Ratings for Dr. Mark L. Prasarn

He is cocky and offensive. Showed no compassion. He tried to belittle me. Can't get past his own ego! Select another surgeon!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Excellent physician!! Dr. Prasarn performed a fusion on my neck about a year ago. I was very pleased with the outcome. He is very thorough and nice person above all. I would recommend him and his team to anyone that is suffering from neck or back pain.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

As a Trauma ICU nursing having worked alongside Dr. Prasarn for over 5 years I always told people that if I ever needed my spine operated on, he would be the only person I would want to do it. That was a statement that I hoped I would never have to cash in on but over the past summer I herniated a disc at C6-C7 in a car accident. I experienced a good bit of pain and arm weakness as a result. After seeing Dr. Prasarn and having an MRI, I found myself in the OR having an Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion. I am now about 5 months post op, pain free, weakness gone, and back to working out and running regularly. I simply can not recommend Dr. Prasarn enough. He is the best there is and extremely thorough and caring. Between Dr. Prasarn and his amazing PA Kim, I was always well informed, taken care of, and followed up with. Again, aside from being a patient myself, after working as a Trauma ICU nurse and taking care of countless numbers of his patients, I would absolutely recommend him to anyone. I now live over 1500 miles from Houston but would come back to him in a second if I (hopefully never!) ever needed spine surgery again!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Everything about this experience - diagnosis, treatment/surgery, follow up was exceptional. Friendly staff, efficient clinic operation and knowledgeable and caring physician. He listened to my concerns and addressed them every time. I would recommend Dr. Prasarn and his team to anyone and everyone. I can't say enough good things about it all. Best physician I've had.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Prasarn did not seem to care about my medical condition from the first doctors visit , also I called many times to get my MRI review and never received a call back. When I finally did receive a call from having to all numerous times, he had his physicians assistant call me and pretty much said my condition wasn't severe. Along with no recommendations, I have been living in pain for 4 years from three herniated disks , gone through physical therapy and injections ; nothing helped. The fact that they said pretty much they could do nothing for me enraged me . I went to Dr. Prasarn for help, a second option and relief but he did not help what's so ever. Normally I do not give reviews if i had a bad experience but this one was horrible and set me back almost $600 for nothing. I am furious.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Do not waste your time with this doctor. My pain management doctor told me it was time to find a surgeon. After waiting 3 weeks to get in I drove 4 hours to see Dr Prasarn because he was Recommended by a friend. He reviewed my MRI for only a moment and spent maybe 5 minutes in the room before telling me he couldn't help me. Next time I WILL find a doctor to review the MRI ahead of time. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr. Prasarn saved me from having an unnecessary surgery being pushed on me by a neurosurgeon. His advice to exercise and simple time and patience were all I needed to get onto the road to recovery. I feel can not believe I almost had surgery unnecessarily. Dr. Prasarn is an outstanding physician I would recommend him to any friend or family member.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Dr. Prasarn is an excellent doctor. Im 17 years old, He saved my life, fixed my whole spine, and motivated me to continue my normal life. I had a 4 wheeler accident on Sep 26,2011, I broke 2 spinal vertebraes and 8 fractured vertebraes. Had surgery on Sep 29, 2011. My back is fixed now, i had a fast recovery. I have a huge role in my High School Varsity Soccer team, Starting Right Defender. Dr.Prasarn helped me through my recovery from every appointment I had. Now since January 1st, 2012 I can play contact sports, Thanks to Dr.Prasarn im back to normal and playing the sport i love. I recommend this excellent doctor that saved my back.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Amazing Doctor , Great Bedside manner. Very Knowledgeable and skilled .

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Dr. Mark L. Prasarn's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Henry Ford / HAP