Ratings for Dr. Jamin Houser

Bottom line: I received around a dozen big and clunky crowns from a dentist, and ultimately went to Dr. Jamin Houser to correct my "bite" as I could no longer close my mouth properly. Houser ground the crowns down too much and now my mouth over-closes. As a result, I’m now with a neuro-muscular dentist who has worked for the last 4 months to correct my "bite" via a dental device, and who ultimately replaced all the crowns on my lower jaw and crowned the remaining natural teeth to permanently correct the bite. My former dentist who placed the “big” crowns, voluntarily helped to defray my $12,000 dental bill to repair my “bite” problem, but Dr. Houser refused to even return the money I paid him out of pocket to fix my bite so I could close my mouth again. When made aware of the situation, he had ample opportunity to invite me to return to his office to try to fix the problem himself but, instead, he chose to ignore me until, four months after our initial correspondence, when I requested compensation to help defray the cost of my upcoming dental procedure. In that final email, Houser admitted NO guilt, and insisted his “minor adjustments” did NOT result in “over-biting mouth” problem. As far as I’m concerned, this was completely unprofessional on Dr. Houser’s part. I went to him because I couldn’t close my mouth; and in the end, he ground my crowns down so far that my condyles are “pointy” from my “over-closing” mouth. And so, between these two dentists – both of whom I trusted - I’ve been forced to live with major pain for at least a year and a half.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017