Ratings for Dr. James J. Alonzo

Amazing doctor. I cannot speak highly enough of him. I went to ED after having pains in my stomach and not knowing what it was, I was very early into my pregnancy. After multiple tests, it was discovered I suffered an ectopic pregnancy. I had keyhole surgery, and made it through. Shortly after I discovered I was still pregnant, I went back to see Dr Alonzo, where he advised me that I had actually suffered a heterotopic pregnancy (one baby in the Fallopian tube, and the other in the Utero). This is very rare, he cared for me very well. Would definitely recommend him

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

You either love him or hate him and I LOVE HIM!! He does come across as arrogant at times, but he's the best damn doctor I have ever had. He's not affraid to tell you how it is and will go out of his way to help you. He NEVER EVER made me feel as if he was my ****or whatever that other woman said. I trusted him so much that during my pregnancies I drove two hours to Pittsburgh. Wouldn't let another doctor touch me until I moved across the country and didn't have much of a choice! Great guy and hope he is doing well.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

Please come home I need an exam..you are the best gyne ever.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Fantastic doctor; was greatly disappointed when he moved out of the country to work. Was his patient for almost 20 years. Excellent staff. Anxiously awaiting his return to Pittsburgh.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2010

I would never go back to this doctor. He did a routine Pap and during the procedure he did something that hurt me so bad it brought tears of pain. Unbelievable! He kept repeating in a loud, nonchalant voice "I'm sorry, honey, I'm sorry" while not sounding like he was sorry at all! He also recommended a procedure at another location and said "All my girls go there." He sounded more like a ****than a doctor! Very pompous and more than a little arrogant. Avoid at all costs!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

I can hardly wait for Dr. Alonzo to return to Magee Hospital in Oakland, PA. I want to have another baby but am waiting until I am sure he is back from working out of the country.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

Dr. James J. Alonzo's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1982)