Ratings for Dr. Terry A. Tuchin

Dr. Tuchin was my therapist many years ago. He specialized in appearing as if he were nodding off during sessions. When he was alert, his primary form of communication comprised of long, blank moments of silence -- hardly conducive for in-depth discussion of one's problems. When the anti-psychotic he prescribed me sent me to the emergency room with a dystonic rxn, he initially tried to convince me that the unfortunate side affect was indicative of my mental illness and thus further proof that I needed to be admitted to a psychiatric facility. Now, I did soon thereafter admit myself to a facility, and for that Dr. Tuchin should be given credit for expediting the matter. However, it was a no-brainer, since I was an adolescent who was talking about suicide. When I left the facility a few months later and returned to Dr. Tuchin for therapy, it was just a return to more 5-minute-long moments of silence. Underlying issues? Completely untouched and never discussed. The end.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

unlike on reviewer, I have only very good experiences with Dr. Tuchin and I have been seeing him for years. He is very caring and kind. He is dedicated to his patients and their welfare

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

Best Shrink I ever saw. Helpes me the most to overcome problems I had sinc adolescence.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2006

This man saved my life. I saw him for six years in the 1990's and he gave ne a new life. He was kind, caring, attentive and extremely smart. Dr. Tuchin knew when to talk and when to listen.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2006

Dr. Terry A. Tuchin's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1967)

MSP/BC Med