Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey Sher

Patient Beware. We went to a SIRM Fertility Seminar last year to start our fertility journey. We are young by fertility standards, I was 30, my husband 36. We had a consultation appointment shortly after the seminar with then SIRM doctor, Dr. Severino. We talked about the IVF and IUI options. We asked his professional opinion on which would be best for us. His response was “if you want more chance of success, IVF is what you want to do”. We trusted that he was recommending IVF because that’s what we NEEDED, he is the doctor who looked over our medical history, and who we thought at the time had our best interests at heart. That is why you trust a doctor isn’t it? We trusted him, took his advice on IVF, made the financial commitment, roughly $14,000 and started treatment as soon as we could. We did the egg transfer, and he said how perfect it went, we would be having twins (his exact words) with how perfect the transfer went. It didn’t work. We did not get pregnant. We decided for emotional reasons (this process is the most emotional process we have ever gone through) that taking a few months off would be best for us. We took a few months off, and when we were ready to try again, we called and found out that our doctor had unexpectedly retired. We didn’t feel as comfortable with Dr. Sher, nothing against him, we just didn’t feel he was the best fit for us. We decided to seek a different opinion for the second time around. WE ARE SO GLAD WE DID!!! What an unexpected blessing it has been having another doctor, NOT with SIRM take a look at our chart. (Here is why we will NEVER recommend SIRM to ANYONE… We will also be filing a complaint with the Medical Board, and getting a lawyer. ) The new doctor looked over our chart, said there is no way she would even recommend IVF before trying IUI given our age, our health, and our medical chart. The new office told us that IUI was COVERED by our insurance for up to 6 rounds. COVERED.. 6 TIMES! Why didn’t SIRM tell us that? Now I do partially blame myself for that, I should have called to ask our insurance-But as first time fertility patients, we made the mistake of trusting the SIRM doctors, and the office manager. We didn’t know IUI could be covered by insurance. You would think an experienced doctor’s office would let you in on that. It was one of the worst mistakes we have ever made. And it is sad that “trusting a fertility doctor” is on the list of worst mistakes we have ever made in our lives. Our new doctor also did a- no more than 15 minute- ultrasound of my cervix, that SIRM did NOT do, it discovered that my cervix was almost COMPLETELY BLOCKED by 2 polyps. Our new doctor, and my OBGYN said that is a likely the reason the IVF didn’t work the first time. As for why SIRM didn’t do that ultrasound, we do not know, and hopefully our complaint to the medical board will clear that up for future patients. We have reached out to SIRM about these concerns. They don’t care. The response is “Every doctor has a different way of diagnosing and treating a patient, and those polyps could have grown after your treatment with SIRM. But if you want to meet with another doctor at our practice, we will set you up with a complementary appointment” Oh boy THANK YOU!!! A complementary appointment?! How did we get so lucky?! Please DO NOT go to SIRM, and if you must, at least get a second opinion. They flat out took advantage of us, and will do nothing (but offer an appointment with another doctor at their practice) to make it right. They are in it for nothing more than the money. They DO NOT CARE. Infertility is already such a financial and emotional roller coaster, please do not let them take advantage of you as well.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

Dr. Sher and his staff are wonderful! He is easily accessible and so are the clinical nurses. I am Currently pregnant and I traveled all the way from Alabama. I would definitely recommend SIRM..

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

If I could give zero, I would. My wife and I came in for a consultation a few months ago. We emailed back and forth with the assistant, and every time we asked about billing, she would deflect, avoid it all together, or just respond not to worry. The day of our appointment we asked how much we would be charged BEFORE going in. Again, they verified no charge. The meeting went awful. Dr. Sher only wanted to talk about his success rate and how he was this magical doctor who could get us pregnant. We didn't like the way he seemed so callous and didn't really answer our questions. Regardless of our bad feeling, we consented to proceed because we wanted a baby and he promised. He told us we would get a call from his assistant in a few days to schedule tests and start with him. We never heard form her. We called in, and got no where. After two weeks we decided Dr. Sher was not the doctor we wanted. We proceeded somewhere else, and are happily pregnant now. Recently, we started getting bills from Dr. Sher. We called and showed the emails stating no charge. We explained how there was no follow up and that's why we decided not to continue. We finally heard back, and the assistance apologized for "losing our folder". Somehow she lost us, but billing had no problem finding us. We even tried calling to get ahold of HER, and still nothing. THIS DOCTOR AND FACILITY IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. THEY DO NOT CARE. ALL THEY SEE ARE DOLLAR SIGNS. I am so disgusted with this company. Please do not consider them.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

I could have not found a better team of individuals to go through this journey with. I was initially treated at another facility and was not happy with the results. As soon as I had a consult with Dr. Sher I felt a sense of relief that we were really going to figure this out even if it was still in God's hands. The first time will not always be a success as this process is not always exact and your will not know how your body will respond to the treatment. but do not get discouraged. Once I was at SIRM, it took two fresh cycles and two frozen cycles to get our miracle. And let me tell you she is one beautiful miracle. Her embryo chromosome results had 3 extra chromosomes, but it was divine intervention that didn't let us know the results until after she was born. Had we known before hand we may have terminated the pregnancy. Her chromosome results at 3 mos after birth were perfectly normal. NO extra chromosomes. She did however, come out with blonde hair and blue eyes. All close relatives have dark hair and eyes except one grandpa. She truly is one in a million. The other egg transferred with her was the only normal chromosomal egg that we have ever had in over 20 eggs but was a blighted ovum. That means it would never have developed into a normal fetus. We are now pregnant with baby #2. We started 9 mos post partum. The egg retrieval resulted in OHSS so we could not transfer any eggs. Then on the 2nd frozen transfer we were blessed with one more miracle! Each time we had two eggs transferred. I love the staff and Dr. Sher just never quits working. He never lets you doubt that your miracle will happen. You never know how things will turn out, you just have to have faith, prayer, and BELIEVE!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Sher has helped us after 12 years of infertility and 3 doctors, and 3 unexplained miscarriages. He's identified the root cause in the first Skype consultation, was very helpful in his blog and during the treatment. I am currently 18 weeks pregnant after first FET with steroids and intralipids by dr. Sher. We are very grateful! Highly recommend Dr. Sher for his knowledge and his desire to help.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Had ivf done 3 times before coming to see Dr. Sher. Always made it to the embryo transfer. With Dr. Sher all my embryos died and didn't even make it to transfer. Worst result out of all my past cycles. Intralipids did absolutely nothing to help me. Was on such a high dose of medication every day and it was all for nothing. Follow up care is a joke. They don't care about helping you, all they care about is taking your money.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Entire office rude Dr G Sher said he was the only one who could help us when God couldn't Embryologist unskilled embryos tested normal but didn’t survive

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I have been to other fertility clinics who kept telling me I had no infertility issues and no explanation for not being pregnant. Sitting down with Dr Sher I figured out in five minutes what was wrong with us by looking at past clinics' paperwork, and was able to start us on an individualized plan. He was patient in waiting for us to get funding before we started and his staff quickly learned who I was and recognized me every time I came in - I wasn't just a number to them. Everyone is always attentive and nice, and I never wait more than five minutes for my appointments, save for one time Dr Sher was in another meeting and was 10 minutes late to the office - but it is always worth a short wait for him. Dr Sher went out of his way for us, giving us his personal cell phone number to call any time we had issues or questions. When I was sick from OHSS after our retrieval (an expected thing), he called my husband twice a day the entire week to make sure I was doing okay and to ask how I was feeling. It wasn't just his office staff calling once a week, or him calling after hours.. He would call in the middle of a work day when I know he was busy, calling between transfers and implantations and procedures to check up on me. He treats his patients with kindness and patience but also knows when to say what is needed - we could spend thousands of dollars with him wasting eggs trying again and again, but rather, he is a good enough doctor to put health and eggs first, recommending we try IVF just two times (if failure is unexplained) and use the rest of the eggs with a surrogate, saving me from another nasty retrieval and saving us from more failed heartache. I am grateful for his pure honesty in the process, letting us know everything we need to do, and being there for us by telling us what we need to hear, not just what we want to hear. The other clinics I went to told us that even if we failed - even unexplained - we would keep trying over and over until it happened, which isn't always the safest thing to do, especially for someone like me who gets so ill after egg retrievals that I don't eat or drink for a week at a time, needing an IV several times to be safe since I'm not consuming anything.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr sher is the McDonald's of infertility clinics. I would never recommend his practice to anyone. The experience below is exactly as we got as well with extremely poor service from his staffthrown in. We never spoke to any nurse about our plan. Whenever we asked a question about our treatment and what we are to do next the admin/finance person replied, rather than an actual fertility nurse. It seems money is of greater importance than your treatment

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

This doctor is nothing but a good salesperson. He offers the world and then blames God when he can't produce. Staff is great when you're paying thousands of dollars. Look up ivf success rates website and see this physician is not even in the top 30 successful IVF

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Dr. Geoffrey Sher's Credentials

• Univ Of Stellenbosch, Fac Of Med, Tygerberg, So Africa (Grad. 1968)

Amerigroup