Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey Sher

I could have not found a better team of individuals to go through this journey with. I was initially treated at another facility and was not happy with the results. As soon as I had a consult with Dr. Sher I felt a sense of relief that we were really going to figure this out even if it was still in God's hands. The first time will not always be a success as this process is not always exact and your will not know how your body will respond to the treatment. but do not get discouraged. Once I was at SIRM, it took two fresh cycles and two frozen cycles to get our miracle. And let me tell you she is one beautiful miracle. Her embryo chromosome results had 3 extra chromosomes, but it was divine intervention that didn't let us know the results until after she was born. Had we known before hand we may have terminated the pregnancy. Her chromosome results at 3 mos after birth were perfectly normal. NO extra chromosomes. She did however, come out with blonde hair and blue eyes. All close relatives have dark hair and eyes except one grandpa. She truly is one in a million. The other egg transferred with her was the only normal chromosomal egg that we have ever had in over 20 eggs but was a blighted ovum. That means it would never have developed into a normal fetus. We are now pregnant with baby #2. We started 9 mos post partum. The egg retrieval resulted in OHSS so we could not transfer any eggs. Then on the 2nd frozen transfer we were blessed with one more miracle! Each time we had two eggs transferred. I love the staff and Dr. Sher just never quits working. He never lets you doubt that your miracle will happen. You never know how things will turn out, you just have to have faith, prayer, and BELIEVE!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Sher has helped us after 12 years of infertility and 3 doctors, and 3 unexplained miscarriages. He's identified the root cause in the first Skype consultation, was very helpful in his blog and during the treatment. I am currently 18 weeks pregnant after first FET with steroids and intralipids by dr. Sher. We are very grateful! Highly recommend Dr. Sher for his knowledge and his desire to help.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Had ivf done 3 times before coming to see Dr. Sher. Always made it to the embryo transfer. With Dr. Sher all my embryos died and didn't even make it to transfer. Worst result out of all my past cycles. Intralipids did absolutely nothing to help me. Was on such a high dose of medication every day and it was all for nothing. Follow up care is a joke. They don't care about helping you, all they care about is taking your money.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Entire office rude Dr G Sher said he was the only one who could help us when God couldn't Embryologist unskilled embryos tested normal but didn’t survive

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I have been to other fertility clinics who kept telling me I had no infertility issues and no explanation for not being pregnant. Sitting down with Dr Sher I figured out in five minutes what was wrong with us by looking at past clinics' paperwork, and was able to start us on an individualized plan. He was patient in waiting for us to get funding before we started and his staff quickly learned who I was and recognized me every time I came in - I wasn't just a number to them. Everyone is always attentive and nice, and I never wait more than five minutes for my appointments, save for one time Dr Sher was in another meeting and was 10 minutes late to the office - but it is always worth a short wait for him. Dr Sher went out of his way for us, giving us his personal cell phone number to call any time we had issues or questions. When I was sick from OHSS after our retrieval (an expected thing), he called my husband twice a day the entire week to make sure I was doing okay and to ask how I was feeling. It wasn't just his office staff calling once a week, or him calling after hours.. He would call in the middle of a work day when I know he was busy, calling between transfers and implantations and procedures to check up on me. He treats his patients with kindness and patience but also knows when to say what is needed - we could spend thousands of dollars with him wasting eggs trying again and again, but rather, he is a good enough doctor to put health and eggs first, recommending we try IVF just two times (if failure is unexplained) and use the rest of the eggs with a surrogate, saving me from another nasty retrieval and saving us from more failed heartache. I am grateful for his pure honesty in the process, letting us know everything we need to do, and being there for us by telling us what we need to hear, not just what we want to hear. The other clinics I went to told us that even if we failed - even unexplained - we would keep trying over and over until it happened, which isn't always the safest thing to do, especially for someone like me who gets so ill after egg retrievals that I don't eat or drink for a week at a time, needing an IV several times to be safe since I'm not consuming anything.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr sher is the McDonald's of infertility clinics. I would never recommend his practice to anyone. The experience below is exactly as we got as well with extremely poor service from his staffthrown in. We never spoke to any nurse about our plan. Whenever we asked a question about our treatment and what we are to do next the admin/finance person replied, rather than an actual fertility nurse. It seems money is of greater importance than your treatment

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

This doctor is nothing but a good salesperson. He offers the world and then blames God when he can't produce. Staff is great when you're paying thousands of dollars. Look up ivf success rates website and see this physician is not even in the top 30 successful IVF

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

We had great consultation on Skype. Dr. Sher is very compassionate, positive, and most importantly he knows what he is doing. AMAZING DOCTOR and I AM SO HAPPY THAT I AM IN GOOD HANDS. Like a comment below, I wish Dr. Sher NEVER retires!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I wish Dr Sher never retires! He surely is a Gift from God!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Dr. Sher and his team are the best! They are so good at what they do and very friendly. He gave me his cell phone number which I could call at any time (and I did). He always returned my phone call the same day and was happy to do so. I felt like he really cared and now I am 15 weeks pregnant! I wish I found him years ago! Don't go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr. Geoffrey Sher's Credentials

• Univ Of Stellenbosch, Fac Of Med, Tygerberg, So Africa (Grad. 1968)

Amerigroup