Ratings for Dr. Tracy L. Ansay

Dr. Ansay and her staff, got me thru the worst period of my life. Always kind, very reassuring, and positive. I cannot say enough wonderful things about hrr and her staff. Special shout out to Stanley.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Doesn't rush you through very attentive and caring

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr Ansay made me feel safe and secure before and after my surgery her bedside manner and surgical skill is beyond 5 stars

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr Ansay is beyond phenomenal. My condition was deteriorating fast with muscle atrophy and neuropathy. She spelled everything out before surgery. I was up and walking the next day and within 6 months I was back to my full schedule. No more pain and I play hockey 3 to 4 times per week. I definitely recommend this awesome physician/surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Without a question Dr Ansay is as sweet and kind as the comments before mine have conveyed... While some reviews, not just on this site, have conveyed how she lays out a detailed plan to try to avoid surgery with other techniques, I feel that that was not the best course of action for myself given my previous history and clear and detailed pain problems... I went in the office in what I can only describe as excruciating pain (which I had been in for weeks at this point cause I needed to wait to get an appointment), but i was then given a list of things that she wanted to see get done before a follow up visit... Scheduled for 9 weeks later!!.... Now I ask, what sense does it make to make someone sit through that kind of pain for over 2 months when the obvious end result was right in front of her... I've sense seemed 2nd opinion and am currently with a different neurosurgeon who believes that was definately the wrong call on her part... Long story short, I wanted to present the other side of the coin for those who are praising her 'techniques' at avoiding surgery... I'm glad things have worked out for some but for me, her way was not going to work... ***sidenote*** .... While working with a new neurosurgeon, I also received a letter in the mail stating she was already leaving South Shore NeuroSpine Group in March... Hope this doesn't effect anyone on her 2 month technique plan....

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. Ansay is very kind and caring and professional, but more importantly, she is highly skilled and uses the latest surgical techniques. She explains necessary treatments and interventions in clear, easy to understand terms. Dr. Ansay has recommended conservative treatment for my back pain in an attempt to avoid surgery. I am currently being treated at the pain clinic and physical therapy. My first appointment at her office was with Gabe, a nurse practitioner, who ordered all necessary testing done prior to my fist appointment with Dr. Ansay. Gabe was very kind, thorough, informative and professional. Dr. Ansay performed surgery on my husband at South Shore Hospital and he has recovered very nicely with no issues. We both recommend Dr. Ansay and her staff very highly and feel fortunate we have such excellent care available to us.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Dr. Ansay is honestly the most remarkable physician our family has ever known. She is articulate and able to convey complex information simply and thoroughly. Her skill as a surgeon is exceptional and she treats her patients as though they are her highest priority. My mother, age 81, had an unforeseen complication. A very serious internal infection that required collaboration with infectious disease control. Dr. Ansay was highly adept at effectively pulling everything together and bringing my mother through a 5 hour surgery. Our testimony is quite remarkable in itself. Add to this, Dr. Ansay's warm and engaging bedside manner. It is evident too, that she works in a committed team environment. Dr. Steve Johnson and Gabrielle Mahoney, NP conveyed a similar commitment to excellence. Our family highly recommends this practice and Dr. Ansay in particular!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013