Ratings for Dr. Ronald J. Vilela

He does not waste time with alot of small talk like lots of doctors will do. He does his job and respects my time also. He removed plastic from my sons ear without traumatizing him more than pediatrician had done. He did this so quickly my child didn't have time to cry

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr Vilela is at best rude and at worst a horrible doctor. He told me my daughter might need tubes in her ears at 3 months old. "why was I even seeing him" (my daughter failed the newborn screening several times) Thank GOD I got a 2nd opinion because we found out she is deaf. ZERO percent fluid in her ears, she is now 7 months old and wearing a hearing aid. Had I listened to him she would have had surgery for no reason not to mention a learning disability for being deaf and undiagnosed. This is truly he scariest thing I can imigane for a baby. He also doesnt show up for his scheduled appts. Anyone with a small child should seriously worry about this guy!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

His nurse was not very knowledge about what Texas Children where she works have? Give out the answer without research. Provided wrong information. Doctor was very late for appointment, not friendly, not spend enough time with the patient. Doesn't seem to care or feel for what patient going through. Front desk is very nice and more friendly then the doctor and his nurse.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Front desk staff not friendly. Vilela not very kid friendly. Does not answer questions or care to explain to parents. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

Dr. Ronald J. Vilela's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 2002)