Ratings for Dr. R. Macon Phillips

As long as I have been going to Dr. Phillips he still doesn't know me or care to understand my condition. He will ask what's going on with me but not listen to the answer. Very disappointing!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Macon Phillips. He is a Wonderful doctor! Don't listen to the negative reviews. In 2009, I was so sick, and in so much pain. I had been examined and tested by many doctors and specialists in Huntsville, AL. All are respected and good doctors. No one could find out what was wrong with me. I went to Dr. Phillips in a wheelchair because I had gotten unable to even walk. He immediately sent me for lab work right there in their lab. Right away, He diagnosed me with Wegener's Granulomatosis. It is a rare auto-immune disease. I was in the last stages. If not diagnosed quickly and treated, Wegener's is a fast killer. He started me immediately on the meds that fight it. Dr. Phillips literally saved my life!! There is no "cure" for Wegener's at this time. However, this July, 2016, will be 7 years that Dr. Phillips has been treating me for this disease. I thank God for guiding me to Dr. Phillips. He is knowledgeable, professional, and compassionate towards his patients. Any time I have questions, he takes the time to answer them. Yes, he is very busy. He has a LOT of patients, as do all doctors these days. He has never made me feel that I was a "bother" to him, though, when I need to ask him a question or two. His nurses, Heather, and Ann are so nice and kind. They are very good about returning my calls if I have a concern. I have not had any problems with the staff being rude either. I have FULL confidence that Dr. Phillips is staying informed and current on any cure or better treatment for the rare disease he is treating me for.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Phillips has been my Doctor for about 7 years. Almost overnight I could hardly turn over in bed or stand up when I sat down. My joints and muscles would not work. He was recommended to me that he was an excellent Rheumatologist and he is. The first time I saw him he did lab work and had me come back in four weeks. He knew what my problem was that first time (didn't tell me then) but wanted to be sure from the lab test. He is a man of few words but I don't go to talk. I want to be able to have a better quality of life and that is what Dr. Phillips helps me with. He always seems concerned and answers my questions. His office staff keeps up with what tests I need to get yearly and always makes sure that I get them. I think he has an excellent Medical Staff. Some Doctor' offices, this day and time, don't seem to care if you get what you need or not. It is a different "Medical World" to what it used to be. I worked in the Medical Field for 40 years and it is nothing today like it used to be even 10 years ago. I feel fortunate to have a Doctor like Dr. Phillips.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I started seeing Dr. Phillips in 1985, he was HIGHLY recommended by the Doc's at Huston Sports Med Ctr in Columbus, Ga. I am one of his Oldest Patients, I have found him to be Very Professional and a Wonderful Doctor and I have been so mad at him over his bed side manner and intended to quit but my wife said "you are not seeing him to shoot the Bull" your seeing him for what he knows and his ability to treat "Ankylosing Spondylitis" which I came down with while I was in Vietnam and is a fairly Rare Disease. I find him to be a VERY Good Man and a Very Caring and Excellent Doctor, would highly recommend him and find his Nursing Staff to be Top Notch and VERY FRIENDLY.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Would not waste my time he's flakey and staff is disorganized

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr. Macon Phillips potentially saved my life! 100% recommend! He is my God sent angel!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Love Dr Phillips. He is wonderful, kind, and attentive. Helped me tremendously.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

The staff is rude and extremely unprofessional. When I began my RA treatment Dr. Hernandez was the primary physician and was outstanding in every since of the word. Dr. Phillips took over my care and I've looked for a replacement doctor since. Rheumatologists are extremely limited in the Huntsville area. I would not recommend Dr. Phillips and will continue to seek a replacement.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I love Dr. Phillips and his staff. I've been hurting for 9 years. I've been to TOC in Huntsville, Tennessee valley pain center, and many different doctors , had I don't know how many test run an still NO results of my problems! Then I had my appointment with Dr. Phillips. He was VERY nice, kind, polite, took time with, answered ALL of my questions , an had GREAT bed side manners ! Dr Phillips done blood work that same day which was the most blood work I've ever had done at one time. He then set me a appointment with Timothy Byrum, CRNP. I went back in 2 weeks got ALL my results from blood work and they found out what was wrong with me in only 1 visit with Dr. Phillips and 1 visit with Tim Byrum. I'm on the right medications for the first time in 9 years ! Also Tim Byrum was GREAT ! Loved him he also took alot of time with me an explained everything, very kind, understanding, polite, answered all of my questions , and had great bed side manners ! I would an did refer my own mother ! :)

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

My mother uses this doctor. She has systemic Lupus. The staff is rude and extremely unprofessional. She began the Benlysta treatments and the doctor basically answered every question she had with Im not sure.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

Dr. R. Macon Phillips's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)