Ratings for Dr. Zareen T. Syed

Very BAD EXPERIENCE, this doctor does not care about her patients. I had my annual check up there, and nobody called me for what I had. I had high cholesterol , if I would not called to her office only for having a copy of my results I would not have known about it. I told her, "doctor did you review my check up results", and she did not respond it, she just review it in front of me and said "I will give you a prescription for it". There were more "H" letters which stands for "high level" on certain items on the urine test, but she said they are nothing, only she added "just drink more water", and I always drink 4 bottles of water daily. Then, and the worst thing she has done to me was when I lost my motion on my left arm. I had a severe pain from my left shoulder through my arm, I can not move it, she prescribed a muscle relaxer, I took it for a month I came back to her and told her I still have my arm without movement and too many medicine is affecting my stomach. She referred to me to a physical therapist , I have gone for almost 2 months and I could move my arm but a bit, I felt that it was not working a 100 percent. I asked the doctor to have an evaluation to see what it is inside of my shoulder, what she was suppose to do it since the beginning , but she only gave me a referral now to go to an orthopedic surgery. I called the orthopedic office for an appointment and they can not make an appointment without an MRI on my shoulder. I called to my doctor (Syed) to give the authorization for the MRI, but she denied me. I could not believe it, she saw me how bad I was, even though with the physical therapy which was not working a 100 percent for my shoulder and arm, but she did not care, I left many messages with the front office saying that I need the MRI to have been seen by the specialist but she did not call me back, she went to a vacation, and when she came back, did not get back to me. I called, and spoke to her, and she said, "you do not need an MRI is just a pain on your shoulder, tell the orthopedic to call me" I said to her I lost my motion on my arm and my fingers are numb and the orthopedic can not see me without an MRI, and said you as my primary doctor needs to authorize it" she said only, " tell the orthopedic to call me" I have been with this pain and with my disable arm for almost six moths, that was enough I called the insurance to make the complaint and change my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I was recently at this doctors office and I found her to be very helpful,she basically saved my life by diagnosing my cancer,which none of the doctors told me inspite of me having symptoms. today I am around only because of her and my family is greatful to her to what she has done to me.I will highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Worst doctor I had to deal with, when my father was admitted to JFK and she was the doctor assigned to him. It took from 6 AM to 7 PM and several calls to get her to prescribe an anti itch medication. Would always take several calls to have her return your phone call. I don't believe she was very professional, spent little time with the patient and at times we found her to be rude. Never bothered to call my family to discuss his health. We had to always initiate the calls. Then she goes on vacation, without notifying us. Her covering doctor then has no clue about what is wrong with my father. When my sister mentions to the covering doctor, that he has a UTI, she replies "no he doesn't he has pneumonia".... I would stay away from this doctor, she does not care for the patients at all....

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I went for Annual Checkup , Dr. Syed spent a total of 10 minutes for me. Initially she spoke very nicely. But later the behavior was very rude. It was looks like she works for money and not in terms of really helping.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Great doctor ...very caring...saved my life ..Is at the hospital all hours of the night if need to be.. Reply to my nurse phone call at 3:00 AM in night. I appreciate her concern and commitment for patient care and her bed side manners. I strongly recommendation her..

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Syed was the doctor assigned to me during a recent emergency hospital stay. During my 3 days in the hospital, Dr. Syed spent a total of 10minutes in my hospital room discussing my care. Both myself and my family visiting felt she was extremely rude with very poor bedside manner. Despite informing me she would order a medication for me during a 6pm visit, the medication orders had NOT been called in when I asked for the medication at 11pm. She failed to respond to 3 separate urgent nurses calls to discuss my care, which significantly delayed my hospital discharge. I found her to be non-responsive, disinterested and generally unpleasant, which I are really poor traits to be using when describing a physician.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013