Ratings for Dr. Nima Salari, Specialist In Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery

I highly recommend Dr. Salari as he is very knowledgeable and an excellent surgeon. After two months of excruciating back pain and seeing several other Doctors, who could not diagnose the issue, Dr. Salari new exactly the problem with my back. I was scared to have back surgery. Dr. Salari explained what needed to be done to allow me to be comfortable with surgery. The DISC staff is friendly, caring, and helpful. I can now function and live my life again. Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2019

Dr. Salari and staff were very nice and professional and my back feels way better I would definitely recommend him and already have.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2019

Having osteoarthritis in my lower back, I blew it out one day and my family Dr. had given me a steroid regiment and it fixed my stiffness, however I had sharp pain in both legs. He suggested a spine pain specialist, but after 3 steroid injections, nothing worked. They suggested I see Dr Nima Salari. After Dr. Salari looked at my MRI, he know right away the issue. Made an appointment for surgery. Was the best thing I did and had the best surgeon to perform the surgery. Within one day, the pain was gone and I feel great. Did not even need pain medication after surgery. Pain free. I could not be happier by choosing Dr. Salari. The staff at DISC is also fantastic. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2019

One of the best doctors I've ever had! Great bedside manor, knowledgeable and just a wonderful doctor who helped me with my neck pain!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2019

Dr Salari performed L5-S1 anterior lumbar interbody fusion with posterior fixation on January 24th 2019. I was walking that evening and released the next day. Today marks 8 weeks post op and I am recovering and keep getting stronger. He explained I was not a candidate for less invasive surgery but that this procedure would correct issues with my back and I'd be able to walk and hike within a few months. He was correct and I am averaging 3-5 miles a day. Thank you Dr Salari.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2019

From the moment I met with Dr. Salari till the day I left his office for my final visit, he was everything a person would want in a doctor. THE BEST!!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2019

From the moment I entered the office, until after my surgery, it has been nothing but positive. Pain free after 2 years of constant pain, my whole life has changed. Dr. Salari is my hero. I recommend him and his staff to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2019

Excellent doctor! Gave me my life back. Thank you Dr. Salari!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

I am a 61 year old male who has endured over 10 years of sciatic and lumbar pain. Tried chiropractic, acupuncture, epidural injections, and selective nerve root blocks, some with better results than others. I couldn't sit for more than an hour, and I was having to have root blocks every 6 months. Rather than simply addressing the symptoms, I set an appointment to see Dr. Solari. My wife and I could not have been happier. From the initial and extensive consult with Dr. Solari and his PA Nick Davis, through the surgery (fusion of L4 and L5), and then the follow up visits, they and the entire D.I.S.C. staff have been incredible. After two weeks I was walking without a brace, after 3 weeks returned to the gym and dancing, and am now scheduled to go skiing in December and commence high school baseball umpiring in February; 6 months after surgery. Dr. Solari and Nick are patient, knowledgeable, great bedside manner, and exude a quiet confidence in knowing their craft. I would highly recommend Dr. Solari and D.I.S.C.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

I got a recommendation to this doctor and Dr. Anthony Yeung from 2 friends 2 years ago after suffering with severe sciatica for 10 years. Dr. Salari and the entire staff was so kind and efficient. I live 6 hours from the office and they offered me an alternative of sending all my records for an evaluation so I would have to just come for preop and treatment. I wanted to meet them 1st, though. I had to have a little more surgery because I had waited too long but it was totally successful unlike other friends who still have pain. When my husband started having problems this year that got really painful, we didn't even bother calling other doctors our orthopedist recommended. He was in and out in 1 day and totally pain free since. They even called the house for 1 of the follow ups so we wouldn't have to drive the 6 hours 1 way. Nick, Dr. Salari's PA always returns calls if the doctor can't. He is very knowledgeable too . Just love the entire office staff too. Excellent care, excellent staff, and most excellent surgeons and physician assistants.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

Dr. Nima Salari,  Specialist In Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery

Dr. Nima Salari, Specialist In Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery's response
Thank you so much for the kind words! Glad you are doing well!

Submitted September 13, 2018

Dr. Nima Salari, Specialist In Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Salari is a Board Certified, Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Spine Surgeon with specialized training in the operative and non-operative treatment of pathologic conditions affecting the spine. His expertise in minimally invasive, tissue-sparing approaches allows for the fastest recovery times and minimizes postoperative pain. He has published numerous articles and book chapters on the topic of minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Salari teaches at national and international courses in the latest laser-assisted endoscopic techniques and image-guided surgeries. He serves as a contributing team physician for local collegiate and professional sports teams. After spending his high school years in Germany, he enrolled in the Bioengineering program at the University of Pittsburgh. A University Scholar and on the Dean’s List, he graduated Summa Cum Laude with honors in 2003. He then received his M.D. degree from Temple University, and earned membership in the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Society in 2006. Dr. Salari completed his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital in 2012. He then went on to complete a fellowship dedicated to spine surgery at Stanford University. Dr. Salari rapidly earned top marks with his patients and peer recognition as a PHOENIX magazine “Top Doc.” In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Salari has been involved in various orthopedic research projects involving the musculoskeletal system. He is a member of many professional organizations, including the North American Spine Society, and the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons. In his free time, Dr. Salari enjoys travel, various sports activities, and spending time with his family.

• English
  • German

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)
  • University of Pittsburgh (Grad. 2003)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2012)
  • Stanford University (Grad. 2013)

• Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery