Ratings for Dr. Jennifer T. Hanauer

Dr. Hanauer is a compassionate and patient woman. She is kind and understanding you get the feeling of knowing her personally and that she really cares about you. I have yet to meet any doctor I recommend as highly as her. Unfortunately I am not the only one who thinks this so it can be hard for new patients to get in.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

I have had three kids and used a different doctor for each. I am very particular about the doctors. Dr. Hanauer is really a great doctor and the best I have had so far. She is calm, does not rush you and stayed my whole delivery which was a very very long delivery! I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

Dr. Hanauer is an absolute gem and took such great care of me during my pregnancy. She has a terrific bedside manner, answered all of my questions thoroughly, and really cares about her patients. She delivered my twins via c-section. I was so nervous, but she kept me calm and at ease during the entire process. I healed nicely and am having a very smooth recovery. I highly recommend Dr.Hanauer! Her office can be busy at times, but the quality of care that you will receive is worth the wait!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

Wow! Being an physician myself, I have to say, what an incredible physician. Great bedside manners. Do not feel rushed, all questions answered. Would highly recommend. Staff, appropriately pleasant for how busy the office is. Definitely would refer my own patients to.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Dr. Hanauer is great. She's a genuine doc that takes her time with you and answers all your questions, worries, etc. The wait can be long at times though, and she fills up quick. Office staff is kind of hit or miss.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Dr. Hanauer was wonderful. Calm, encouraging, knowledgable, kind, and a good sense of humor. Strongly recommend her and her partner Dr. Dolisi. Her office was a little tired looking, but I know that they were moving so they could be in their new place by now. Big shout out to Paula who did the ultrasounds. The whole staff was great.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

She is the worst. Never cared how I felt during pregnancy. Was not concerned about my weight she kept saying oh its fine yea till I developed diabetes and preclampsia. And hypertension. She made me wait two weeks after my due date to finally decide to induce me. By that point my baby had to be admitted to the nicu. And to top it off she didn't even deliver my child Dr. Plancher did . It was the worst experience I ever had as a first time mom

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

She is truly the best. My due date was on her birthday and she scheuled my c-section for that day. I was amazed that she was willing to spend her special day creating my bady special day. Needless to say the baby came before the due date. But her gesture was well appreciated none the less.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Dr. Hanauer is literally the *best* gynocologist I've ever had. You'll feel like you're talking to your best friend. The first thing out of her mouth is to smile and ask if you have any questions or problems whatsoever. And then (gasp!) she'll *really* listen, and will answer you honestly and if need be, she will recommend reasonable tests or scans. She focuses on making a Pap smear as comfortable as possible (ladies, how difficult is that?!), and basically treats us patients like gold. Her staff is also very, very friendly (unlike many others, unfortunately) and if my wait for an appointment is long, it's because others know how rare a gem Dr. Hanauer is. If you want a checkup appt, just call a month ahead. Trust me, I'm the pickiest person ever, and Dr. Hanauer is worth the wait!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

She really is a great doc. but wait time is too long & I didn't get to see her till I was 6 months pregnant. Average wait time is 1-2 hrs everytime i go there. The wait time drained me when I was pregnant, but she is really nice and nurturing and explains things thoroughly. She really is a great doctor, but waiting for her is horrible and getting an appointment with her is horrible.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Dr. Jennifer T. Hanauer's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Hyde Park, NY