You may also like

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Dr. Harrison performed a Bunionectomy, Bone Fusion, Gastroc Lengthening, and 1st MTP (Metatarsal Joint Fusion) after first recommending I try Metatarsal pads to see if I could get some relief. I was immediately impressed with Dr. Harrison in his approach, which started with a thorough examination including reviewing several images with me. As it turned out, I had more than a bunion issue, but several areas that were contributing to my pain and causing limitations in walking, as well as bike riding, which I love. Dr. Harrison is an excellent listener, and spends more than appropriate amount of time to make sure all issues and/or questions are covered. He is really outstanding. When I researched Dr. Harrison’s background prior to my surgery, I learned that he is a very accomplished Orthopedic doctor, in addition to an accomplished Mechanical Engineer, where he worked as a design engineer prior to pursing his M.D. specializing in foot and ankle. This level of expertise definitely increased my level of comfort, not that I needed that, but I just wanted to do my due diligence since my surgery was on the complicated side. Dr. Harrison completed his fellowship training at the Oakland Bone and Joint Specialist clinic under a very well-known and accomplished M.D., Roger Mann, who is the co-author of the most widely used orthopedic textbook on foot and ankle surgery. After reading about his level of training, multiple degrees and his level of professionalism I personally experienced, I had total confidence. My surgery went extremely well and all post operative care was handled in the most professional matter I could ever of expected.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr Matthew Harrison is an excellent doctor. I made an appointment to see him because my left foot hurt when I walked. Before my appointment, the nurse did an xray and when I met with the doctor, he reviewed it with me, asked me to walk across the room,and examined my foot to better understand the location of the pain. He then wrote a referral for physical therapy and provided guidelines for home care. He was patient and kind and thoroughly answered my questions. Santa Barbara is fortunate to have another orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the ankle and foot. I am confident that other patients who have seen him share my feelings.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Dr. Matthew J. Harrison's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is unprofessional, uncaring on a good day, defensive and questionable in intelligence "

October 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Harrison performed a Bunionectomy, Bone Fusion, Gastroc Lengthening, and 1st MTP (Metatarsal Joint Fusion) after first recommending I try Metatarsal pads to..."

June 3, 2015
  • First Name changed from "MATTHEW" to "MATTHEW J."

April 8, 2012