Ratings for Dr. Rafah S. Alsahlani

Staff is very rude. Dr doesn't listen to concerns and rushes you out of appointment

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Alsahlani and my family's experience with her was neglectful and life threatening. Please do not seek this woman's treatment. She mismanaged a loved one's medication, gave a poor diagnosis with out consultation with family, and neglected emergency calls which ultimately led to a near death experience. There are much higher quality doctors at St. Joseph Barrow Neurological Institute. If this review can help one person to seek better and more qualified treatment I will be grateful.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Needed pain med options.) 1St message I left....her response?.. she will not prescribe anymore pain meds/narcotics, but I can't/never asked for narcotics. She didn't leave an alternative so I left 2nd message of what dosage i take for over counter meds.. her response?..that I see a pain specialist which I am soon. But she wouldn't even tell me the dosage I can take so I won't get sick. I assume that's a liability,doctors vow to help patients not leave them hanging in pain until I see the doc'.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Absolutely flipping WORST doc (if you could call her that) in the world!! No bedside manner, no empathy whatsoever. I saw her about 5 yrs ago scared and in horrific pain. This after suffering in silence with what I now know as Chronic Migraine and having no insurance I finally got some and ended up in her office. Days after a major, my first Hemiplegic or Complicated migraine. Long story but I have severe chronic Migraine TN, and ON, which were all undiagnosed at that time. I was at a 15 pain scale, crying and holding back screams. She basically pushed me out the door,only tried me on high doses of Gabapentin and Topamax, one wrongly injected Occipital Nerve Block. When I had no relief whatsoever from these and felt horrible from side effects, she didn't cut back doses or try something else. She just basically said there was nothing she could do for me. Told me I needed psychological help and pain management. This was all after seeing me over 2 mo, all the tests done in her office had no reports, my next (awesome Neuro at Barrows) was shocked she didn't write any reports and how my husband and I had been treated. I did suffer what I felt was a complete change of life experience to where if it wasn't for my kids, husband and God, I'm afraid I don't know what would have happened to me. The mind game she threw on me making me think I had mental issues and overlooking my severe pain , was beyond cruel and sickening. I'm so thankful to be away from her, have my life, even though I still have constant head pain, I have a wonderful Neurologist Resident and headache specialist She works with at Barrows.(Kerry Kenievl) what a learning experience and a rough start at the beginning of my head/ face pain journey. I will never give up and so thankful I didn't even though Asahalani seriously almost pushed me to. I see her as the devil. For real!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I have seen her many times and she has very much helped me over the past 2 years. She has a busy practice but I feel she always makes time for me and explains things to me. She is very compassionate and I trust her with my care.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I saw the Dr 45 minutes late. She was very abrupt and I could have looked up my problem in a PDR and felt like I got more empathy... She obviously did not like this old man and the feeling is mutual!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

I was seen several times by her in the hospital and office, she seems knowledgeable. She did push the Botox injections on me, and I got one treatment. I ended up having itching sensation in the area after the shots and she kept insisting that it wasn't from the shots, and that I needed to take Benedryl. She gave me a dose of steroids, helped some, but I was still itching after two weeks. I called and left a message with the office staff and that I would like her to call me back, she failed to call me. I called another time because I had some issues that needed to be addressed, I left a message, and didn't receive a return call. Anytime that I had a migraine that wasn't going away, I would call the office and they would just tell me she said go to the emergency room. I was told by two other neurologist that I have a malformation in my skull...I even contacted a neurosurgeon at Barrow's, who said I have it, but need another MRI to be seen. She said I didn't have the malformation because it wasn't in the report from the hospital (I had the hospital send my images to the neurosurgeon). She finally said that I need to see the neurosurgeon, but failed to give me the order for the MRI that he requested. After my last hospital stay, she saw me in the hospital, they told her that I need the order for the MRI and she told the hospital that I was referred to Barrow's. A couple days later I got a letter in the mail stating that she has terminated me as a patient with the reason being failure to establish rapport.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

Friendly, helpful staff. Dr. Alsahlani was knowledgeable & attentitive & explained everything well. I was very happy with my visit

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

When I first started going to Dr Alsahlani, she took ample time with me, but it seemed after she came back from maternity leave she was always rushed and had no time for explanations or discussions. When I read another report on this site which stated (regarding Dr Alsahlani), "She said her own mother has the same tumor, and told her not to get a 2nd opinion cause they are common tumors" I was sort of taken aback because Dr Alsahlani often uses the mention of her mother as a example which is supposed to make the patient feel more confident with her decisions or recommendations. When I asked Dr Alsahlani about a medication I was on which another doctor questioned, Dr Alsahlani's response was she put her own mother on the medicine so I should know it's safe. At the time that was consoling, but I began to wonder when I heard her state something similar about a different medicine to another patient. Now I read this and am uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Worse bedside manner ever experienced. Came in crying and scared and rather than being empathetic, treated me like a bother. She didn't give me longer than 60 seconds to explain my symptoms and history with chronic migraines...all she was worried about was getting rid of me but not before trying to sell me on botox injections so she could get her kickback...the lady needs to go back to medical school and learn manners and compassion for sick people..Do Not Waste Your Time

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Dr. Rafah S. Alsahlani's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2006)