Ratings for Dr. Carol Mellen

Dr. Mellen KNOWS what she is doing. When you meet with her, she s friendly and professional. Her experience and insight with the Family Court is everything I needed to help me through this devastating time. If any body has been married to a Narcissistic Sociopath, then you know how fearful this time can be. Dr. Carol can help you reorganize your thoughts and help you stay focused. She can bring out the person you know you are inside and give you a fighting chance. I am so thankful.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

I had to do a Court ordered evaluation and Dr. Mellen was assigned. I went to her office and I was greeted by her assistant Lisa. I was nervous and was asking Lisa about Dr. Mellen and what I should expect and what was going to happen in the process. She was very sincere and comforting and told me to just relax and let the process work, that Dr. Mellen knows what she is doing. She warned me that I may get frustrated at times but to be prepared and to just be open and honest about everything. That was the best advice because Dr. Mellen understood what I was trying to say all along through this horrible court process and thankfully, because of her evaluation, I have my child back. I can never say thank you enough to this woman and her assistant.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I must admit, it was pretty scary being court ordered to allow a psychologist judge your parenting. I called and grilled Dr. Mellon's assistant with questions, concerned about putting the future visitation with my daughter in a strangers hands. My first meeting with Dr. Mellen was frustrating as I was eager to pour my heart and pain in to the session and she spent over an hour explaining the process. I thought.......this lady is wasting my money! By the end of the session I felt comforted with both her process and experience. It was a long and expensive process, but I felt Dr, Mellen was fair and kept our child's welfare as her first priority. My attorney warned me that going through this process may leave both parties unhappy, especially if one party doesn't get their way. Not every dirty secret or vent session about my ex was considered or included in the report, but her job was not to muddle through every story and determine the truth. Her knowledge and experience was undeniable and she was great with our child on all three visits. I would definitely recommend her services to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

She is only in it for the money. Did not listen to my children. Filing formal complaint...over $20,000.00!!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Unbelievable ----- First of all, she does not know who she even talked to.....called one person a 'she' when it was a 'he'; money-hungry. RUN if you get assigned to her by a court. I have seen through the years reports on her and looking like things did not change - that she was intent ONLY on the money. Here's how it should be: Interview dad, interview mom, interview kids, interview collatterral, write up report - DONE. So how does this take ALMOST 2 years? The amount of money me and my new spouse paid to her should at least buy a TOP SPOT in line. As my wife said, I hope she enjoyed decorating that new Scottsdale office with MY money. Son's comments were backwards and not valid. RUN!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

During the entire process she was more concerned about how her jewelry looked than what was actually being said. She spent one year conducting the family evaluation yet only saw the children maybe 5 times. In her report she stated things that I never said and later confirmed were un true. she is extremely money hungry and all she cares about is money. She is biased towards single mothers. she has issuers of her own and needs therapy.Her testing methods were ancient from 30 years ago. Wake up lady its the 21 century. She truly does not care about the welfare of her clients and the fact that peoples and children's lives are in her hands. stay away from her

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

When interviewing with Dr Mellen it felt like she was not even in the room. Her cell phone goes off a lot. She'll take phone calls while you're in the room with her during the session. Her assistant Lisa will come into the room and interrupt your session to speak to Dr Mellen about issues of other cases. She does not spend the appropriate amount of time required for evaluation the standard hours of an evaluation is 3 to 4 hours she spent one hour with me, if you want to include the 15 minutes of interruptions it was more like 45 minutes. In my report she stated things that were never talked about or even in a conversatio. She did not ask me the appropriate questions required for an adequate report for my court case. I feel that she does not understand that people's lives are in her hands. I do not feel that she handles her cases with passion, they're more like a walk in the park for her. They also have a MMP - 2 testing booklet that is so old it looks like it's from the Cold War. And there's words in there that you don't use on daily basis so you wouldn't understand them. But don't ask for help because her assistant will tell you to "do the best that you could" instead of telling you what the word meant so that you can better understand what you were about to answer. Also do not schedule around lunch because she will, and I quote, "try to make this quick so that it does not run into lunch". If you do happen to schedule with her the appropriate amount of hours for an appropriate evaluation is 3 to 4 hours not 1. And if you do not understand the questions; don't do what I did and do not answer them until someone helps you fully understand what it is you are being asked. Also do not let her assistant interrupt your sessions and ask her to turn her cell phone off.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Poor Christine Lobenberg is a very sick woman. She wrote the review below. I quit (not quite) my job because of her and a few other very mentally ill clients. One can only be abused by these sick individuals for so long. This is a very sad business. We are dealing with highly contentious couples who use their children as pawns. They wouldn't have been ordered by the courts to see a psychologist if they could get along with others and act in the best interests of their children. Unfortunately, there is always a winner and a loser. The loser complains. The winner walks away feeling Dr. Mellen is ethical, fair, honest and experienced. Which she is.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Truly a bad and incompetent doctor. She should not be allowed to practice, her understanding is not that great, instead taking a long time to fumble towards obvious answers. Misses sessions, unability to keep her schedule in order, and just generally not very good at basic psychological understanding of her clients. I don't think she would fit into "malpractice", but she is a huge waste of time and money. Counseling services with lower end counselors would be much more beneficial.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I wish I had done more research prior to requesting Dr. Mellen for our Limited Family Assessment. She is very incompetent. Reports weren't even filed timely with the courts and I paid for time just to have her ask the same questions over and over again because like another person said, she can't remember and I don't think she listens. She told me one thing on the phone and then switched it in her report. When I asked her about it I was not responded to at all! Child custody is very important and this lady does not know what she is doing! My child was also not comfortable talking with her about her true feelings. She also gave the other parent many chances to comply when she didn't need to chase him at all. She will take your money and not produce any solid reports. Don't trust her judgment for your child's future, worst mistake of my life!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014