Ratings for Dr. Scott J. Engel

Dr. Engel is amazing! I’m 34 years old, nursed 3 children and gained 50 pounds w/each pregnancy. I lost all of the pregnancy weight but still felt I needed help in some areas (Tummy and breast) so I chose to have a mommy makeover w/Dr. Scott Engel. I am 6 months out from my procedures and I am so pleased w/my results I couldn’t be happier, I feel so comfortable in my skin and my clothes again! Dr. Engel made me feel so comfortable during the entire process. He was so thorough, compassionate, informative and treated my husband and I as if we were family! I highly recommend Dr. Engel and his staff! Thank you Dr. Engel!!!!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2019

I performed a bunch of research on possible doctors for my breast fat transfer. Not all plastic surgeons perform this procedure, and I wanted to make sure I had a well-trained, caring, and highly rated board certified plastic surgeon. I researched doctors from the Tampa area to Bradenton/Sarasota down to the Fort Myers and Naples area. I was impressed with Dr. Engel's education, training at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, and glowing patient reviews. I could not find one negative review (and believe me, I looked!) I concluded that he was either an exceptional doctor or just good at covering his tracks. I'm pleased to report that Dr. Engel is in fact an excellent doctor! I went to a couple consultations and decided on Dr. Engel because he matched my criteria above as well as being patient, smart, and compassionate. Although he looked good on paper, I thoroughly questioned him to make sure he knew his stuff. He was surprised that I cared so much about the details and told me not to worry because he’s very experienced and has even taught other doctors about fat transfer. Fortunately, he still took the time to answer my long list of questions (and he answered them right!) He made me feel like he would spend as much time with me as I needed. Even though I'm often nervous at doctor appointments and shy about about being naked, Dr. Engel is very considerate and tries to make me feel comfortable and relaxed. I liked his compliments and reassuring words. He is charming, has a good sense of humor and overall great personality. When he came in before surgery, he was in a really good mood and wanted to make me feel safe and comfortable. He could tell I was getting extremely nervous, so he held my hands and reassured me he would take care of me. He reiterated that he would treat me as well as if I was his wife (he said that in our consultations too, and he truly seems genuine when he says it). He calmed my nerves, and the surgery indeed went well. My recovery has been much easier than expected too! Before surgery, Dr. Engel generously offered to improve a couple more areas of my body (free of charge!) He truly cared about giving me the best result possible, no matter if it took him more time and effort. I estimate he performed at least $1000 (probably much more) of complimentary work for me, considering the extra areas of liposuction and additional time spent. He's similar to me in that he wants to do the best job that he can do with whatever he does (perfectionist quality that I like). Also, he was understanding that I would have a hard time trusting him. He was extra patient with me, and I'm thankful that he took his time in surgery in order to deliver the best results possible. He worked an extra 45 minutes on top of our scheduled 3 hour surgery. At our follow-up, he emphasized how much he cared about me as a patient when he said that he was thinking about me all weekend, hoping that I was recovering well. During our recent appointments, he has been super involved and attentive to ensure I have a successful recovery. Overall it is nice that he just wants me to look as best as I possibly can. From my research, I also found him to be a family man and one that gives back to his community. I feel secure not only being in the hands of an excellent doctor but also a good person. I'm looking to use Dr. Engel for beauty treatments in the future, and I would highly recommend him to others!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Engel was very welcoming and made me feel comfortable through out each and every visit. He is very funny. He educated me on the different types of implants, sizes and profiles. He was able to answer every question I had before I even asked it. If you're thinking about getting a BA, I RECOMMEND HIM!!!! No questions asked. I will go back to Dr. Engel every time for any and all other BA surgeries needed. He gave me a natural look that I didn't think I was going to like at first because I thought they would be too small (but after the drop & fluff...which is still happening) they look more full on the bottom so I understand why he recommended I not go any bigger...My goal was to proportion my body because I am a little more bottom heavy. So I thought big big big to even it out, but he exceeded my expectations and I could not be happier with my results. I have so much more confidence because of him. Thank you SO much Dr. Engel.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I had a mini tummy tuck and a breast lift. I am extremely happy with the results. No regrets. Dr. Engel is amazing. It is obvious that he takes pride in his work. He is very down the earth and extremely compassionate. He takes the time to listen and he is not intimidating. I would highly recommend Dr. Engel. In fact, two of my friends are seriously thinking of getting a breast lift after seeing my results. The office and nursing staff are incredible. I could not have asked for a better experience.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

I was so impressed with Dr. Engel and his staff. Wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Caring, compassionate, knowledgeable doctor that doesn't treat you like a number. He really cares and takes the time to help you. The office staff is incredible! Thank you, Dr. Engel!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

Dr. Scott J. Engel's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 2002)