Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sommer Hammoud

I am so grateful for Dr. Sommer Hammoud and I would highly recommend her. I not only completely tore my ACL, but also had a complicated tear on my MCL and Dr. Sommer Hammoud did a great job. Not only did the surgery run smoothly, but she made me feel calm and confident throughout this whole process. After the surgery, she was constantly there for me and readily available to address all my questions and concerns. She truly supported me throughout all of it and I cannot thank her enough.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2019

Dr Hammond, is extremely Patient, helpful, understanding and caring. Her entire team was great as well!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2019

I had the MACI surgery on my knee and am 9 months post-op and feel great. Dr. Hammoud is a smart, caring, attentive, and personable surgeon. Dr. Hammoud takes the time to explain everything about the procedure she is going to perform in as much detail as she can. She welcomes all questions and answers them truthfully. Dr. Hammoud makes her patients assured in the decisions she makes. Dr. Hammoud is a phenomenal surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

Dr. Hammoud was absolutely wonderful! She broke down my MRI for me frame by frame to help me understand the damage I did to my ACL and walked me through step by step the process to repairing it, surgery, post surgery, and what the goal was for the future.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Dr. Hammouds assitant was great and very helpful. Great team.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I saw Dr. Hammoud twice for the same knee knee problem. Each visit was very rushed and she did not seem to pay much attention to my comments. During the second visit, she had the wrong chart. After directing me to get an MRI over a month passed without her following up. Finally I had to call. She did not give me a diagnosis, instead an assistant called and he (Ryan) could not give detailed information.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr. Sommer Hammoud's response
Dear Patient, Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Please contact us directly to discuss your concerns. We would love to talk with you and give you the care and information that you need. If interested, please call us at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Submitted June 7, 2017

Horrible experience. Does not listen to patients after she collects money for surgery. Could care less about after care

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr. Sommer Hammoud's response
Dear Patient, We would love the chance to speak with you to discuss your experience. Our goal is to exceed patient expectations and we apologize for not doing so for you. If interested, please call us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Submitted March 24, 2017

Best experience I have ever had with a doctor. Smart ,knowledgeable,explains everything And easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Dr. Hammoud operated on my shoulder for impingement, but failed to address the torn rotator cuff. I am now scheduled for that surgery by a different surgeon. I do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr. Sommer Hammoud's response
Dear Patient, We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love the opportunity to speak with you to discuss your concerns further. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. Hammoud diagnosed my condition in less than a minute after months of physical therapy and doctor visits. I felt like I was just being pushed around until I fought for further testing which led me to Dr. Hammoud. I could not be more pleased. Dr Hammoud had me diagnosed in a split second, scheduled and performed the appropriate surgical procedure, and has me on the road to an amazingly quick recovery in less than 3 weeks. She is an amazing Physician with a wonderful talent. Dr Hammoud is a extremely professional but brings a warm, friendly, comforting feeling to your visit that instantly puts you at ease.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Dr. Sommer Hammoud's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Sommer Hammoud is an ABOS Board Certified assistant professor of orthopaedic surgery at Thomas Jefferson University and specializes in sports related injuries of the knee, shoulder and elbow. She completed her residency at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. Dr. Hammoud's fellowship in sports medicine was completed in the Harvard program at Massachusetts General Hospital. During her fellowship, she served as an assistant team physician in the care of the Boston Red Sox, New England Revolution, and Boston Bruins and served as the head team physician for Curry College athletics. Her clinical interests include anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstructions, multi-ligament knee injuries, knee meniscus tears, shoulder instability and labral tears, as well as rotator cuff repair. Dr. Hammoud has a special interest in sports-related injuries of the female athlete.

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

• ACL injury