Ratings for Dr. Francine F. Mccain

I NEVER write negative reviews like this. But I need to let people know how bad of an experience we had with Dr. Francine McCain. My 22 year old daughter (who has never been sexually active) wanted to get checked out because of her heavy and painful menstration. She is a very strong young woman with a high tollerence for pain, but was still very nervous about this appt as she has always been very modest as well. I went with her to this appt. From the get go, Dr. McCain seemed to be in a kind of rush, and didn't seem to really "listen" to our concerns. That was bad enough. But what was HORRIBLE was the way she physically handled my daughter. We made very clear that she was a virgin and very modest and nervous. She apparently ignored this. She used a REGULAR sized scope to do an exam on my daughter! She basically was very rough and insensitive, telling my daughter, "just relax". She then basically shoved the thing in! My daughter was in so much pain that she was shaking and almost passed out afterwards. It was also VERY obvious that she was in this pain, but Dr. McCain IGNORED it! And just kept going and when she was done, quickly finished up and left the room. I felt Horrible for my daughter and I felt bad that I didn't jump in and knock the doctor out to stop her from hurting my daughter so bad. Now I know that some people are more sensitive than others. And some may say that my daughter was just sore because she was a virgin. I understand that. We both do. So we expected some discomfort, but this was INEXCUSABLE. This happened almost a year ago. It has taken this long to help my daughter thru the trauma of the experience to get her to go see a different doctor for some help. (since there was NO way we were going back to Dr. McCain). We just took her to another obgyn yesterday at a different facility. And let's just say, Hallelujah! This doctor was gentle, she listened, was caring, and did NOT HURT her! Yes, the experience was "uncomfortable" physically, but NO pain! Now THAT is the way a doctor who specializes in WOMEN'S care should handle her patients! At this point, and comparing the two doctors, I don't know how Dr. McCain is licensed or could have return patients. PLEASE, Dr. McCain, if you are reading this, learn some bedside manners, and learn to be gentle with your patients. What you do for a living can destroy a person when done wrong. To those looking for a good obgyn, make sure the doctor LISTENS to you and doesn't act like she's just wanting to push you thru the door. Like I said, I do NOT like writing these kind of reviews. But this time I had to. :(

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

First appointment with her was horrible. She made me feel that I was very much not worth her time. She barely looked me in the face. She talked about prescribing me a medication and how I would take it but then prescribed it in an entirely different way. I took it to my GP and discussed the proper way to take the med and we did it the right way. I was supposed to go back for a follow up but because of how she made me feel I called and cancelled my appointment. The day after my appointment was supposed to have been her office called me to see why I missed the appointment. When I called back to tell them I had cancelled it I couldn't get anyone on the phone. The office communication sucks and her bedside manner is non-existent. I was seeking help and she brushed me off as if I didn't matter.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

I had a ton of complications during my pregnancy & she was always there to comfort me about anything! I think she is a fantastic doctor & I would love to have her as my doctor next time as well!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

If I could, I'd give her a negative number of stars!! First of all, her staff is rude and hateful. Second, when you do finally get an appointment with her you should expect uneducated and careless service. At my first sonogram (6w1d) she told me she didn't see a thing. No gestational sac. No yolk sac. No baby. I was expected to just go home. Instead I went straight to the ER for a second opinion, where the sonogram was repeated and my saw my baby. Even the ER dr said she's an idiot. I'd never tell anyone to be seen by her! Save yourself the worry and panic of being told you're having a miscarriage...

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

She is a wonderful doctor she takes the time to throuroughly explains things to her patients. The office is just so busy with there being so many other doctors. The staff does not communicate very well either. After an appt that a D&C was decided to be the option, the staff then pulled me into an office and told me the amount of money I would be paying for my prenatal care. I was like what? Then had to tell them my baby wasn't even alive. That is something that could have easily been read on my chart or discussed between them. Very frustrating that there was no communication.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

She a wonderful physician! She takes time to get to know your history and help you make the best decisions about your health care and explains all your options. She even call you back personally if you leave a message. Her staff is wonderful also, very professional.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Dr. Francine F. Mccain's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Pacificare