Ratings for Dr. Robert Gazmararian

Went to see doctor Gazmarion due to a bulging disk in my neck which caused loss of strength and numbness in my left arm. Told the doctor the condition was causing me stress to which he replied suck it up and “put on your big boy pants”. His solution was for me to take large doses of Vicodin for weeks followed by an epidural. When I went in for the epidural procedure the performing doctor informed me that Gazmarion had ordered the procedure for the wrong side. Can’t really find anything positive to say about this guy…although if you take enough Vicodin his “Fireman Bob” stories can be amusing.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

Dr. G was straight forward, and matter of fact with X-rays, MRI results and treatment. He was explanatory and obviously very knowledgeable and even gave examples of needed stretches and excersises for my 13 year old to help speed recovery and get her back on the field. I'm not there to make a best friend, I'm there to fix my girl and he made us both feel that's what he's there for too. I respect straight talk.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

Wow! I had a great experience. After going around the houses, Dr. G immediately identified what was wrong with my knee and said I would need a knee replacement down the line. He suggested Synvisc One shots. He was kind and caring and introduced himself by his first name when he entered the room, which I saw as humility. I am surprised by the responses, but I have had some bad experiences, so I understand how one experience can be good or bad. However, I came in with my three (very noisy) children (ages 4, 9 and 11) and my kids loved him. They have not liked many doctors, and I have had to take them to quite a few appointments. They all gave him a hug on the way out. His PA Cyli (sp) was wonderful. They made me feel so at home. I have seen 19 doctors since March and had surgery and numberous procedures. And I can honestly say that Dr. G stands out to me as one of the kindest and most compassionate doctors I have seen. All the others made me feel like a crackpot. I felt like he cared.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

The first time I was with Dr Gaz 1-1/2 yrs ago I thought he was great. He's to the point and a "tell it like it is" doctor, I respect that. He knew I would be re-injured and left my case open for future medical. One and half yrs later I'm back in his office re-injured. However; this time he left me to go back to work and wouldn't put restrictions on me so I could heal properly. When I went in for my last appt and wanted to go back to work I made the mistake of telling him that I was mad at him for sending me back to work while still too injured. Well he didn't like that and started arguing with me and walked out mid-sentence and he even went as far as plugging his ears like a three yr old. He wouldn't answer my questions and accused me of wasting his time and that he won't be my doctor and talked over my questions. He walked away while I was still talking and left me standing there confused and upset. I remember him telling me way back that he didn't like workers comp cases.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

straight to the point.was very informative with all our options. handled our situation with complete professionalism and compassion for my daughter. explained conditions and procedures in terms that my daughter as well as us could understand. very thorough, made us very comfortable with a tough situation. does not load your kid up with meds like other doctors, he shows you how to help you heal your injury, before resorting to drastic measures. it may not work for lazy patients but works for us!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

this is a paper pusher. had me wait for over an hour. didn't even apologize. rude, disrespectful. would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

very disrespectful unprofessional, condescending no manners and has no idea nor does he care how a patient is feeling. thinks he is god and he thinks he knows more then the hand specialist. tell you to suck it up, go back to work regardless of the situation or how much it will cause you bigger problems. very sad since scoi has such a great reputation but has a bad seed amongst them

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

He is not a caring doctor. Did not spend time with the patient to understand the problem. Did not even check previous test results/MRI/X-Ray. Just ordered another X-Ray, told nothing wrong with you, go lift weights to the patient who had chronic pain.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Dr. Gazmarian is definitely not a "coddler." I would not use the word condescending as others have, but knows his stuff and will be straight up about diagnosing you. He was just what I needed, personally, to kick my butt into doing something about my back pain. He's not going to say, "oh, poor you" and spend lots of time listening to your history and holding your hand. If you need that from a doctor,he will not be a good fit for you. But if you want answers and a reality check-& you might not like what he says-but for me it was the best thing for me in the long run.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

I read other feedback prior to seeing this MD and know most are quick to criticize and slow to praise....however the criticisms proved to be true. All is good with Dr. Gazmarian until either a.) he decides he's done with you or b.) you question him. The reports provided me that were prepared by him were contradictory within. Workers Comp directed me back to him to try to put the pieces together and determine "what was what". His first words to me were "why are you here, I'm not your doctor?" Wow...was I stunned. When I presented the reports, he refused to look at them again stating he's not my doctor, "in spite of what Workers Comp is telling you". He was so busy listening to himself speak that there was no way I could get a word in edgewise. It is unfortunate for the rest of the wonderful doctors and staff at SCOI that someone such as Dr. Gazmarian continues to be a member of their practice. Don't see him if you want a truly compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

Dr. Robert Gazmararian's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Van Nuys, CA