Ratings for Dr. James P. Walker

He quickly found the tooth that was bothering me and stayed late to take care of me. I was in so much pain, I was literally hysterical. He calmly explained my problem and got me out of pain. He is a very caring man.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2016

Dr. Walker saved my tooth that was looking like it was going need to be removed. It's been over five years and it is doing great. Nice office, staff and great attention to detail.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I went to Dr. Walker for an evaluation. Sitting down in the chair I noticed that there was no computer screen present. I was disappointed that a modern Specialist still uses radiographic film instead of true digital radiography. Dr. Walker did a very thorough examination and the diagnoses was (quote): “Irreversible Pulpitis”. I was advised to coordinate with a dentist for the crown placement after the root canal procedure. I also was shown the tiny film of my tooth but I could not tell anything from it. I actually consulted Dr. Walker for a second opinion to make sure nothing was missed at an earlier appointment with a Portland Edodontist, this Endodontist concluded (quote): “No endodontic treatment indicated”. Since discomfort was still present I went to a third Endodontist in Aloha who uses digital imaging on a very large screen. Again: No root canal at this time was recommended. The real reason for my discomfort was found, I consulted a new General Dentist and more digital x-rays where taken at least twice a year (on my request). It is now two years later and there is still no indication that I ever needed a root canal. I’m not questioning Dr. Walkers capability to perform a first rate procedure, I just consider myself lucky to have been somewhat suspicious and avoided the root canal procedure. It is confusing to me as a patient to understand why one Endodontist wanted to do a root canal and two others plus a Dentist saw no reason for it. I would recommend to anyone, if it’s not a clear cut case, get more than just one opinion to make sure you really need a root canal. As of the cost for each Endodontists Evaluation: Dr. Walker: $ 283.00, The Portland Endodontist: $ 148.00, The Aloha Endodontist: $ 149.00 (all included x-rays).

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Terrible bedside manners. Very poor communication.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Dr. James P. Walker's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Top Hospitals in Tualatin, OR