Ratings for Dr. Lisette M. Akers

I have been a patient of Dr. Akers since 2012. I always had my doubts that her enthusiasm when seeing me was an act. I have realized recently she doesn't really remember me and for that matter, truly aware of my health needs and requirements. I believe she doesn't take into account her "patients" needs, but tends to be very egotistical with her diagnosis (which on several occasions have NOT been in my best interest. Dr. Akers is a decent doctor if your only needs are general...she doesn't seem to perform well for patients needing individual care and analysis.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

please don't believe all the 5 star comments, it is probably Dr. Akers her self...this is the worst doctor I have ever met...she became a a doctor to satisfy her own ego , not really to help people, and this is very clearly observed...plus she went to ROSS ...lol.... Dr. Akers if you are reading this please take to time to listen to your patient...and not be in love with your own voice

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr Akers is not only a super knowledgeable physician, I feel like she's a friend, as well. She takes way more time with me than any other physician I've ever had. There is no question in my mind that she genuinely cares about me as a person; in fact, she has called me at home on a couple of occasions just to check on me,. I think she's an outstanding doctor and an even better person.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Akers has been my primary care physician since 2010. She does more than just diagnosis your illness or prescribe medicine... She takes an interest in her patients and shows compassion and respect every time I visit her. I would recommend her without hesitation.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Akers is a terrific doctor. Very thorough and knowledgeable. She is very proactive taking time to work with you to address any concerns you may have about your health and then suggesting solutions or alternatives to treat your specific needs. I would recommend her without question.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

My husband, myself and our 2 teenage children see Dr. Akers. She is knowledgeable, personable and dedicated to her patients. She's wonderful!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I love Dr. Akers! She is so personable and very knowledgable! She treats you like a person rather than just one more patient. She really listens to her patients and their concerns/comments. She will talk out loud about what she is doing and why she is doing it which makes the patient feel comfortable and at ease. I would recommend her to anyone! Her personality is awesome!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

I’m an advanced practice nurse. My PCP retired from this practice and was replaced by Dr. Akers. Here’s why she hasn't impressed me: 1)Refused to continue treating symptomatic low testosterone that my prior PCP had treated for years. Stated women don’t need any testosterone, refused to even discuss it. (Studies support maintaining appropriate levels of testosterone in women.) 2)Annual physical barely qualified as such; lab work, breath sounds, arm/leg reflexes & she was done. 3)Called in a vit D prescription. (I had no idea I had low vit D until the pharmacy called me to pick up the Rx.) Then suggested that, although not as good as direct sun, my vit D may increase if I sit by a sunny window. (Ineffective; glass blocks the UVB rays needed to make vit D.) 4)Boasted being a menopause expert. (Didn't know about a common Rx that studies found helpful with menopause symptoms.) 5)Prescribed Prozac for depression. (Didn't know about a common & unpleasant side effect.) I’m seeking a new PCP

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

Wonderful physician,took a lot of time with me, extremely knowledgable, she is very personable and a terrific doctor.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Very dismissive and disrespectful. My regular doctor that I've had for 25 years was booked. I've never had a complaint with any doctor at Carmel before. She did not listen or hear anything I was communicating to her. She already had an opinion that did not reflect what I was saying. I left feeling very disappointed and a little angry.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013