Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Hallak

I believe Dr. Nicholas Hallak pressured me into a totally unnecessary Cesarean-section. I wanted a natural birth but Hallak insisted that my water needed to be broken "to speed things up." I was in full labor for about two hours and Hallak claimed that was too long, my pelvis was "too narrow" for birth, etc. There were absolutely NO signs of stress on the baby's monitor but Hallak scared me into believing that my baby was going to die if I didn't go under the knife. I didn't get to see or hold my baby until an hour after they cut her out of me. Recovery was awful; bonding with Baby difficult. Two years later, after a couple initial visits to Hallak, I found a different doctor seventy (70) miles away and gave birth NATURALLY to a baby boy significantly bigger in every way (weight, length, head circumference). Recovery and bonding was so much easier! Narrow pelvis? More like an impatient doctor looking for a bigger payout via surgery! Would NEVER recommend.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014