Ratings for Dr. Nauman J. Akhtar

I can't thank Dr Ahktar enough for the wonderful care and concern he showed me and my wife before, during and after my total left hip replacement. I had fully explained to him the serious issues I had faced dealing with the anesthesia and opioids when I had my knees replaced in 2001 & 2013. At one point I even considered canceling my hip surgery due to the fear and anxiety I felt as the surgery date approached. Dr Ahktar took the time to work out a viable alternative to the opioid sensitivity issue and with assistance from Dr Harris the anesthesiologist everything went extremely well. I would recommend Dr Nauman Ahktar to any of my friends or family facing joint replacement.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr. Akhtar performed shoulder surgery on me. Was very thorough in explaining injury and procedures required to repair. Surgery went well - minimal pain a day or 2 after surgery, almost no pain a few days following surgery. Currently in PT now.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Both of my daughter's had a great experience with Dr. Akhtar. One daughter had a knee problem and the other daughter had lower back problems. They both made a quick recovery! He is very personable and easy to talk to!!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I would highly recommend Dr Akhtar. He is very nice and knows his stuff!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

My son had a GREAT experience with Dr. Akhtar and his staff! He was very informative with us and with my son about his break. The waiting room time wasn't bad at all. High class physician, I would definitely recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr. Akhtar was very helpful to me and my husband when we went to see him for knee and shoulder injuries. He took the time to evaluate our injuries and offered great advice for therapy/exercises to help with the healing process.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

This man left me in terrible pain after putting in a partial knee replacement, he refused to find the source of the pain telling me it was all in my head. Terrible follow up care.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

Dr Akhtar performed a total hip replacement revision on me. Except for the surgical pain immediately after surgery, I was just about pain free. He fixed another (unnamed) surgeon's medical error and has given me quality back to my life. Thank you, Dr. Akhtar.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

This doctor has no ethics. He is questioning why he has to spend additional time with me when he usually spends 15 to 20 min with all his patients. What 30 min and answering my questions is not part of your job??? My insurance paid over 800 for you to just refer me to another doctor. He kept pushing me to have surgery. I regret going g to see him and would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Akhtar is very quick to dismiss issues as something minor without taking the proper steps to determine the actual problem. He should not see pediatric patients as he lacks the proper knowledge to make an accurate diagnosis. My son's was denied an MRI because Dr. Akhtar dismissed his pain as "growing pains" when in fact he ultimately was diagnosed with a tumor on his pelvis.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Nauman J. Akhtar's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Assurant