Ratings for Dr. Jose L. Carrau

After my initial visit with Dr. Carrau that covered medical history, exam and ordering of several tests, Dr. Carrau's office called to report that they would not be able to keep my next appointment. The reason Dr. Carrau would not be able keep the appointment; CIGNA refused to grant a test he ordered until they received clarification and explanation for the test, when asked about the results of all the testing CIGNA did approve and/or responding to CIGNA's requests the staff was rude, and that Dr. didn't have the time to answer my insurance Carriers questions. CIGNA did approve all of Dr. Carrau's other test requests, and the staff informed me the results would be forwarded to my primary care physician, they were not and the office staff has been a nightmare trying to get the results forwarded.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Don't look for more than what is obvious ,untalented simple description

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Dr. Carrau has been my Neurologist for about half a year and honestly in my opinion he is the BEST Doctor I've gone to. He has a slight accent but is easy to understand. He listens to your problems and gives a detailed list of options to treat them. He makes you feel like your health actually matters. I'm always relaxed when I go to see him. If he has a concern with a medication and how it's reacting or what it may do he lets you know right away. He will sit down and explain your condition, how to treat it and answer any questions you may have. I've had Epilepsy for the past two years and I am SO grateful to have Dr. Carrau as my Neurologist.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012