Ratings for Dr. Bruce L. Hughes

I just got diagnosed with MS. Dr Hughes has been amazing and very informative!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr, Hughes has been excellent the entire time I have been his patient. I was diagnosed with MS last summer. He diagnosed me, set-up a plan, and we have implemented it. My symptoms have improved/stabilized. (take it day by day) I would recommend Dr. Hughes to anyone and have sent a friend his way recently.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

DR GAVE UP ON PT AS SOON AS HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON. PT HAVING FAINTING SPELLS, DID MRI, NO EEG TO CHECK FOR SEASURES. PT FAINTED DURING EXAMINATION AND HE YELLED AT HER "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!" DR. STATED "I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE." INSTEAD OF SEEKING REMIDY OR CAUSE, HE BLAMED IT ON DEPRESSION & LET. PT DID HAVE TREATMENT FOR MINOR DEPRESSION SITUATION, BUT DR. INSTEAD USED THIS AS AN EXCUSE TO LEAVE AND NOT MAKE PROPER DIAGNOSIS.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2011

Dr Hughes is arrogant, uncaring and inflexible. He will not think for himself in a complex situation. Nor does he care about a patient's subjective suffering. He is lauded as a great MS Dr, but takes $$$ from drug companies. I don't recommend him!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

He didnt seem to listen, he got hung up on something in my past that had nothing to do with what I was experiencing now. He would not even consider looking past it, so here I sit , still with terrible symptoms, no relief and no diagnosis.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Dr Hughes is the MS approved Dr in town, or should I say the MS puppet. He is callous, unimaginative, demeaning. I suffer everyday with MS and he wont even show me a little compasion. If you do see Dr Hughes, notice how little he examines you, how little eye contact he makes, how little he cares.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Very knowledgeable. Takes time to listen and answer your questions. Makes you feel comfortable and doesn't rush you. Wish all doctors were like this.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

He is very knowledgeable with MS. I can phone his nurse and get an answer the same day.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2006

Dr. Bruce L. Hughes's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1991)