Ratings for Dr. Tyler W. Scoresby

The worst medical experience in my 74 year old life. He as much as threw me out of the office for thinking my balance issues were related to a hearing problem. He quickly told me to seek a neurologist Certainly I would accept that if he ran a few basic tests which his nurse said would be called for. He could not get me out of the office soon enough and his hostility was apparent.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Two years ago, I developed chronic laryngitis--episodes that would come and go over the span of about November-January. A year ago, I got laryngitis a little earlier, in October, and proceeded to get it off and on through March. I finally made an appointment to see Dr. Scoresby at the tail end of one of my laryngitis episodes. He was very dismissive. He took a look and said he didn't see any problems. He put the camera-thing down my throat and said everything looked normal. When I asked why I would be having laryngitis so often, he said it was definitely reflux and told me to take Pepsid every day. When I told him I didn't have symptoms of reflux, he said that some people don't. He didn't recommend any dietary changes. Just Pepsid. I was wary of his advice because of how short he was with me, and how he didn't really bother to explain or reassure me about anything. I also shy away from taking daily medication, especially if a doctor hasn't fully explained to me why I should do that. So: Given that I am in relatively good health and was having no symptoms of reflux, and that my laryngitis only happened over the winter months, I decided not to take Pepsid, and instead took an allergy medication. Lo and behold, I haven't had laryngitis since. I was motivated to leave this review because a friend just went to the office for a different issue and saw Dr. Thomas. He, too, thought her problem was related to reflux, but he told her why--the back of her larynx was red--and gave her a list of dietary changes to make and scheduled a follow-up so he could take another look at her throat and see if that had made an effect on things. She also said he spent the time to discuss her problems and explain why he thought it was reflux--how it works and how some people have what's called "silent reflux." She left feeling reassured and taken care of--completely different than my experience. The stark comparison between the two made me think that others should know the difference between doctors at Central Park ENT and make their decisions accordingly.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

My wife went in because her left ear felt a little stopped up and she wanted them to clean the wax out. We saw Dr Scoresby because her normal doctor (Dr William Briggs) was not available. When he got started, he cleaned out her left ear just fine and then said while I am here, let me go ahead and look at the right ear. While removing the wax from the right ear, he seemed to have some trouble. He ended up poking a hold in my wife's eardrum. He said it will be fine and be back to normal within a few months. My wife was in pain and said she felt like she was going to faint. He said to lay down and then he left the room. His nurse came in a few minutes later with a glass of water...never saw the doctor again. His bedside manner was terrible and I am now dealing with the cost of medicine, possible surgery if it does not heal and a wife that is having a hard time sleeping and is still (after two weeks) in pain.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Did not wait long at all, very helpful staff. very nice staff. Dr. Scoresby was very nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

Dr. Scoresby took the time to meet with us just to listen to my questions and make sure I was comfortable and had a full understanding of my son's procedure. I was very nervous, with this being my five year old son's first surgery, but my fears were at rest with the knowledge and confidence Dr. Scoresby possessed in his field.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

excellent experience with this Dr. he took care of my sleep apnea through surgery

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Doctor Scoresby took care of my daughter when she needed tubes for her ear infections. She was only a year old, and usually very afraid of doctors, but she really took to him. He is great with kids. I was just as nervous as my daughter was, i think, and he really put me at ease. The whole process, from the initial visit, through the surgery and all the follow up was great.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

Dismissive of my symptoms - telling me they weren't related to the problem at hand. Still....it's what I was experiencing and would have liked them to be addressed. I get along w almost everyone - but every time I left I sat in my car wondering what just happened and why I felt so chastised. Very strange. No 'bedside manner'. Almost condescending. Decided to cancel surgery and never go back. I will go to a doctor where I feel like I'm in good hands.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

I feel he is not up to date on conditions, my expierence has left me with a long recovery that is still on going.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Great doctor and staff. i recently had to get my tonsils removed and i really felt like i was in good hands. they really want the best for you and want you to feel safe. i really recommend Dr. Scoresby, him and his staff do a great job :)

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Dr. Tyler W. Scoresby's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 2004)