Ratings for Dr. Benjamin M. O'Donnell

I went to Dr. Odonnell for rapid weight gain. He ran a cortisol test,tsh, and a1c,which he said was normal. I have pcos, history of gestational diabetes, and family history of type 2 diabetes. I asked him if I could take metformin and he refused to prescribe it, but kept pushing the new diet drug qysmia, and told me to eat less than I am(told me to eat 1200 calories instead of 1500 calories). By the way, i exercise and write down everything I eat, so gaining 20 pounds in less than a year makes no sense. He was of no help at all, and now I have to find a new dr, because after a month of a 1200 calorie diet, I gained a pound! I think dr odonnell has fat bias and believes I was lying about how much I eat and exercise. He never ran a full thyroid panel or checked my insulin levels, so he really doesn't know if I really have a health problem. In fact, the only test he ran that was different than my pcp,was the cortisol test. He was nice but dismissive.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014