Ratings for Dr. Zareen T. Syed

Worst doctor I had to deal with, when my father was admitted to JFK and she was the doctor assigned to him. It took from 6 AM to 7 PM and several calls to get her to prescribe an anti itch medication. Would always take several calls to have her return your phone call. I don't believe she was very professional, spent little time with the patient and at times we found her to be rude. Never bothered to call my family to discuss his health. We had to always initiate the calls. Then she goes on vacation, without notifying us. Her covering doctor then has no clue about what is wrong with my father. When my sister mentions to the covering doctor, that he has a UTI, she replies "no he doesn't he has pneumonia".... I would stay away from this doctor, she does not care for the patients at all....

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I went for Annual Checkup , Dr. Syed spent a total of 10 minutes for me. Initially she spoke very nicely. But later the behavior was very rude. It was looks like she works for money and not in terms of really helping.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Great doctor ...very caring...saved my life ..Is at the hospital all hours of the night if need to be.. Reply to my nurse phone call at 3:00 AM in night. I appreciate her concern and commitment for patient care and her bed side manners. I strongly recommendation her..

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Syed was the doctor assigned to me during a recent emergency hospital stay. During my 3 days in the hospital, Dr. Syed spent a total of 10minutes in my hospital room discussing my care. Both myself and my family visiting felt she was extremely rude with very poor bedside manner. Despite informing me she would order a medication for me during a 6pm visit, the medication orders had NOT been called in when I asked for the medication at 11pm. She failed to respond to 3 separate urgent nurses calls to discuss my care, which significantly delayed my hospital discharge. I found her to be non-responsive, disinterested and generally unpleasant, which I are really poor traits to be using when describing a physician.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013