Ratings for Dr. Sheila M. Baez-Torres

HORRIBLE....NEVER AGAIN. WASTED 3 MONTHS WAITING ON HER TO HELP MY FATHER.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Horrible experience. No knowdledge, doesn't listen. DOESNT CARE!!! Send me to another Dr same specialization. Bad attitude, rude, disrespectful, arrogant!! No more than 15 mins. Dont even checked forms filled with symptoms and my info - provided in her office -. My primary Dr an another Emergency room Dr referred me due to my symptons. Both told me about a test that will reveal my condition. She denied me that test & maintain her position to send me to another dr. Btw, I called health insurance and submitted a claim.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Baez-Torres by my regular Nuero to confirm and verify certain symptoms I have been going through. She was courteous, professional and did not diagnose the same thing my neuro thought it may be. That was ok though, because the diagnoses she gave me made more sense after she explained it. I explained that I was referred also to an ENT for a related situation and wrote 4 questions she wanted the ENT to answer to resolve my issues. She took her time and explained all of what she thought was going on, but wants the questions from ENT answered to confirm. I felt very comfortable with her and I am pleased my Nuero, Dr. El-Said referred me to her.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

Will take NEW patients, but forget about it if you want a follow up appointment!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

It took me about an hour to be seen, after my appt. time and the doctor probably spent a mx of 10 mins with me in her office. All she cares about is prescribing meds. Horrible experience. I've called numerous times to get my MRI results, its been over a week. Finally her assistant called me back and said if I want to speak with the doctor I have to make another appt.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Baez-Torres saw me this morning for MS symptoms as well as a Cervical isse with my neck. She was very professional and had wonderful bedside manners. I felt like my care was in good hands. She ordered the MRIs I needed as well as explained some options for treatment. The staff at her office were great as well. friendly helpful and this was at 8 AM ... when I am not at MY best . !

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Extremely standoffish. Doesnt listen. Passes the buck, disinterested in helping, listening discussing issues. Judgemental.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Unable to diagnosis me and then suggested my having a psychiatric disorder. A second opinion was sought after several more seizures, including breaking three teeth, at Mayo Clinic. Mayo quickly diagnosed epilepsy and started me on correct anticonvulsants. I was told to follow up with local neurologist but was then refused to be seen by Dr. BAEZ-Torres without explanation. Now I'm unable to drive or return to work without medical clearance and searching for a new neurologist to help me work through this. Mayo neurologist rolled his eyes and shook his head and so should you!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011