Dr. Jothi Murali's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Murali is a Cum Laude graduate of Columbia University and earned her medical degree at Emory University School of Medicine. She completed her Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, and General Surgery Internship at Brown Alpert Medical School/ Rhode Island Hospital. Her Sports Medicine Fellowship was at University of California Davis, where she took care of professional, college, and high school athletes. When not in the office, operating room, or on the sidelines of the athletic field, you can find her participating in adult sports leagues (soccer, basketball, and tennis), surfing on the coast, hiking or snowboarding in Tahoe, or running with her dog. She was lured to California by the perfect weather, but still supports her Boston-based professional and college teams.
- Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
Publications & Research
- Murali J, Fadale P, Monchik K. Congenital Absence of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament. Med Sci Sports Exer 2012 Vol 44:5 Supp.
- Pidgeon T, Borenstein T, Daniels A, Murali J, Hayda R. Understanding Multiple Sclerosis: Essentials for the Orthopaedic Surgeon. JBJS Reviews 2014 Vol 2(7):1.
- Murali J, Shalvoy R, Drewniak-Watts EI, D’Andrea SE. Knee Rotational Kinematics after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Computer Navigation. Med Sci Sports Exer 2012 Vol 44:5 Supp.
- Cannada L, Taghizadeh S, Murali J, Obremskey WT, DeCook C, Bosse MJ. Retrograde Intramedullary Nailing in Treatment of Bilateral Femur Fractures. J Orthop Trauma 2008 Sep;22(8):530-4.
- Murali J. “Orthopaedics for Medical Students” in The Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society Guide for Women in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Park HY, Phillips T, Kroon C, Murali J, Seah C. Noncontact Thermal Wound Therapy Counteracts the Effects of Chronic Wound Fluid on Cell Cycle-Regulatory Proteins. WOUNDS 2001; 13(4):136-142.