perform surgery after only one visit without xrays or any other diagnostic testing. Reluctantly I allowed her to perform a plantar fasciotomy. This has turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. During my recovery the pain was so severe i knew that something was terribly wrong. When i went for my follow up visit and explained to her that I was in more pain than before the surgery she ignored me and said it was normal. 3 months after surgery still in cam boot unable to walk or put pressure on my foot. 3rd visit she says the pain is mental and offered me psychotropic medication. I couldn't believe it! Long story short. I went to a reputable doctor and discovered that she had severed and damaged several nerves in my foot which was the cause of all my pain. I will have to suffer from numbness and pain for the rest of my life now. Thanks to this butcher. Please be warned! I hope this helps some out there. Dr Bunster has no care or concern for her parients and should not be practicing medicine on humans. I know my comments may be a bit harsh but trust me.... they are true.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Really great doctor - looked at the big picture of my health,not just my feet. Very thorough exam. Also very kind & gentle with my elderly mother who is not a good patient. I appreciated her professionalism with both of us. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a podiatrist.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Barbara Bunster is the absolut worst doctor i have ever been to in my life. She could care less about her patients. Her exact words were "WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU AND ARE DONE WITH YOU" after she was paid in full. Due to her treatment which consisted of making DEFECTIVE ORTHOTICS WHICH CAUSED ME TO HAVE a leg injury and she COULD CARE LESS.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Really great doctor. She was able to break things down so I was able to understand my condition better. I was seen promptly too.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2007

She is a wonderful doctor. I was seen early and she was nurturing and very understanding of my medical needs.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2004

Dr. Barbara M. Bunster's Credentials

• Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks Dr. Bunster - you were so helpful to me. I though I had pain in my right foot due to injury. But she quickly discovered that I had a fungal issue. I am ..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor needs to be out of practice and not an on-call doctor at Winter Park Hospital. She was to do a partial metatarsal amputation (toes and a small amou..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Stay away from this doctor at all cost!!! I should've know something was wrong when she wanted to perform surgery after only one visit without xrays or any o..."

December 3, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=301'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=301'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from &quot;Barbara&quot; to &quot;Barbara M.&quot;

October 20, 2013
  • City changed from "CASSELBERRY" to "OVIEDO"

May 6, 2012