Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Bernat

Easy to talk to, professional and extremely helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Bernat!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr. Bernat was very helpful in working with me through a stressful situation in my work environment. He listened to my issues, reviewed my annual review with me then gave me a few options to help cope with my situation. I felt that he had a great ability to understand my situation and help me work on a solution to my concerns.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Emotional stress you deal with from a lost of a love one can be consuming if you allow it. But you don't have deal with it being alone. Dr. Bernat is genuinely caring and will listen to your problem and will help you through the tough time. I went from the deepest depression to realizing there is more to life than sulking away with the daily pains.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

My whole life has been a gauntlent of issues that molded me into the person I had become. I had total disregard for not only myself but those close to me. After having family and former doctors refuse to deal with my issues stemming from depression and anxiety I began to be a patient of Dr. Bernat. The path back to reality has been slow and painful, but doctors like Jeff are so rare. He has seen me transform 180° over the past couple of years. Much of my ability to succeed can be attributed to his practice.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

I have struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life. Jeff is very knowledgeable & caring. He has a way of helping me look at things from a different perspective which is quite beneficial. I've been in some very difficult situations lately and he is calm and gentle but tells me what I need to hear. He's an excellent listener and non-judgmental. I always feel better after I've seen him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Bernat helped my 5 yr old from the first visit. We were sent by his teachers for testing for possible ADHD. By quickly identifying possible solutions to his behavior issues and suggesting simple solutions, the problem was quickly resolved with no additional testing or meds (sleep disorder identified and fixed with a very small dose of Melatonin.) After just a couple of visits, we are all done!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Several appointments were scheduled for me to see Dr Bernat for which I attended. I needed assistance dealing with PTSD after being deployed and how to cope with every day life. Not only did I suffer from severe PTSD but my immune system had been affected due to exposure to hazardous chemicals and environmen tal hazards overseaswhich had affected my immune system severely . I was still working at the time and trying to function normally, which I was able to keep from my co-workers and employer. On the outside others saw a strong person but inside I was dying a slow death and I didn't know how much longer I could keep up with the personna. My failing health became obvious due to have to go for Infusions to help slow down the progress of the autoimmune deficiencies I had contracted due to the exposure during my deployment. Dr. Bernat was a good listener but offered no solutions, no further assistance nor did he refer me to anyone who could. I suffered from terrible nightmares reliving episodes from my deployment I couldn't change, horrible sexual abuse I never reported to the Military due to my chain-of-command was as corrupt as the perpetrator, which fortunately was not assigned to my Battalion. Including this, I often had severe depression from feeling hopeless and at a loss on how to deal with every day life after waking from the nightmares, and I didn't know how to deal with family or work issues. Dr Bernat seemed uneducated and actually stated he hadn't dealt with anyone who had ever had these issues nor did he seek to educate himself or refer me to another psychologist/counselor for assistance. He just kept saying he thought I was doing the best I could and considering the circumstances just to keep doing as I was doing. All I was doing was barely surviving with no way out of the darkness I felt was engulfing me. Dr. Bernat had very little experience in psychology and I often wondered how he had a Doctorate degree in psychology when he had very little knowledge of the field. He often voiced his own issues he was dealing with and colleagues he knew but nothing to assist or even close to what he was suppose to do for a client. Each visit was like a social gathering to exchange stories of each of our lives and not once did we discuss my deployment or what had occurred during my deployment. He knew of my deployment and my health issues but he never once asked or even focused on the roots of all the problems or issues I had or faced. He clearly is not a true qualified specialist in any field. After giving Dr Bernat more than several attempts to try and assist me, I quit wasting my time at getting no where. The staff in the office is terrific as well as their Psychiatrists, one of whom I still see today.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

Dr. Bernat is wonderful! He is caring, very knowledgeable, and honest. I have been a patient of his for around six months and I can honestly say that I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. Bernat to anyone looking for a psychologist.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr.Bernat helped our young son with adjustment/behavioral/confidence issues, which had caused great difficulties in our family. I really did not expect that our situation would change as quickly as it did. We are very grateful we found him and would absolutely recommend him for child therapy. He was very helpful, understanding and flexible and great to work with. If we ever have problems again we will certainly go back.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

Dr. Bernat is knowledgable, compassionate, and very understanding. I've had therapists were I just checked in with the therapist and not much input was offered and, on the other side of the spectrum, I've had therapists who were overbearing. Dr. Bernat is the perfect balance. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a good therapist. He is really good at what he does and, most importantly, he provides a welcoming environment, which is ideal for effective therapy.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Jeffrey A. Bernat's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I am licensed psychologist who works with children, adolescents and adults. While a generalist, I specialize in integrative mental health, wellness, positive psychology, anxiety, depression, ADHD, and testing specific learning disabilities. I enjoy working with people who are open and motivated to change.

• English