Ratings for Dr. Deepali Chand

Dr. Chand has been my doctor about 4 years. Not because I like her, because I was stuck. I feel I am routine case with depression and anxiety. I started going to her because my doctor retired and video simply needed my scripts filled. She started by changing my meds against much protest. She did not like me using Xanax and wellbruiton (sp) and changed all my meds. 3 months of one meds, 3 months on another. I continued to ask to just go back to my original meds and she acted if I didn't care about myself and said I was stubborn. She made me returns every 3 weeks. Appointments consisted of counting my pills, asking how many drinks I've had and if I was smoking or using other drugs. I don't do any of them, but she never changed. One of the meds she put me on caused quick weight gain and I already struggled with my weight. I was depressed and angry with my weight gain and she said I needed to see a doctor to deal with my self image and I had a eating disorder. I am about 25 pounds overweight and this medicine caused an addition 11 pounds in 3 weeks. I was pissed. She was rude and acted like again I was unwilling to help myself. My insurance changed and new doctors didn't accept it or they weren't taking new patients. She was often 45 to an hour late with little apology. Once I was 20 minutes late and she said she wouldn't see me and I would have to pay for a missed appt. I was very mad and the office new it. She moved to a new office which is horrible. The poor secretary was overworked and tried, couldn't do anything about the hour plus waiting time. This time I got my 3 month script by mail and an addutional month to cover while the mail order processed. I finally have 4 months to find a new doctor to give me the same depression meds I started with when I started seeing her. I am off the anxiety pills believe it or not after the medicine change rollar coaster ride. Do not see this horrible, judgmental, uncaring doctor.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews ... but I guess I shouldn't be considering the range of people Dr. Chand must see. I've seen her for the past 5 years and she has been very helpful, respectful and considerate. She has gotten me through tough times and is very knowledgeable of medications. I do think that mostly people leave negative reviews when they have a bad experience but few comment when they are happy ... so I'm glad I decided to post today. If you base coming to a doctor on 16 reviews made by bitter people then you are just stupid! She must see many people and I'm sure most of them are happy with her services like I am! She's very thorough and has been the first doctor to diagnose and treat my condition properly!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I concur with what others have said regarding rudeness, punctuality, pill counting, etc. The last straw for me was when she told me that she would be on maternity leave. I said that until that day I'd never even seen that she was pregnant. Her response was, "You aren't very observant then." Wow! I had been seeing her every 3 -4 weeks for a year. Talk about rude. And for someone with low self-esteem, depression, and anxiety it was the polar opposite of supportive. Do. Not. See. This. Woman.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

On my initial visit I felt she was VERY judgmental and very condescending. She wrote lots and said very little. She did not talk much with me during my visits and told me once that her job was to prescribe medicine and a psychologist in the group was the one to whom I should talk. ? I felt the visits were eventually to frequent. I told her about a medicine whose effects I did not like and I felt there was no understanding and she kept me on it! I feel she was totally detached and that she is without compassion and concern . I agree with pill counting...I have NEVER felt she trusted me. I think she is arrogant. She could be somewhat nasty with office people - it was her tone of voice and the way she said things. I have never felt comfortable with her and finally asked myself why am I continuing to see her?! I would never ever recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Chan should not be called a Doctor. She is just money grubbing. I was referred to her by another dr. Instead of trying to help me with a condition, I've had for years & taken the same medication for, all she wanted to do was count my non narcotic prescription pills. She scheduled repeated unnecessary visits to count these pills & renew the prescription. Even charged $125 for yet another unnecessary, but missed, appointment. Do not use this Doctor, she will treat you like an idiot & take your money!!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I agree TOTALLY with all others. She is VERY rude, belittling and arrogant. A true B****! Counting my Lexapro every two weeks? REALLY? Never once offered real therapy or teach coping techniques. TERRIBLE!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Like all the other comments before I agree "Dr. Chand" is very rude and belittling. She tried charging me for a missed appointment when it was a receptionist error. She didn't bel me when I tried explaining it to her. Luckily one of my other Drs in the building was able to talk to her. She really does not care about the people she is supposed to be helping. She was late to every appointment I had with her and she did not once apologize

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Transferred over to her, totally stable on my meds - she wants me back in 2 weeks and to bring all my meds so she can count the pills! Receiving therapy for self injury among other things, told me I couldn't see her if I self injured again. So I can magically stop what I've been receiving treatment for (and have improved gradually) the past 2 years just because she threatens not to treat me? Zero tact when asking history about abuse that caused PTSD and got annoyed when I put an end to those questions. She works 3 days a week yet has open appts and wants people back every 2 weeks, she's just trying to keep business going! I won't be returning.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Dr Chand is basically an over paid pill counter. She is extremely rude and arrogant. She had the gall to take a phone call during my visit and accused me of trying to game the system. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I have to agree with the other reviews. We too find that we are asked to come in at a much higher frequency, compared to any other psychiatrist that we have used. Dr. Chand is not friendly, but is very cold and lacks affect. She obsesses about counting pills and us bringing in the bottles, then says she can't touch them and asks how many there are? I understand her concern for medication abuse, but as far as a good relationship and therapeutic rapport, she doesn't trust her patients so why would they trust her? She has a way of making people feel that they are inferior by the way she talks to them. We are trying to find another provider ASAP. We felt like the frequent visits were based on her need to make money because of her inflexibility and she doesn't seem to enjoy her work.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Dr. Deepali Chand's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)