Ratings for Dr. Rebecca J. Kurzon

Dr. Kurzon itself seems a very nice person and seems very professional, even though her staff is pretty rude and nothing careful about the patients. I had an appointment for 2 tests and 1 procedure, after waiting 35 minutes the nurse said that she was getting the insurance authorization that's why it was taking so long. Then, after 50 minutes she finally got the authorization. When they finished the 2 test and was the time for the procedure... the Dr. Kurzon could not perform it because the assistant did not get the authorization for that procedure (just because she forgot it). Then they try to get the authorization but they couldn't do it. So after 2 hours there (where I was in company of my 6 months old baby and my teenager boy) they say that how I will have to come back for the following check out (related with the 2 test), I will get the procedure. So now I have to come back and pay the copay for the procedure because of the lack of responsibility of her staff. I have not received any apologize for the inconvenience though. Ohhh... almost forget this, I am not American so I am struggling with the English (speaking mostly), however, I understand everything in English, so when I was trying to explain her the website their have provided me to see my medical records had an issue and I could not register me. She said "I will reset your registration. I couldn't tell you what YOU did wrong because it doesn't show it, so your next visit we are going to ask for the IT people and they could help you with the registration". So accordin to her I did wrong!... when even I couldn't do the registration... also she was speaking like I was a person with mental delays... (even more rude). I just telling you'll you are paying for a service that you expect to be excellent and respectful . It is not for free (at least not in my case). I'd rather look for another Doc with better staff.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I had cataract eye surgery about 3 months ago. When the time came that my cataracts were ready to be removed, I began to do research on ophthalmologist.. I had been with my mother and mother-in-law when they had their cataracts removed several years ago. After my experience with their surgery, I knew I did not want to go to a large eye institute or clinic. The atmosphere there was impersonal and made me think of herding and conveyors. After a recommendation from a friend, I made an apt. for a consultation with Dr. Kurzon at Winter Park Ophthalmology. I was immediately impressed with her. She was professional, yet friendly, and I felt very comfortable with her. She took time to listen and answered all my questions. After careful consideration and a trial run wearing monovision contacts, I decided to have laser cataract surgery with monofocal lens. The procedure was done at Winter Park Fl. Outpatient Center. I felt very comfortable and safe there before, during and after the procedure. I was given a mild sedative and felt no stress or apprehension. I could not be happier with the results. I now have 20/20 vision and do not need to wear glasses for distance or close-up. The office staff was friendly, thoughtful and courteous throughout the entire process. I highly recommended Dr. Rebecca Kurzon. Dr. Kurzon and her staff lived up to all my expectations.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Dr Kurzon was highly recommended so I made my appt with utter confidence. I have not had my surgery yet and my gut reaction is to not do it. As another review basically stated " you are only as good as the people you work with". I felt like it was everyone's first day and no one knew why I was there or what to do. They asked me more technical questions than I asked them . They were very nice but did not exude professionalism or confidence. I had to tell the one girl that she was checking the wrong eye.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Kurzon by my optometrist, who said that he thinks very highly of her knowledge and her surgical skill. My experience definitely supports this.... my surgery was clearly explained to me on an eye model, I had tons of questions about which lens to pick and they were all answered to my neurotic satisfaction. I decided on something I think called monosight where each eye sees a different distance and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I'm 20/20 in each eye and I can see close to read and far to drive and I'm just thrilled with my optometrists recommendation to Dr. Kurzon.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

You can often judge the character of a professional by the character of the staff he or she hires.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

I got a toric lens for my left eye. The surgery went very smoothly and the left eye vision is now 20/20

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

On or around January 11, 2013, Dr. Kurzon performed unnecessary cataract surgery on my left eye. I was "sold up" to multi-focal lenses which resulted in severe haloing and blurred vision. I subsequently sought a second opinion which revealed I should have never had the surgery done in the first place, and that I would need to have the multi-focal lens replaced with a mono-focal lens at my own expense. After this subsequent surgery, which was performed at significant risk, my vision has returned to normal. Dr. Kurzon has refused to accept responsibility for her actions because I had signed a release.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2014

I tend to ask a lot of ?'s, and she listened very very carefuly. Love my new glasses.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2010