Ratings for Dr. Donald S. Stewart

I went to see Dr Stewart because my doctor is sick on medical leave. What a mistake! This guy is arrogant and crazy.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr Donald Stewart is the very WORST Dr I have been too He ruined my feet. I would never recommend him to anyone. His knowledge' helpfulness & his staff were terrible. Not a good experience!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

If you have a simple problem then I'm sure Dr. Stewart will be great for you. However, if you have a complicated problem he will lead you on and act like he might do surgery while he has you try non-operative solutions. But in the end if the non-operative solutions (of which you'll find some are not covered by insurance and can be VERY expensive) don't work for you he may go with his 'gut' feeling and choose not to operate (even though he will have convinced you that he's prepared to up to that point) and refer you to other doctors. My advice is that if you aren't interested in his non-operative options and you feel that surgery is the best route for you, then don't let him lead you on for a long time trying to jump through his hoops thinking he'll operate because you may just be wasting your time. To be clear, my wife's situation is complicated and I can totally understand why doctors don't want to touch her. If he had said upfront that he might choose not to operate then I would have respected that, but he gave his word that he wouldn't "monkey around" leading us on and then not operate if no suitable alternative solutions panned out... and he broke his word.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Waited a long time. Doctor was late, X-ray was late. Waited over 1 hour. The doctor was very curt and gave little useful information. He sells ankle braces in his office. When asked if it was covered by insurance they said they didn't know. When asked what it would cost if insurance didn't cover they didn't know. Got a bill for $179 for an elastic ankle brace from Germany that costs $30 or less at the drugstore. My experience was very disappointing. I would not go back to see him or go to their clinic based on their billing for non covered items. Selling overpriced stuff to patients doesn't seem right. The doctor seem bothered and rushed and I didn't get all my questions asked.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr. Stewart had to rebuild my Achilles tendon. He did an excellent job! I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needs foot surgery! (Please note that he recently made a huge staff change and that has greatly affected his office atmosphere!) The office's in-house physical therapy is also very good. I cannot tell you how impressed I was with Dr. Stewart's care. He was highly recommended by two other doctors and they did not steer me wrong.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

This is a horrible doctor's office. I am sad that I used their "service." Now I must return to work with an injured foot and I can't get anyone in the office to help me at all. I have never experienced this kind of situation in having to take time off work so all I was requesting was guidance and help of which I received none. I did receive horrible attitudes and accusations. I hope that this office learns to take better care of their patients because the level of care I received was VERY sub par.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Dr. Stewart seemed very nice when I first met with him but I quickly learned that he did not want bothered with my questions or concerns. His office staff were rude and very unaccommodating to a simple physician's note. His office nurse is the WORST! She does not return phone calls!!! I went to this doctor to get help for chronic pain and all I got was a bill!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Dr. Stewart was friendly and helpful before surgery. After the surgery he was extremely rude and said he didn't have time to answer questions. I recommend using somebody else. His nurse and people in office are great it is sad that he is a terrible Dr. STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Rudeness the doc is so is the staff .don't care about. The people he don't .sends you back to work with a broken foot b4 its time .don't trust

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Dr. Stewart and his nurse are great. Arlington Orthopedics office staff has major problems.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Dr. Donald S. Stewart's Credentials

• Vietnamese

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 2002)