Ratings for Dr. Michael I. Hass

Do not go to this doctor!!! I am now having to have a repeat operation (with a new insightful doctor) for my bunions because Dr. Hass failed to do a simple bunion operation correctly. My bunions where bigger and more painful than before the operation. When I went to my new doctor he said that my toes were completely dislocated. And the repair operation will be more difficult than a regular bunion operation. Dr Hass was also rude and had zero bedside manner. The first thing he said to me was, " I don't make any money on your insurance. " I should have left at that moment. Please don't make the same mistake I did...research your doctors. I didn't have the tools that we have today otherwise with all these mixed reviews I would have never gone to Dr Hass in the first place.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I've gone to Dr.Hass for years and find him extremely knowledgable and helpful. I've had 2 or 3 sets of orthotics made, been seen for a sprained ankle, plantar fasciitis, and now for a tendon problem in my ankle. He has been great every time. My daughter has gone to him, and I've sent several friends to him. Office staff is very helpful. I'm perplexed by the less than great reviews. I continue to use the practice even with my insurance change.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

One of the worst experiences we have had. This doctor saw members of our family and each had the same experience-awful. This doctor is not affable and also insisted that we had to have several appointments costing $40.00 in copays for a procedure that could have been done in one appt. Support staff booked appt wrong and when we showed up for appt, we were told that appt was "booked Wrong" and we would have to come back at a different time where earliest available appt was 3 weeks later. Needless to say we did not go back and will not be going back. This operation is unprofessional. If thinking on visiting this practice, have your feet take you elsewhere!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

The staff is not very polite, each visit he would say what we would do the next visit and then at that visit it would be something different. At two different times he needed to fit me with an appliance, they were not in stock and had to wait for a couple weeks the first time and I had to call to see if it was in. The second appliance he also did not have in stock, came a week later for the fitting and the supplies to do the fitting was not in. So paid the co-pay each time! As others have said he really was not listening to me....I was and am in pain. He is in a big hurry to come in and go out, not really taking the time to find out how you feel. One appointment he NEVER even looked at my foot. It seemed liked I would always wait a long time for my appointment one time almost an hour. It seems there is much disorganization, lack of supplies and too busy trying to see too many patients. Always wanting me to come back...another co-pay. Looking for another doctor!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2013

Dr. Hass was fantastic and very helpful. I had Bunionectomy a few months back and felt completely comfortable, he was knowledgeable and attentive. Overall far better experience than anticipated and quick healing.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

I have to say, sadly, that I agree with the marathoner above. I have periodic bouts of plantar fasciitis which is very painful. I have gone to Dr Hass before and had spent several months using shoe pads and foot splints without help. When pain got too much that I was limping and out of alignment I went to him. He suggested..... Shoe pads and foot splint. I am frustrated with myself for not insisting on more help -- he knew what I was already doing and knew that it wasn't working. And he told me to keep it up. Its the second time I've used him. He's probably very bright but he could be a total fraud for the failure to recognize that I really needed help -- more of the same wasn't working. Indifference to me and my situation. A month of needless pain later, I'm trying someone else. Just doesn't listen.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

I, my husband and my daughter have all seen Dr. Hass. My husband and I have inserts for our shoes that have helped back,knee and foot pains a great deal. My daughter and I had painless and successful ingrown toenail removals that don't even look bad. I was refered to Dr. Hass by another friend who had painless wart removal surgery. We think he is a great podiatrist. Also confused by the lukewarm ratings.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

My wife and I have both used Dr. Hass for years, and I am amazed at the lukewarm ratings here. He is tops in my book!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

Responsive, and professional. No bad encounters, seen him only once so far.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

I used Dr. Hass in 2001. I was preparing for a marathon and my toes were falling asleep. I went to him for help, and he made me feel like an idiot. The first thing he said was "Why would you ever run a marathon" The second thing he said was "You better increase your running if you think you're going to make 26 miles". He wasn't nice. He didn't smile. He charged me hundreds of dollars for my orthodics. He wasn't personal at all. In fact I cried right there & he said nothing. Instead - It ruined my training - I increased my mileage which was the absolute WRONG advice for a first time marathon runner. I ended up with tendonitis in my knee from doing too much too fast. All because this mean doctor felt the need to squish my dreams. I trained great up to 20 miles, and would have been fabulous at that marathon. But because of this jerk, I never got to run the race. I have never forgotten how bad he made me feel. Yet he still received my money.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2006

Dr. Michael I. Hass's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1983)