Ratings for Dr. Marcus L. Palermo

Very professional with a state of the art office which i value. A great experience.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Knowledgeable skilled very professional, I felt comfortable undergoing the two hour surgery Dr. Palermo recommended. He's also very expensive. Insurance does not cover dental surgery so be prepared to pay out-of-pocket $2000 +.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

This is the second time I have left a review!! I was referred to Dr. Palermo for a root canal by my regular dentist. I would never recommend him after what I experienced. After examining the tooth he told me he could not tell if it was cracked and if so, it would be best to remove the tooth (a part of a bridge!) and place two implants instead. He told me the only way to be sure it was not cracked was to do $300 out of pocket CT Scan not covered by insurance to determine if the tooth was sound. Not wanting to lose a tooth, I agreed to and paid for the special $300 scan. After the scan he sat with me to review the results. I was surprised to note he kept telling me that the best solution was to do 2 implants or even 3 to cover a missing molar next to area in question. I asked about whether there was a crack but he said that sometimes a crack could be invisible...this after paying $300 for the special scan!! When I said I wanted to save my tooth, he told me he would have to remove the crown and the bridge and I could come the following Monday for the root canal if I insisted. By then I was nervous and untrusting of Dr. Palermo and chose to not return. When I asked for a CD of the scan I had paid for he gave me a CD that two subsequent dentists could not open. My opinion based on this experience is that Dr. Palermo has no integrity nor professional ethics. I would not recommend him to anyone....so sorry Dr. Palermo.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

My regular dentist was not sure if I had a cracked tooth and therefore needed an extraction and an implant or a failed root canal. He referred me to Dr. Palermo because Palermo has some special imaging device that allows him to see cracks and hidden roots. The image was not covered by insurance ($250) because it is considered experimental and untested. Palermo took a full set of images and carefully reviewed them with me. He assured me that my tooth was not cracked and that I did not need an implant ($5,000). Palermo assured me that it was a failed root canal that he could redo for $1500. I came back in a week and Palermo cleaned out the prior root canal and prepped me for the new root canal. He was in my mouth for almost two hours and he never mentioned there was a problem. I came back two weeks later for the actual root canal. He was in there for an hour and suddenly he stopped working and walked out of the room without a word of explanation. He came back 20 minutes later and told me the tooth was in fact cracked and I needed it extracted and an implant. So either he did not read his fancy image correctly when I first came in or he broke my tooth while he was in there the first or second time drilling and pressing and digging around. Either way, I totally blame him for either a bad diagnosis or a botched procedure. The salt in the wound is he billed me for the two visits even though he did nothing that was of any benefit to me. When I complained directly to him, his excuse was that it happens sometimes and his time was expensive and so he was entitled to be paid for the time he spent. I will never go back to him and I do NOT recommend him. At the very least he should not have charged me but I guess his ego is so big that he thinks he is entitled to be paid for his mistakes. RIDICULOUS.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I just had the most amazing experience at Dr. Palermo's office. I am 45, with terrible teeth and have seen several Dentists and Specialists. By far, this has been the best dental experience ever! Dr. Palermo's bedside manner is top notch. He took the time to really address all my concerns and properly explain his recommended treatment plan. The day of my root canal, I felt so comfortable with Dr. Palermo and his staff that I fell asleep through the entire treatment. Bonus, I had very little pain and was back to eating on my right side within 2 days! I 100% recommend using Dr. Palermo...root canals really aren't that bad:)

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr. Palermo, and his team, are the epitome of customer care and operational excellence. I am a 46 yr old female who, through the years, has had my share of dental challenges ranging from implants to root canals. Most often the repair endeavors have resulted in a lot of pain, and cost, but marginal success. I was referred to Dr. Palermo by a respected colleague at Los Alamos National Laboratory due to the advanced technology employed by his office. While state of the art equipment was critical in defining the issue previously missed, it is, by far and away, the level of care; concern; and essentially pain free work performed that ensures him of my future business and that of my family, friends, and colleagues. - Lynne C.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

Dr. Palermo is both highly skilled and compassionate. He made me very comfortable and caused no pain!! I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

I have had a lot of dental work done and treatment by Dr. Palermo by far has been my best experience. Wonderful, friendly staff and super clean office and treatment areas. Dr. Palermo is extremely bright and informative before, during and after treatment. He calls to check in on you too. Oh yeah...I am a bit of a dental chicken and I felt nothing, absolutely nothing of the root canal. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

Now, root canals are never fun, but if you need one I would highly recommend Dr. Palermo. I have used his services on a couple of occasions and have been extremely pleased with the results, as well as the process. Very professional, meticulous, and caring. Addresses every concern, from anxiety to explaining the details of the procedure, double checks everything and would never do an unnecessary root canals.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012