Ratings for Dr. Chad C. Zatezalo

I had six lower eyelid surgeries by different doctors who left my lids in a horrible condition. They were hanging, protruding and each looked different from the other. In trying to find the right doctor to fix them, I had consultations with three well know plastic surgeons who wouldn't touch my eyelids because of the prior damage, yet they all recommended (unknown to the other) the same surgeon, Dr. Chad Zatezalo. They said he was my best option in the DC/MD/VA area to fix it. Scared and not knowing what to do, I made an appointment with Dr ¸Zatezalo. He was very compassionate, caring and extremely knowledgeable about what happened to my lids and what he could do to fix them. Today, my eyes look marvelous. It is truly unbelievable what he did. I look like myself again. He did an excellent job and I could never thank him enough. I am so happy I found Dr Zatezalo.. You are truly the best...

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I was extremely pleased with the surgery that Dr. Zatezalo performed (brow lift and shifting of undereye fat). He's really a perfectionist which is exactly what you want when having a cosmetic procedure done. I was especially pleased that he only books two patients for surgery on the days he sets aside for surgery. That means he has the time to spend several hours on the procedure. He was very willing to answer questions and went out of his way to ensure that I was comfortable with all aspects of the surgery (pre and post procedure). This also involved a personal phone call from the doctor the day following the surgery. It really makes sense to go to a plastic surgeon who specializes in a particular area and I would therefore highly recommend Dr. Zatezalo for cosmetic eye procedures. His staff were also very helpful and responsive.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Awesome Doctor. I have seen 3 other ophthalmologist's and this guys was so thorough and helpful, I can not give enough praise. Anyways, I thought I would share my very positive experience.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

Dr. Chad C. Zatezalo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Chad Zatezalo relocated to the Washington area in 2012 from the renowned Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami Florida. After several fruitful years of practice at Washington Eye Physicians and Surgeons, he now heads a combined ophthalmology and oculofacial plastics center in North Bethesda and consults for several organizations including the Center for Facial Nerve Recovery. Dr. Zatezalo is a fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He specializes in ophthalmic plastics, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the eyelids, orbit, lacrimal system, upperface and midface, and surrounding tissue. His highly specialized training in both oculoplastics and ophthalmology allows him to understand the importance of the functional aspect of the eyelids while performing cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. As a well rounded oculoplastic surgeon, his scope of practice ranges from facial cosmetic surgery including facial rejuvenation, revisional surgeries, browplasty (forehead lift), blepharoplasty (lid lift), to eyelid cancers and reconstructions, tear drainage disorders, lid abnormalities, and orbital oncology and inflammatory disorders. Dr. Zatezalo also specializes in nonsurgical facial rejuvenation including laser resurfacing, neurotoxins (e.g. Botox, Dysport), dermal fillers (e.g. JuvéDerm, Restalyne), and surgical scars revisions. He has been an invited lecturer nationally and has published numerous articles and book chapters during his career. His research interests include methods to minimize surgical incision lines, intra-operative pain control, the use of high resolution ultrasound for lacrimal disorders, and the treatment of congenital anophthalmos. Dr. Zatezalo is committed to customizing results to achieve a natural youthful appearance for each patient.

• Spanish

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 2006)