Ratings for Dr. Seth Kates

Strange how extreme these reviews are, in both directions. My sense is that Dr. Kates either has mood swings or maybe he just doesn't favor some people for personal reasons. Or, perhaps he just overbooks himself and is in a rush to get you out of there. All seem plausible. I find his impatience troubling, and he comes across as condescending and arrogant.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2019

Dr. Kates and his staff are excellent. We found the office staff courteous, friendly, and helpful. We've been patients of Dr. Kates for many years and have always appreciated his thoroughness in his exams, and thoughfulness in addressing our concerns. He's got a good sense of humor and is very professional.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

Hack job by this so-called surgeon. Needs a lesson on suturing. Staff obnoxious at front desk.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

It'd difficult to take seriously a dermatologist who have little knowledge about biotin - a vitamin that has a profound effect on the skin. He had promised to find out the appropriate test methods and level, and get back to me in 10-14 days. This was about 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I always appreciate Dr. Kates for his honesty, knowledge, and skill. I see him for general dermatology as well as botox and fillers. He never tries to talk me into anything. And he is very reassuring as I am typically anxious with needles. His skill with injecting makes these procedures as painless and fast as possible. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr Kate's , his Nurse Practitioners and Physcian Assistant are extremely knowledgable. You might have to wait a bit but totally worth it. The office staff are very outgoing and helpful. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I've been to Dr. Kates several times and I'm disappointed. I will not go back or recommend him. The environment is rushed (another reviewer referred to the office as a meat market and that seems accurate), he comes off as disinterested and he has appeared irritated when I have asked questions about a diagnosis or treatment. He as seemed unwilling to devote the time or energy required to make sure my concerns and questions are completely addressed. Make a diagnosis, prescribe a treatment and move on to the next patient as quickly as possible with as little friction as possible. That seems to be the model for the practice. If you are looking for a doctor who is all about understanding their patients with a calm, compassionate bedside manner, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Excellent & Kathy Rose ~ Excellent ~ 5 * Thank you & everyone in office is Great! Kathy Rose is the Best!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr. Kates have been my dermatologist for the past 10 years. He is very knowledgeable, smart and funny. He is the best with medical as well as cosmetic procedures. Great surgeon! Great injector! I would recommend 100%!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Finding a physician like Dr Seth Kates is very rare. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field and has answers through credible resources. I felt he truly cared about me as a patient and he is also one of the best cosmetic injectors for Botox and Juvederm that I have been to. It takes a lot for me to recommend someone unless it is deserved and I truly feel Seth Kates, MD is one of the best physicians I have been to.

Submitted August 26, 2013

Dr. Seth Kates's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)
  • Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1988)