Ratings for Dr. Laura Norrell

She has little knowledge of endometriosis and recommended Lupron pre-diagnosis. I often had to wait over an hour at appointments and found it difficult to get her to return calls. She put me on the wrong type of birth control pills - she had me taking multiphasic pills continuously (no placebos). After getting worse for 4 months she still wouldn't change the pills. It was a nurse practitioner in another office that told me I was on the wrong pills, and as soon as I switched to a monophasic pill I started feeling better. Dr. Norrell didn't help my endo at all, so if that may be your problem I would avoid her office.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2007

Dr. Norrell is well loved by her patients and an overall fantastic OB. She's respectful of women's choices, warm, fun, supportive and accessible. The OB practice at St. Luke's has an incredibly low c-section rate, largely due to Dr. Norrell's leadership and the team of doctors and midwives she has assembled. We had a fantastic prenatal and birth experience with Dr. Norrell and we can't recommend her highly enough.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2006

Dr. Laura Norrell's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Healthnet