Ratings for Dr. Ronald I. Rothenberg

He is good at giving referrals, except this his medical knowledge definitely needs serious update. His office staff is horrible. They once draw my blood after hours and result came back negative. I had exactly the same test draw at hospital outpatient lab and result came back positive. Last time I waited in patient room and heard he chatted with another patient for 1 hour. When it was my turn, he threw my chart on the counter and said "I don't know what problem you have" and rushed me out in 5 minutes. Can't believe this place is not shut down. See him at your own risk!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

He was good 30 years ago.....Now he's barely interested in patients...The TWO hour wait is rediculous to see a jerk who spends 6 minutes with you...He should be reviewed by some ethics committee!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

Dr Rothenberg is great, his front of house staff are rude, to the point of being offense - changing Dr.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Rothenberg has been my doctor for almost two years. I don't mind the Doctor. He's been polite but hasn't really ever given me much time, never more than 6 minutes in office visits. The STAFF IS HORRIBLE. Every time I need a refill prescription, I have had to call on average about 4 times. The staff rarely returns a phone call. When I do get someone on the phone, they always have an attitude, put me on hold a few times and generally seem confused. I have had incorrect labs and my social security # was incorrect on my file. This office is a total mess. Not a single staff member seems to care at all.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

--waited 2+hours for a 5 minute visit with the doctor---this after follow-up surgery---he was NOT interested or helpful---and didn't care that sitting for 2 hours after surgery was especiallllly painful---is he in this profession only for the MONEY?????

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

----waited 2 hours for a 10 minute visit with the doctor---he's aware of the wait time and rudeness of his staff but does NOT care---why is he in a people oriented profession if he does not care?????

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

I had Dr. Rothenberg as my PCP for 3 years before calliing quits on this clinic. Dr. Rothenberg himself is a kind and helpful person, but the office environment made it unbearable to the point of transferring. Everytime I went to the doctors office, it was a struggle to communicate with the nurses at the front desk. The wait time was on average 1-2 hours for a 5 minutes checkup. The office is always overcrowded no matter the time of day.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

The average wait time seems to be about an hour. I've had to wait one time for 2 hours on an appointment I made 3 weeks in advance until I saw the doctor. The staff nurses are rude with no regard for their patients' care.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

Dr. Ronald I. Rothenberg's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1965)